Anyone else prefer VHS to modern day media formats?

Anyone else prefer VHS to modern day media formats?

I actually think the quality looks better than Blu-ray or whatever. I never even upgraded to DVDs and I've been fine so far.

I think all this "high-def" stuff is a bunch of horseshit. Thoughts?

I wouldn't agree with it being better quality, but I do agree there's some sort of "comfy" when it comes to VHS.

I like 4:3 ratio, and VHS is the perfect format for it.

What I don't like however is that it's starting to become synonymous with the garbage fad of neo-80's revival and synthwave. It completely undermines the whole era of the VHS when VHS tapes were manufactured up until 2006.

i prefer the nostalgia of vhs. i was once a child with no worries. only problems i had were my shitty parents warping my stupid animal brain.

Paraphrasing op's post:
Anyone else an uninformed jackass like me? I prefer a format that is not only inferior today but was inferior even at the point it was most relevant

Those 1080i Digital vhs where absolute magic shame I never got too see one in the flesh. Normal vhs however was complete junk. Betamax and cd/dvd crapped all over it.

Never saw laserdisc or any other formats either but techmaons captures looked like rubbish so I can assume that ld was also crap.

(you)

They were called D-VHS, and hardly anything even used them in the commercial market.

Laserdisc is crap.

omg totally, OP

Is that a betamax deck?

Retard

I geek out over vintage electronics myself, but vhs is an inferior format to digital. I'm an old fuck, and wore plenty of vhs and cassette tapes out. Tape gets warbly and wears out after a while, and is prone to magnetic damage. DVD and Bluray looks great and there is no loss in quality if you play the same disk over and over again.

That's what I said Digital vhs.

Shame physical media died as blue ray had fantastic quality but retail and region lock are a pita. The average x265 reencode matches it anyway

VHS was only acceptable because TVs were such low resolution that you couldn't tell how bad it was.

Pic related is VHS vs DVD vs Blu-Ray. VHS is noticeably inferior

>you will never experience the worry of having to rewind a VHS and return it on time to avoid fees

>he didn't just leave it running until the tape hit the end so it auto rewinds

Here we have Independence Day, VHS vs DVD vs Bluray

No, Betamax tapes are smaller than that.
t. former Betamax user

For scenes/films with less detail sometimes VHS quality can sort of add an illusion of detail and make things look slightly more interesting.

But otherwise not really. I hated not being able to read some shit or make out certain details when VHS was all I had, and while I don't hate it and still own old tapes etc. I'm glad there are other options out there.

As far as actually watching something hell no outside of old bootleg fansubbed anime. That being said I'm fascinated by the format itself along with other video formats.

>omg graphix r da best xDD

Are you not doing exactly the same thing you fool

man the fuckin film isn't exactly intended to be seen in only vhs quality

not really comparable to shitting on nes games or whatever solely because of graphics

fuck graphics we want higher frame rates, watching in 24 fps is RETARDED

More like current betamax himself lmaooooooooo