Release the greatest album of their entire career

>release the greatest album of their entire career
>unanimous acclaim
>completely abandon the sound for Villains

Fucking WHY

I drank a potion, baby, to erase you ;(

>implying Queens have ever repeated a sound

What the hell is so special about this band? It just seems like derivative 70s AOR/Hard Rock combined with even more derivative indie, creating a pseudo-masterpiece that is this band's abysmal music.

If it's so derivative rec me bands that sound like ...Like Clockwork, then bands that sound like Rated R, then bands that sound like Villains.

Honestly I really loved villains, though LC is obviously superior

I heard this album for the first time like a month ago.
This is great stuff like holy shit I didn't expect this at all.
Should I give Rated R a listen and forget about their other albums? Or is the discography pretty consistent? Not that I believe they can pull a LC everytime but you know

Monster Magnet, Clutch, Kyuss, Led Zeppelin, Black Sabbath (softer), Deep Purple, Acrimony, Core, Tumbleweed, Motorhead, Thin Lizzy, Wishbone Ash, Rainbow, and Free. All of these bands my dad forcibly made me listen to, and all before I discovered Queers of the Stupidity Age. Trite, overwrought hard Rock/corporate rock with god-awful, insipid lyricism one wouldn't see too far off of Foo Fighters (another band they're derivative of). I hate you.

>Should I give Rated R a listen and forget about their other albums?
Listen to them all, I don't know why you're just singling out Rated R.
>Or is the discography pretty consistent?
Consistant in quality, definitely. Although shitposters will tell you Lullabies and Era Vulgaris are bad, but that's just because they're Kyussfags, but considering you like ...LC, this probably won't be a problem.
>Not that I believe they can pull a LC everytime but you know
Most fans tend to put ...LC or Songs for the Deaf at the top of their lists, but all of them are good (to me).

Why do you dislike qotsa so much?

Sure they are not the best band ever but they're not worthy of this much edge

Rated R is probably one of their weakest albums desu, but that's a tough call since they're all pretty good

Not trying to shitpost or start any bs but I literally never thought this opinion was possible until today.

Rated R and the self titled are my favorites, so yes.

Because they live in reality. Such a vile, disgusting word. How do people enjoy this life?

Ok, user I'm going for it, maybe I'll get a new favorite band. LC was my first exposure to to the band

>Listen to them all, I don't know why you're just singling out Rated R.
I remember reading people speaking pretty highly of it like LC and RR are the best albums and I wasn't sure if the discography was consistent sometimes I want to hear only the best material cause I'm lazy

Oh really? Well I guess that contradicts what I read but good stuff makes me look forward more to the discography as a whole.
I'm confusion
So IT IS pretty good, what a wild ride this last posts were

I love Like Clockwork; it's my favourite QOTSA album and one of my favourite albums in general. There was no way though that Villains was going to compare in both quality and style with Like Clockwork came out of Homme's near death experience and the subsequent depression having been the catalyst behind it.

It has aged badly, as has the debut imo

Or maybe I've just heard them too often

Memers will prefer Rated R because of nostalgia, just give all the albums a shot they are all different takes on the same formula pretty much

>It has aged badly
>Monsters in Parasol
>Auto Pilot
>Better Living Through Chemistry
>I Think I Lost My Headache
>aged bad
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Personally I'd put it
RR > SftD > LC > S/T > LTP > Villains > EV

>Auto Pilot
>Better Living Through Chemistry
>In The Fade
>dat entire ending, yes, the whole thing
C'mon boi

Rated R is such a mess of fantastic moments. Beginning to end, I am always surprised at how much I enjoy relistening to all the tracks, from the slower, Mark Lanegan songs to the faster, creepier Nick songs.

1. ...Like Clockwork
2. Rated R
3. Lullabies to Paralyze
4. Songs for the Deaf
5. QOTSA
6. Villains
7. Era Vulgaris

Lullabies came after SftD, not Villains.

>tfw spent the last 15 minutes writing a post about my opinions on the qotsa albums but now i can't figure it out anymore and completely lost my point
All I know for sure is Lullabies to Paralyze is their best and the self-titled is their worst okay?

Era Vulgaris > Songs for the Deaf = ...Like Clockwork > QotSA > Rated R > Lullabies

That's a good problem to have. That means you like most of their albums enough to the point where it's hard to rank them without second guessing yourself. Honestly, it changes every so often for me because it depends on what mood I'm in or what I'm doing.

>I hate you.

oh come on user, do we really have to be like this?

I know how you feel, guess I just feel for Lullabies the most because it has my favorite songs on it.

I really wish QotsA would do more slow stuff like "Skin on Skin", "You Got A Killer Scene There, Man", or "Keep Your Eyes Peeled". Love those

Lullabies is actually mad underrated because there's so much songs on there, I cut the fat off by 20 minutes. Otherwise
Era Vulgaris >SFTD>ST>Rated R>LC>Lullabies>Villains

I'm sorry, but after that day.... I can't trust anyone anymore.

Skin on Skin, Tangled Up in Plaid. The Blood is Love, You've Got A Killer Scene, and Broken Box are amazing

My man

I wish for a return to Lullabies-esque riffs in the near future

HOLDING HANDS

Their first album is their best. It's not even close.

I don't get this album, I feel like its over my head. I liked their first album though

Rated R is their masterpiece you brainlet

t. Kyusscucks

Kyuss sounds the same because, well, Josh Homme... So that's kind of a given

lol

So many shit opinions in this thread good lord.

Quality post, my nigger. Care to elaborate?

Because of this
>Producer: Mark Ronson, Mark Rankin
Previous albums had the band or Josh as producer.
And even if it was self produced the sound would've changed

i'll never get why so many people dislike era vulgaris. i loved pretty much every song on that album, whereas with stuff like Lullabies i tune out after the first half of the album. i really don't have a least favorite album from them though, all of it is pretty solid and like that one guy said, my ranking just depends on my mood at the moment

I'm baffled that people don't like Era Vulgaris, but I don't really care about why. I guess it's slightly experimental and has a different sound but it's not too out there.
I also thought Villains was great.

So much this. None of my friends agree with me, they all love Villains.

One of the things that I like the most about QOTSA is that they never do the same album twice which is rare for a rock band with mainstream appeal. Especially comparing them to some their contemporaries like Foo Fighters who have been making the same album for like 15 years.

>greatest album of their entire career
AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Rated R is completely front loaded. The chorus on Monsters in the Parasol is awkward and tacked on and Quick and to the Pointless and Lightning Song have always been nothing more than filler to me. Otherwise it's a pretty damn good album. It's one of their weakest for me but that's because the have a really strong discography.

This album fucking sucks.

They didn’t know how good their last album was

Well yeah that’s what it was, their best album ever.

every band I have ever liked became shitty after their 2nd or 3rd album except for this band

This. All of their albums explore a different sound and theme. And they are all great.

>Josh will never write you a song, sing it for you while he holds you in his arms until you fall asleep.

>Vista Chino is an American rock band, formed in 2010 by vocalist John Garcia, drummer Brant Bjork and bassist Nick Oliveri, all previously members of Kyuss (active 1987-1995), along with guitarist Bruno Fevery. The band formed under the name Kyuss Lives! as a short-lived venture touring the music of the original Kyuss, with a line-up excluding Josh Homme.[3] In 2012, the band announced plans to continue touring indefinitely and begin work on a studio album using the Kyuss Lives! moniker. However, a lawsuit by fellow Kyuss members Josh Homme and Scott Reeder prohibited use of the Kyuss Lives! moniker for recordings, prompting the band to rename themselves Vista Chino.

What the fuck is his problem?

I used to like them back in the SotD days but they're just too juvenile for me now. Once in a while I come back for some Era Vulgaris feels but that's about it.

queens has one of the most consistent discographies of any rock band ive heard, contemporary or otherwise