Arrival

>"Abbot is death process"

Probably one of the better movies this year
Also better than Interstellar

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=IKeJe6XawHc
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Just saw this about an hour ago. It was bretty gud, I think.

nice spoilers faggot, why ruin the movie for people?

This. First thing I said after it finished was "wow, they did time travel without taking themselves too seriously like interstellar

But it wasn't time travel, rather the perception of time and determinism.

Pretty decent movie until the very end.

"The craziest part of all this was meeting you"
Oh ya Hawkeye howbout them giant fucking 7 footed aliens how bout them huh

Yeah honestly why the fuck would they include this line it's just pure cheese.

Some instances of pure cheese, yeah

That was another slight issue I had. Being able to "see" the future alone would inherently cause you to change your actions and therefore change that future you saw into.

JUST

Short story was better. The movie Hollywoodized the fuck out of it.

Why was abbot death process? I don't know if I missed something but that seemed to come out of nowhere. Was it supposed to be because of the explosion?

>you will never hang out with gigantic squid lads in their vapor-filled wonderland

i can't go on

Yes it might have had something to do with the fucking C4 the soldiers blew up on the ship, retard.
Abbott sacrificed himself to save Louise, Costello stayed back so that he could give her the 'weapon'.

Abbott was such a bro

It didn't actually show the alien being injured though did it? I remember everything getting pushed back and the ship tilting but it wasn't clear to me that the alien's were affected by the blast.

It wasn't immediately clear until her conversation with Costello. You do see Abbott flip the gravity and close a door to the ship to shield Louise and Ian from the blast. I thought he might have been unaffected, but the glass was probably just that: glass (or a material similar to it).
It wasn't there for the aliens' protection. It was probably only there to make the humans feel more comfortable around them.

>ywn learn a langauge that allows you to transpose time and feel love forever

Same brosef

>change your actions
>implying free will exists

Abbot was a top lad tbqh

>Abbot tried "speaking" human language by pointing out the bomb

Would have a drink with

But you couldn't though.
Your version of the future is yours and it is inevitable. Even if you did try to change things, you'd still end up at that same endpoint eventually.

Take the scene with the chinese general with Adams using her future memories to learn the code phrase. What would stop her from getting that information from her memory but then intentionally saying something different on the phone line in the present time of the movie?

FUCK I didn't even think about that.

memes

The whole buildup to the introduction with the ayys was top tier. The shot of the fog coming over the mountains, Louise and Ian experiencing anti gravity. That soundtrack too.
youtube.com/watch?v=IKeJe6XawHc

>having this revelation

>when she sees how big the aliens really are

great scene. great movie. i can just imagine a shitty blockbuster version of this film where we cut to all the different cities where the generals are scrambling and there's this american scientist who cracked their language but no one believes him etc etc

are the heptabros our guys?

> for you

Dont forget his hot sexy british partner

>abbot knew he had to stay to save the humans and die in the process

>death process implies he knew, will know, and has happened

Yea, they also trusted us enough to want us in 3000 years