Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=H7HmzwI67ec
youtube.com/watch?v=fB-bKRR9KyI
youtube.com/watch?v=OVxv6xReMxQ&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA&index=88
youtube.com/watch?v=ffdUa2EjaV8&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA&index=8
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrangeBlueContrast
moviesincolor.com/
moviebarcode.tumblr.com/
4.bp.blogspot.com/-MOYCuzL0_Do/UBVw7sFTyNI/AAAAAAAAF2Y/5wplhVfLXz0/s1600/alannah_currie_1982_01_01.jpg
youtube.com/watch?v=haCY2qa4-fU&index=80&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA
electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes-part-2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

tfw guily pleasure
youtube.com/watch?v=H7HmzwI67ec

Song is a jam. Adam Young knows how to make a tune. He just writes lyrics for 5 year olds.

not even guilty about liking carly

Her horsey face reminds me of my 1st girlfriend. I miss her toothy blowjobs. Music for this feel?

>toothy blowjobs

why all music videos nowdays look so colorless?

It's all shot on digital and most music video production companies/directors/producers have neither the time, the money, or the skill to properly color-key the footage, and so they just go with the flat-looking raw footage instead.

This also happens in movies, which is why so many MCU films, among many others, all look so lifeless and drained of all color.

On the flipside, when you have a cinematographer who actually knows his shit and takes the time to properly color-key it all, you get pic related from that exact same raw color information.

Think of it as the digital equivalent of developing film. It's really easy to make even the nicest film stock look lifeless if you suck at developing it, but in the right hands, modern digital can put Kodachrome or Technicolor to shame.

I wonder what her feet and armpits taste like.

mullet Carly, Best Carly

Talk about being out in the sun too long. She has the skin of a 45 year old.

>Talk about being out in the sun too long.
Nobody was talking about that though.

She's white

well she is about what 30 and pale as fuck. She still a hottie with those baby blues.

I wouldn't say she looks like she has sun damage, if anything she's very pale and seems to not be getting enough sunlight.

i remember people ragged on her cuz she was "fat" here.

has anyone ever seen carly live? is she any good?

yup it more like you see all the veins and shit

The latter two pics must be heavily shooped to hide her plucked chicken legs.

Pitchfork. That set is 90 percent better than her album. She can work a crowd. Just watch some of her early shows and compare her to that or her NYC Webster appearance. She is awesome live.

Played a local show with her before she got big. Don't think I've ever met a nicer girl.

wtf. i was browsing some of her tv appearances and they were shit. but she looks like a totally different performer in the pitchfork festival and webster hall videos i just saw. wow. thanks for that, i need to go see her live now.

she is honorary kpop so we love her

youtube.com/watch?v=fB-bKRR9KyI

full pitchfork performance one of the best this year.

holy shit, thanks for this. much appreciated.

Better than Gr*mes anyway.

yeah she really improved her performance chops. Watching the old performances are still kind of endearing just because she has so much charisma. Who can forget her Debbie Gibson phase.

youtube.com/watch?v=OVxv6xReMxQ&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA&index=88

bonus cool one

youtube.com/watch?v=ffdUa2EjaV8&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA&index=8

i fucked up, i went to FYF that year but i didn't show up on that day til after blood orange already performed. wish i would've gone earlier now. carly is super underrated

Hey, I just met you,
and this is crazy,
go back to Tumblr
you fucking baby.

poptimism is dead

i think i was the only straight guy at her show and it fucking ruled

Not to derail the thread, but it's no small detail that Grimes personally color-grades her own music videos...

>This also happens in movies, which is why so many MCU films, among many others, all look so lifeless and drained of all color.
Correction: The current tendency in films toward washed-out lifelessness of color with an emphasis on orange & teal is (unfortunately) a purposeful trend:
tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/OrangeBlueContrast

For some cool visuals/documentation of this see:
moviesincolor.com/
moviebarcode.tumblr.com/

queen

ew grimes sucks. more carly plz

Too bad Grimes sucks. No not really but she just doesn't give me chills like some of Carly's stuff and I like the The Residents and Fred Frith non unironically. Tokyo Police Club said she was one of the best upcoming artists way before Kiss was released. Shes good.

>No not really but she just doesn't give me chills like some of Carly's stuff
Not surprising desu. Carly's music is custom-made for generating cheap thrills. And there most certainly IS a place for cheap-thrills pop music, although I personally like msuic with a bit more substance to it (e.g. Grimes.)

I'm so pissed I genuinely love her sense of style

substance? Grimes has about much substance as the chick from Thompson Twins
4.bp.blogspot.com/-MOYCuzL0_Do/UBVw7sFTyNI/AAAAAAAAF2Y/5wplhVfLXz0/s1600/alannah_currie_1982_01_01.jpg

Carly's hits may be AI generated but she imbues it with "feeling" "soul" whatever you want to call it. It is rare for a pop artist nowadays to do that. She's genuine.

id fuck her in the asshole

>not to derail the thread
proceeds to derail the thread

gee i wonder why no one likes grimesfags (besides other grimesfags)

t. newfag who hasn't been here enough to see the entirety of Sup Forums fall in love with Emotion and Emotion Side B and only knows Call Me Maybe

lmao

Grimes is such a fucking tryhard. the only place is see people rave about Grimes is fucking Sup Forums

>reddit: the post

youtube.com/watch?v=haCY2qa4-fU&index=80&list=FLy-WBT6o79RNZaYzEDUH7MA

>She's genuine.
Never said otherwise desu. To Quote Grimes:
>It takes a high level of intelligence to interpret music, especially as something you can dance to. It’s spiritual. It’s liberating. If someone can make you dance to their music, it’s a pretty amazing skill. Same goes for all the pop art that touches you emotionally in a split second. I can’t see anything negative in that.
electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes-part-2/
Simple =/= bad.

>proceeds to derail the thread
You seemed to have missed the massive ", but" in my sentence there, kiddo.

>Shit taste waifufags: The post

lmao grimes is such a douchebag

meh, that's not nearly as bad as your reddit-ass post.

plucked chicken legs?

wow this is really good. i always liked her as a catchy songwriter but this performance changed my opinion of her.

Jesus did you just copy this Rick and Morty intelligence meme from Reddit and substitute Grimes?

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand Rick and Morty. The humor is extremely subtle, and without a solid grasp of theoretical physics most of the jokes will go over a typical viewer's head. There's also Rick's nihilistic outlook, which is deftly woven into his characterisation - his personal philosophy draws heavily from Narodnaya Volya literature, for instance. The fans understand this stuff; they have the intellectual capacity to truly appreciate the depths of these jokes, to realize that they're not just funny- they say something deep about LIFE. As a consequence people who dislike Rick and Morty truly ARE idiots- of course they wouldn't appreciate, for instance, the humour in Rick's existencial catchphrase "Wubba Lubba Dub Dub," which itself is a cryptic reference to Turgenev's Russian epic Fathers and Sons I'm smirking right now just imagining one of those addlepated simpletons scratching their heads in confusion as Dan Harmon's genius unfolds itself on their television screens. What fools... how I pity them. And yes by the way, I DO have a Rick and Morty tattoo. And no, you cannot see it. It's for the ladies' eyes only- And even they have to demonstrate that they're within 5 IQ points of my own (preferably lower) beforehand.

Why aren't you posting about CRJ itt?

Even the those indie Pitchfork fags conceded she rocked the house.

>Jesus did you just copy this Rick and Morty intelligence meme from Reddit
user, I LITERALLY linked to the original source in my post - electronicbeats.net/self-liberating-an-interview-with-grimes-part-2/
Which btw predates the existence of this precious Rick & Morty meme of yours by MORE THAN FOUR YEARS.

oh shit, dev hynes comes out. this is rad

shut the fuck up junior

somebody photoshop this with 200% smug please.

forgot pic

i want to eat her backup singer's ass

for reference

>being too retarded to open both files in paint, crop the section you need, and copy and paste it onto the other image
kill yourself, dumb fuck

im at work with no privileges on this pc, but thank anyway..

My love for her is fading. I still listen to emotion at least once a month, but I think I need a new pop girl to cling to.

lorde is waiting for you with open arms, fampai

yes, but whats truly fascinating is that ive never heard of this person.

Infinitely better than Grimes

because grimesfags keep bringing grimes in unrelated threads

She has some lovely pits

I think she is extremely cute and I like her a lot!

I mean, I'm glad she had a huge hit like that sure, she deserves it. But Carly has so much more than that to offer.

I want to make her choke on my cock.

Have you heard that new tune of hears with BC Unidos? The fire will burn again, but she does need to hurry with her new album. Pop artists nowadays take so long. The Beatles were dropping chart topping albums within months.

Sup Forums memed me into listening to EMOTION. it's generic pop bullshit

>tfw brother got to meet her before she got big

Watch it live in that pitchfork video posted up thread it is way better than the album version.

took me like 2 seconds

>It takes a high level of intelligence to interpret music
to be fair you have to have a very high iq to enjoy grime's music

>average Sup Forumstant work ethic