youtube.com/watch?v=nlRjjGc6pJA
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Priest easily

TO SEE HIM FLY

Priest wins this one by a landslide

SO MANY DIED
if you think any of these albums can top Stargazer off rising youre crazy
sabbath comes close

Given that two of those were shitty albums by bands that had run out of ideas...

achilles last stand > everything those bands have ever done

This.

The one with the best riffs is Sad Wings easily. Comparatively the others either have too much wank or not enough riffing.

youtube.com/watch?v=dre0aTVrGTU
youtube.com/watch?v=EXJ9mIjrx4E
cant really argue in favor of priest

Sad Wings has better songs than Rising but Rising has more tasteful production and has aged miles better. I haven't heard the other two.

Unleashed in the East makes the Sad Wings of Destiny versions obsolete

It takes some getting used to Dio's endless wizards and evil women songs...

I seem to remember all of the Rolling Stone Magazine reviews for these were pretty negative.

theyre pretty comfy though
youtube.com/watch?v=Bol-dzBU5Uc

Technical Ecstasy is a less-good version of Never Say Die
basically imagine their S/T with synthesizers

the highlight of Presence is Achilles Last Stand
youtube.com/watch?v=nlRjjGc6pJA

No shit, Sherlock. Anything that even vaguely looked like progressive rock was enemy numero uno to the music press in the 70s.

Hahaha Priest fucks every other band here in the ass lol

*blocks your path*

what do you do user?

>tfw no Rainbow patricians on Sup Forums

>tfw someone says Patrician when implying Rising as the best rainbow album

Nigga please, true patrician's know Bent Out of Shape is the single greatest achievement in popular music of all time, second only to Getaway/Little Brown Jug single.

Led Zepplin isn't heavy metal, and it's an insult to the other three bands to include them in that category.

Of course, that being said, the clear winner is Judas Priest, with Black Sabbath and Rainbow being tied at second. (Hey, c'mon. Technical Ecstasy really does have a few good songs on it)

>non-dio rainbow
>best

That's hard rock, not metal, numbnuts.

>Hahaha Priest fucks every other band here in the ass

Yeah, Rob Halford would be the guy to ask about that.

Rising isn't as guitar-heavy as the other albums, it has more of a hard rock than a metal feel a lot of the times.

Sad Wings > Rising > Presence >>>>> TechEx

There are hardly metal. Zeppelin really?

>based pac

PRIEST

Blackmore's solos beat Tipton/Downing's solos though.

None of the above. Go listen to Radio Ethiopia instead. C-

Most 70s hard rock guitarists > Richie

xgau is such a fucking faggot, it's not even funny

Priest edges out barely over Rainbow

the fuck is Technical Ecstasy even doing on here? One of the worst albums of Ozzy's entire career including solo, let alone fucking Sabbath. Complete trash.

How the fuck did anyone take him seriously for so long?

He never had a very good sense of melody.

How has Rising aged better? That album barely has any riffs (like a couple tracks is just two or three riffs for four minutes straight) and Richie's overly long wank sessions don't make it any better.

Not him but riffs can date a song more than just basic chords because different types of riffs are popular in different eras.

But all of those have riffs? Rising and that Zepplin record are just very repetitive structurally. Sad Wings aged the best because it's able to introduce multiple riffs, creating a sense of motivic development that's a lot closer to what metal became and still is today. To me that's a sign of having aged far better than the other three which stick far closer to the hard rock cliches of that time period.

Dio has often been praised as a vocalist but he couldn't beat Rob Halford for sheer power.

I guess you're using a different definition of "aged the best" than me, since I was using it more in the context of effects/guitar tones/melodies that would date the album.

I understand what you mean by that, but in the example of the four albums itt all of them have aged in your regard.

I always felt the poor midget never got the respect he deserved because he had a "frontman for hire" image and also of course the media/critics didn't like his kind of music so he got very little attention from them.

Rainbow

He got the respect he deserved from the metal community which is what really counts. I mean, does anyone give a flying fuck what Rolling Stone Mag thinks?

Sad Wings of Destiny

Tyrant is kino

As the other guy said, Rising really doesn't have songs. This isn't a fault of Dio's either because he had no problem with proper song structures when he was with Sabbath. If anything, it's more a fault of Blackmore et al since Deep Purple albums didn't tend to have good songcraft either.

Halford is a genetic freak. He has what, six octaves or something?

I don't think Rising influenced as many bands as Sad Wings. It felt like fairly generic 70s AOR, more Styx than anything.