youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3GA6dazTA
youtube.com/watch?v=CtFSL3sMFQw
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

I think you mean Peter

SHE CALLS OUT TO THE MAN ON THE STREET

Is Phil, dare I say it, /ourguy/?

i completely ignore any phil collins or genesis after 1980

youtube.com/watch?v=4ZnP6eq9kcM

Because he was scapegoated for ruining Genesis. It was actually Tony Banks.

>ruins genesis
>consistently bashes peter
>decent drummer
Yeah, why does he get so much hate?

His debut solo album is the only good album he's made. The rest of his solo work has 2 or 3 good songs. Also, Genesis - Three Sides Live is an excellent album.

youtube.com/watch?v=CEaj6J_ku48

Banks ruined Genesis,not Phil

He basically invented that 80s drum sound that rockists hate

Because he was ugly and he wasn't cool and he was EVERYWHERE. It doesn't matter if he wrote the best songs in the world, you'd start hating anyone with that level of overexposure. Hell, look at how much hate Paul McCartney got.

Because he saw someone drowning and didn't lend a hand.

>He didn't ruin genesis. It was banks and rutherford that ruined genesis, rutherford and banks were the ones objecting to playing old peter tracks like supper's ready, collins wanted to play them + duke is the 3rd best genesis album and great pop
>listen to nuclear burn by brand x and tell me he's a bad drummer

I guess I understand the hate for later genesis, I used to hate them too.. But props to phil for experimenting. how is it 'progresssive' to stick to the same old art rock thing and incorporate new technologies and sounds? Even Yes developed a more commercial sound in the 80s.

The guy wrote the worst, most saccharine MOR garbage ever made and it was horribly, horribly played to death to the point of being sickening.

That's not how you use meme arrows, dummy.

Lol and even peter gabriel adopted the use of new technology and pop sound with his solo albums. If anything Genesis would have eventually entered pop territory Peter or not

Because South Park told you to hate.

Don't forget.
>qt skelly daughter

Phil Collins is actually one of the greatest live performers in the world. He was perceived as cocky, and he was a little overexposed at the time, but he had a fantastic voice, and was a true patrician. The sound of the drumming on his solo albums was inspired by PIL's Flowers of Romance album. And he played on Brian Eno albums, like Another Green World.

youtube.com/watch?v=zZ3GA6dazTA
youtube.com/watch?v=CtFSL3sMFQw

so ed sheeran before ed sheeran?

Ed Sheeran wishes he had a voice half as good as Phil's. Also Phil wrote some pretty dark songs at times, Ed Sheeran writes fluffy garbage exclusively.