Bands that did grunge better than Nirvana

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=8gA5MYU85Ow
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Alice In Chains too

none

All of them

Alice in Chains is debatable but definitely not Soundgarden.

I mean, really, Nirvana is the epitome of grunge.

Nirvana is shit m8.
SG and AIC are two of the best rock bands of all time.

/thread

Soundgarden's songwriting isn't nearly as strong as Nirvana's. Just because a band defined a sound and broke out into wide commercial success doesn't mean you should feel forced to dislike them for cred.

Soundgarden doesnt even sound that much like Nirvana to me

Nirvanas songwriting is 3 powerchords in a verse/chorus/verse structure, basic bitch shit, no more interesting than Green Day.
SG were far more adventurous in style, dynamics, structure, color, harmony, etc. Not to mention having a far superior singer.

I would go as far as to say Chris Cornell is one of the best singers in rock history. He has a huge range and very few are as intense

Songwriting isn't measured in complexity. Chris Cornell has a great voice with not nearly the draw or recognizability as Kurt Cobain's. If we're talking vocal ability, not even Chris Cornell holds the title of best in grunge.

Let's be real here, Cobain's lyrics are much better than anything Soundgarden has produced

Grunge doesn't exist.
Nirvana is alt punk rock
Alice in Chains and Soundgarden are alt-metal
Pearl Jam is rock

>He has a huge range and very few are as intense
Eddie Vedder has a better range and Layne Staley is more intense and that's just sticking to the subgenre.

Lyrics: Nirvana>>Soundgarden>>>>>>>>>>>AiC
Instrumentation: Soundgarden >> Nirvana = AiC
Vocalist: All the same in quality

Pearl Jam hands down

They are a definite contender

From what I saw when I went to one of their shows, Ed Vedder was so drunk that whenever he was talking and not singing, he was completely unintelligible.

What are some bands that sound the same as Nirvana both lyrically and instrumentally?

Nirvana

lol

pixies

>color

what did he mean by this

"Grunge" definitely applies to some bands, Mudhoney being about the purest example, but applied to Soundgarden, especially at this point, it's a bunch of fashion marketing industry horseshit that really has fuck all to do with their music. Not that it's not a great album, but it's a fairly ridiculous application of "grunge" as a musical genre. As far as I knew they fucking hated it. They had more to do with Zeppelin than Bleach.

nirvana is honestly the best grunge band.

Someone playing the spoons is better than Nirvana

>he doesn't know what tone color is

But Superunknown isn't a grunge album.

Alice in Chains is one of the greatest bands of all time. Nirvana is a brand.

No one beats Nirvana at grunge.

/thread

Fuck off soyboy Nirvana is pissweak

meanwhile the san franciscans

Hi, I just got here, and I haven't read anything yet.

Has anyone reiterated that "grunge" is not a sound?

Literally retarded.

Correct; we have a winner!

Bush
Silverchair

Chris had a better range than Vedder, you can't just present your daft opinion as a principled fact, retard. There is an objective truth that has been documented.

youtube.com/watch?v=8gA5MYU85Ow

didnt you just do the same moron

fuck foo fighters

Not a SG fan at all, BUT, I do have to say that Chris earned huge cred with me when he sang co lead on a song by Alice Cooper called "Stolen Prayer" I love Alice, but Cornell's voice makes that song...period.

t. r/hiphop heads

Please stop having opinions.

easy

Soundgarden > Nirvana > Alice in Chains >>>>>>>>>>>> Pearl Jam

Their first album is good though.

only good post ITT

Staley's Alice in Chains.
That's it. Nothing else beats Nirvana.

Also Audioslave > Soundgarden

>Also Audioslave > Soundgarden
yuck
>Eddie Vedder has a better range
Chris went as low as Eddie but hit much higher notes, Eddie only had that tone and a high volume of yelling. How are you even arguing this?

Nirvana had a distinct sound that made them one of a kind. Nothing really comes close; that's why they're so great and still talked about to this day.

Grunge may be a sound but it's not Nirvana's, they were much more punk influenced than any of the other bands of the early 90s Seattle grunge scene

What the fuck man, he had kids. Jesus Christ.

That the best grunge album

Local H - As Good As Dead

>Chris Cornell
>IS