youtube.com/watch?v=Tja-2Ht7Ixw
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

wtf I hate OP now

i feel bad for people like you

why?
rec some good piano-based jazz
I don’t like coltrane or davis but this album is solid

actually kys

This is definitely the best jazz album of all time. And I've heard more than 12 jazz albums so pretty sure I know what I'm talking about.

did you find this accidentally on youtube

>tfw you fell for the men
>tfw it's literally just "jazz the album"

no someone on Sup Forums bless their soul

try starting with Bud Powell and then work your way up the history you fucking faggot

i guess its alright. but you dont just say "wtf i like jazz now" and then go on and say you dont like coltrane or davis

Just keep clicking on those youtube recommendations bro, it has all the best jazz music

I've heard "in a silent way" by Miles Davis and I can confirm that OP album is the best jazz album ever

why is this good?
bland as shit

HOLY SHIT

>I don’t like coltrane

L O L
O
L

>piano jazz

literal trash

>Art Tatum
>Bud Powell
>Thelonious Monk
>Horace Silver
>Dave Brubeck
>Bill Evans
>Wynton Kelly
>McCoy Tyner
>Keith Jarret
>Bobby Timmons

Jazz is one of the most interesting genres to explore due to how the scene is interlocked.
>Chick Corea

I've never heard this album before, but I dig it. Very "Nu-Evans" though. Piano jazz is good

Chick Corea is for sure worth looking into

Herbie Hancock, Bill Evans, Duke Ellington, Thelonius Monk... the list could go on

thanks dude
preciate ya

>Piano jazz is good

Decent at best. The instrument itself can't be even remotely compared to horns on an emotional expressiveness point of view.

yep. look for 'almost like falling in love' w/ chet baker

and here's something a little different I just got into
youtu.be/vq0Xq5nWzIY

where do I go from Shape Of Jazz To Come

This is up there with the Cowboy Bebop soundtrack as the greatest Jazz album ever created. Just wait until the old people die off and everyone forgets the hipster shit like Coltrane and appreciate good jazz music.

I got the code, just listen to these guys
Ahmad Jamal
Erroll Garner
Bill Evans

Add count basie and eroll garner pls

Amateur Pianist here, I'm trying to get that Johnny Costa/Mr. Rogers Neighborhood nostalgic feeling down, what are some good techniques and progressions to practice to get it down??

youtube.com/watch?v=2ItgwngqVNw
youtube.com/watch?v=Tja-2Ht7Ixw

Also, Marian McPartland

Remember one of the most important rules - KYS

Keep Your Swing

Drag and rush by feeling occasionally, you have to keep it natural and funky, surgically precise music is electronic and not fun

Based Serb, I'm actually pretty good at that, my issue is that I have a hard time finding out where to go between progressions. Currently trying to learn my modes but I'm having a hard time grasping them.

are you 14

>Tfw actually fucking playing with Chick Corea in April

H-have I made it bros?

wtf I like 2000s RnB now

lrn 2 21st century

wtf I love black people now.

what do you play?

>Only a fool would take anything posted here as fact

this isn’t Sup Forums

nope i’m 22, was I supposed to listen to jazz at 14?

bait thread posted every day. lameeee

>Bud Powell
>The start of worthwhile piano jazz
kys yourself

wtf are u doing on the Sup Forums music board if you weren't an elitist autist in yr nascent adolescence? what genre signifies refinement more than jazz? what are you doing man tsk tsk

People can't lie on the internet, especially not on Sup Forums. But it's only been 2 hours. I'm sure he'll post a picture of him and Chick Corea at rehearsal.

Tell him he is mai husbando

>jap brings emotion to an overly technical and autistic genre based on "muh interplay," while still being accessible
>autistic jazz snobs get angry that people enjoy it
like clockwork

>I don’t like coltrane or davis but this album is solid
dummy
listen to Oscar Peterson Trio - Live at CBC Studios

oscar peterson

then bill evans

then maybe red garland

then monk

then horace silver

then bud powell

ah shit almost forget ahmad jamal

ty

>jap brings emotion
Stopped reading right there.

>jap brings emotion
this is never true

not OP but thanks for the recc
my personal favorite is oscar trio (ray brown & louis hayes) live in montreal

soundcloud.com/seangougz

I dont get it who is this stupid chink ?

>on a device connected to the internet
>has a near endless wealth of knowledge at the tips of his chubby fingers
>with a dozen taps he could find nearly any information his heart could desire
>instead posts "I dont get it..."

wow howd u type all that with that dick in your mouth ?

just another faggot fishing for (You)s

You're welcome, and thanks for your rec too, I've been meaning to listen to more of him

Are you retarded? Bud Powell is the fucking foundation of the bebop language in its purest form. If you knew anything about the music you'd know how important lineage is. Fuck out of here with that bullshit

did he appropriate black culture?

try oscar peterson, bud powell, erroll garner, duke ellington, bill evans etc.

>music is creative and well-played
>"holy shit what autistic soulless wankery"

>music is trite, repetitive and sloppily played
>"woah so emotional man!"

look buddy im not much into jazz and i do like this album but its so youtube recomendations core that you should probably consider suicide because you posted this here

WOW I LOVE YOUTUBE RECOMMENDATIONS TOO. MUST HAVE BEEN ALL THOSE BORUTO AMVS IVE BEEN WATCHING :))) xd

What exactly constitutes being 'youtube recommendations' material? Is Cigarettes After Sex thus classified? What about Giles Corey?

go on the youtube video for OPs album. Check the comment section. That's what makes it "youtube recommendations" material. There's nothing wrong with a lot of the content youtube recommends and their algorithms are better than they used to be, but it's still a real meme and it's pretty obvious OP is either a retard and/or baiting.

If he weren't Japanese nobody on here would give a shit. Japs get a free pass though

Traditionally, jazz has been associated with technique (an odd mis-interpretation of the original spirit of Afro-american music by white intellectuals). I do not enjoy listening to music for the sake of a brilliant solo. That solo has to deliver emotion. If it is technically breathtaking but does not deliver any emotion, that musician is not very interesting to me. There is a difference, in my opinion, between a juggler and an artist. If the playing is barely passable, but it delivers a lot of emotion, that musician is a genius.

what fuck OhPEE