Is capital punishment wrong?

Is capital punishment wrong?

Attached: 9CD88620-E02A-4B64-A52F-FB5615B48BA6.jpg (1280x720, 87K)

Other urls found in this thread:

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/14/oklahoma-says-it-will-begin-using-nitrogen-for-all-executions-in-an-unprecedented-move/?utm_term=.59d3ac5242df
crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/810998
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

No

Considering in our constitution you have the right to life I would say yes it is.

Attached: but-thats-none-of-my-business.jpg (607x340, 41K)

So do others. Chances are your on the death list since you took the right to live away from others, therefore forfeiting yours.

It's how possibly innocent people are sent to the chair that's wrong. But if someone does something horrible and is proven guilty without the shadow of a doubt then getting society rid of that sucker is perfectly fine.

Yes because people being falsely accused and receiving Capitol punishment is a real possibility and it has happened. It’s also really expensive bc I have to kill them “humanely” so it’s not like you can just starve them. The methods cost a lot and prolly way more then just leaving them in the slammer for a while.

No but it should be used after rehabilitation fails. Some can be rehabilitated and some are lost causes but I think we should at least try before we kill them.

No it is not.

>Is capital punishment wrong?
no
but I am opposed to capital punishment in my state
because the state is killing some one in my name
and if some one is going to be killed in my name then I want to make the judgement on whether they deserve death and kill them myself

I'm ok with it, on the condition that witnesses or police giving false statements can be executed too.
This forces everyone involved to be honest.

Yes. There's no rational reason for it. Capital punishment costs more money than lifetime in prison, it does more harm, it serves no rational purpose beyond base vengeance, which most of the victims don't even want.

Ending human lives should never be a goal; these people can be employed in any manner of ways.

what country are you from
because the only constitutions I've read that explicitly name the individual right to life are the soviet and PRC constitutions
which also say that no individual right can be exercised if it would interfere with the needs of the state

It's wrong and nothing to be celebrated.
But there has to be a deterrent for mass murder or serial killing.

Being "for" execution is like saying you are "for" leg amputation. In some cases it has to be done, but not for silly ideas like "justice" or "revenge".

That's a stupid opinion.

>Capitol punishment

This is the only crime that deserves capital punishment.

Death sentence yes, the only rightful punishment would be excil on an isolated island, because they clearly don't want to be in that society.

Roll the car further.

Attached: a6b8548b02ac337489bbf5ac95ebcea4.gif (728x90, 254K)

really? Is that so?

I would say no, if you are willing to take a life then you are willing to give your own, however it has to be that the person had decided to go kill. That includes drink drivers and anyone speeding in a vehicle.

But I will say that the current system of having to have multiple people press a button so nobody knows who pushed the real button is bullshit, if a judge has deemed someone has to die then that judge should push the button also.

Ya and na, I’m on board with capital punishment as long as the appeals process is speed up. Sentencing a guy to death row ends up costing tax payers more than life in prison in most cases. Also it needs to be some really crazy shit for it to be considered. One dude without a record killing someone else in the heat of a situation shouldn’t get it, but a convicted terrorist or mass muderer that doesn’t even pretend to be remorseful should

It's dumb that they still use lethal injection when it has a chance of failure and causing horrible agony, when there are much cheaper, simpler and better methods like putting them to sleep and then cutting off the head with guillotine and such.

couldn't they just draw blood until they die?

Why not just allow to use them in scientific experiments. I bet with that medicine and other would make progress way faster.

That could work too. Or just putting a bag around the head, sucking out the air and letting them suffocate.
You don't feel anything under general anesthesia, and either methods are guaranteed to kill you in like 3 minutes, even if everything goes wrong you don't suffer for an hour like with poison injections.

>That includes drink drivers and anyone speeding in a vehicle.

oh you, aren't you so precious :P

Attached: 730.jpg (640x454, 119K)

Because fuck the victim and the agony potentially they went through?

No, not punishing people who deserve it is wrong

How could the state take away your rights if they can be taken away then they are not rights?

If they can take away your rights for personal freedom (ie. get imprisoned) then they can take away your right to live. It's the same thing.

english translations of both are online
the soviet one didn't make rights optional until the 1950s
but both have roughly 30 individual rights spelled out

This why is it illegal to kill yourself? Because its illegal to destroy government property.

Oklahoma is bring back the gas chamber

washingtonpost.com/news/post-nation/wp/2018/03/14/oklahoma-says-it-will-begin-using-nitrogen-for-all-executions-in-an-unprecedented-move/?utm_term=.59d3ac5242df

Normally, I'd say yes
In this instance...I agree with this user, but only because I like the way it's being implemented.
Strap em down and roll the dice I say, if it's wrong to want to watch a botched execution, I don't want to be right

It's not wrong I guess but the better solution would be to put people on death row without giving them an execution date then one day take them out and lock them in solitary forever so that a) they have to worry everyday might be their last b)don't actually get the sweet embrace of death c)go into worst condition to maintain the illusion so that other's still fear a).

lol nigga have u ever hera of the bloody code lol it didnt work so great

Yes. The ends do not justify the means.

Why someone who is drinking and decides to drive home and kills someone en route should pay the ultimate price. Their choice to drive home in that state, not only illegal but dangerous. If countries started executing those who do this, drink driving will not be so popular.

As for speeding, again choice of the driver to speed, and if someone dies to their reckless driving they too should pay the ultimate price.

So from the way you responded it is clear that you are either a prolific speeder or someone who drives under the influence. Which means you are scum for doing that if you do.

Oklahoma number 1! Woop woop!

Exactly to let yourself get caught and get imprisoned is the moment you realize there never was freedom in the first place enjoy your fema camps.

Personally, I want a firing squad if I had to choose.

moar pics like in op tia

yes. Only brain dead savage country does it.

So what do you propose against murderers and other criminals? Let people solve it among themselves? Let lynching commence? What if they get the wrong guy?

Commit a murder in Utah then, that’s the only state that allows firing squad.

No actually don’t commit a murder in Utah. Don't do it at all, lol

>As for speeding, again choice of the driver to speed, and if someone dies to their reckless driving they too should pay the ultimate price.
except that speeding does not cause accidents
it only increases the damage if an accident occurs

what if the person not speeding does the thing that causes the accident
the accident is only fatal because of the speed
and the person not speeding dies?
should the speeder die for being the victim of a reckless driver?

Yeah drunk driving is inexcusable. I'm sick of the braindead fucks speeding, driving aggressively, and driving distracted.

If you take a life doing one of these you don't deserve life.

It's rather pointless.

No murder is going to be deterred by capital punishment vs life in prison.

It cost way more to prosecute a capital case.

It takes way longer and involves more appeals.

So it is easier, faster, and cheaper to convict and incarcerate someone for life than to pursue capital punishment.

Agreed.

Killing people is wrong and should be avoided at all costs. Revenge-style justice is beyond fucked and definitely should not be the role of the government. The role of government to ensure safety and prosperity for all its members. Sometimes people do horrible things but we should not stoop to their level lest we become monsters.

word

>It is not the severity of the punishment that counts, it is it's certainty.

Arguing about life-imprisonment vs. execution is for fools, the real issue that must be addressed is how fucking unreliable the criminal-justice system is.

Pretty much this

No. Thought it depends on the crime.
However, I'm also of the opinion that it's an easy way out.
That you could just as easily force someone sentenced to death to just work 7 days a week 16 hours a day on minimal rations for a more beneficial result for society.

yea i'd say so

i think the executioners must be fucked up to do that as their job too

Some crimes warrant it, but the problem is in giving the state the power to murder people.

The right to life is a natural right, not a constitutional right.

10th amendment retard

the person that was killed had a responsibility to defend their self and they didn't. Just as the person that was incarcerated will have the ability to defend them selves when the time comes.

Attached: free market.jpg (500x500, 50K)

Why? They’re carrying out the sentence of the government on the accused and just press 1 button then toxic chemicals get pumped into someone. Why is that fucked up? I’d do it

So the right to own guns is a natural right too?

Holy shit you are a certified retard.

Causing an accident by not speeding is still causing an accident due to recklessness. In your fuck retarded hypothetical both parties are at fault because speeding IS reckless and DOES cause accidents just like not speeding.

In short slow down you impatient piece of shit or leave sooner.

Anarchists are retarded. Should your grandma also defend herself from nigger rapists and its her fault for being too weak if she can't?

>speeding [...] DOES cause accidents
how about providing a single accident report where excess speed is cited as the primary cause of the accident

Maybe you should take a little time to find out what The Constitution is and what is says before you go invoking it.

You fucking imbecile

Attached: retardpost.gif (94x125, 7K)

Speeding doesn't cause accidents you say? Speeding into a back of a car or into the side of a car, losing control going to fast in hazardous conditions etc? They don't cause accidents?

I think you are not thinking clearly. If you believe speeding doesn't.

However accidents isn't the issue here, the point is speeding can and do cause deaths.

As for causing an accident when not speeding the chance of someone dying is substantially lower in this scenario. And an accident at low speeds could be due to negligence or just a random accident.

Your Goddamn right she should. Her heater is all shes got left sense popop passed and she sure knows how to use it.

Attached: 484719873.jpg (750x592, 35K)

Wow. I'm a US fag so I wasn't aware of that. Still standing by my post, as I'm referring to current day crimes in 'murrica....

Speeding doesn't cause accidents

Someone who clearly doesn't understand how the world works.

Let's do both here: I hop in a car to speed 90 mph while drunk. I return to wherever I'm going, safely. This happens hundreds of thousands of times each day. An action (that you term scummy) that is not intended to specifically kill anyone.

Contrast this with: I shoot someone in the head and chest because I hate them. I am specifically trying to kill that person. Because I hate them. I perform the actions to kill that person, those actions had no other intention other than to kill that person, and that person dies.

Now flip this the other way. You seem to have an issue with what you call scum, and you want them dead. You are performing an action that, if you had the power and authority, would get them dead. This is called premeditated murder.

Then clearly you are an idiot.

crashstats.nhtsa.dot.gov/Api/Public/ViewPublication/810998

Enjoy the read.

How about using common sense?

Going faster than the posted speed limit while everyone else is following the rules won't cause problems? Quit making excuses for your shitty behavior and grow the fuck up nigger.

Y'know there's a separate charge called reckless driving, if you'd based your point on that it'd make more sense

Fuck off

Attached: acd66a61ebc699ff2e388.jpg (400x650, 49K)

The fact you think the first scenario drinking driving at 90mph is ok, shows you have no clue how the world works.

This was from a re-enactment. Wanna make an argument ? Use legit sources

Countries that still have capital punishment

>lots of African nigger countries
>lots of sandnigger countries
>USA

Agreed. If you serve life / kill again or w/e then it can be considered

>because photography is allowed in execution chambers

IT'S NOT OK.
it's just not an action deserving of the death penalty!

Fucking black and white thinker.
Everything wrong should be punished with death?

It's not wrong. It's just stupid. With how much the cops fuck up investigations and sometimes just makes shit up, why would anyone trust the state to make such an irreversibly bad potential mistake.

>Is capital punishment wrong?
Wrong only for lower cases.

This is now a grandma with guns thread.

Attached: feEYbtD.jpg (1097x1280, 171K)

Attached: CiF7EbaWwAAif8Y.jpg (500x386, 24K)

retard

REEEEEE tard

Attached: grandmaak47.jpg (600x315, 56K)

Attached: grandma-cookie.jpg (409x591, 69K)

not braking is the primary cause the first three and the conditions themselves are the primary cause in the last
but the speed is not the primary cause

>the point is speeding can and do cause deaths
you're wrong
but for the sake of arguement lets say you're right
now lets go back to the example I gave
the person that died is just as at fault for his own death as the speeder
does the speeder deserve to die because someone else caused their own death?

then why does Germany's autobahn, which has very few areas with any speed limit at all and those few are higher than the US speed limit, have lower rates of accident per mile driven and lower fatality per accident?
protip every study done agrees that it is bc Germany punishes drivers for doing things that causes accidents while ignoring speed and the US punishes drivers for speed while largely ignoring driving behaviors that cause accidents

Attached: God bless America.jpg (500x603, 48K)

Mostly yes, but it should be a thing in extreme cases where there is no doubt about who committed the crime, such as school shooting, act of terrorism and such where there are multiple eye witnesses, video footage from multiple angles showing the act and the face of the victim. The penalty should also be swiftly delivered, with in week or two.

Attached: 88b9185bea80449ebfaf3dcf82be7e3c_A.jpg (452x472, 29K)

Attached: tyr976807to.jpg (1280x720, 142K)

better than wasting millions of dollars to keep someone caged for their entire life

i think we should just drop them off on the west coast of africa

It actually costs more money more often than not to sentence some someone to the death row. Many years of appeals and costly execution methods cause that

Attached: 5150e25b23d12.image.jpg (620x423, 62K)

Attached: 587b475804a4f1e151e7b880ed0b016b_600.jpg (600x410, 36K)

Attached: i5d79t.jpg (1599x1066, 88K)

Happened already.
Liberia.
How we got fucking Ebola, as these jigaboos like to kiss their dead bodies.

No capital [punishment is justice and should painful and public to act as a deterrent. potentially a nice money spinner, pay to view and maybe a week long telephone vote for method, you know boiling, skinning organ harvesting without anesthetic, that kind of thing, the box office revenue would be huge

Attached: y7ot087oy.jpg (1280x720, 191K)

In my opinion, the moment you infringe on another's "right to life" you forfeit your own.