Do you listen to Modest Mouse? If so, what's your favorite album and/or song?

Do you listen to Modest Mouse? If so, what's your favorite album and/or song?

LCW but I'm getting into all the old stuff now

Favorite song: hard to pick but if I had to it would probably be Trailer Trash.
Favorite album: definitely Long Drive

At the risk of being called a pleb, Good News For People Who Love Bad News

Album: Lonesome Crowded West as a complete album though Moon and Antarctica has some slightly better individual songs imo.
Song: Dramamine

favorite song: talking shit about a pretty sunset
favorite album: the moon and Antarctica

Album: Good News
Song: I've Got It All Most

I love LCW as much as the next guy but No One's First is very underrated

Lonesome Crowded West was probably their best. They peaked pretty bad at the Moon and Antarctica. As far as songs, it's odd but, The Good Times are Killing Me always hit me so god damn hard. Dramamine and Heart Cooks Brain are also very close to taking it for me though.
I thought that King Rat was a beautiful attempt at trying to do something different while still maintaining that distant image they love to have, but that EP was not as great in general.
People as Places was also a very strong song, but again, not one that really had other songs to back it up.
Honestly, We Were Dead wasn't awful, it just kind of felt like they were trying to recover from the sell out that was Good News.

Album: long drive
Song: lounge

Album: Lonesome Crowded West
Song: Its either Teeth Like God’s Shoeshine, Beach Side Property, or Dark Center Of The Universe. Impossible to pick

Saw em on the 1st, great show. My favorite MM song is probably life like weeds. Favorite album would go to TM&A or long drive. That's a good one you have there, whale song is one of the most underrated MM songs by far

Yes I went thru a massive phase a couple years ago but I'd say my favorite album is either LCW or Building Nothing, fav song would be Doin the Cockroach

Amazing band, absolutely love them. Was pretty disappointed after Strangers (I even really enjoyed good News and We Were Dead,) but I haven't listened to it in like two years, so maybe I ought to give it another chance.
Anyway, favorite album would have to be Long Drive. I can't pick a favorite track, there are just so many good ones. I guess some favorites would be Workin' On Leavin' the Livin', Make Everyone Happy/Mechanical Birds, and Life Like Weeds.

Anyone have any tracks that they feel like are massively underrated? Some I think are underrated are Exit Does Not Exist, Invisible, and Head South.

Nah, you're right, man. Underrated album all-around.

That + 'Everywhere and his nasty parlour tricks' EP are my favorite MM releases by far.

So much beauty in dirt is maybe my favorite song of all time. Grey ice water is pretty nice too. Listen to their entire discography starting from the beginning and ignoring their latest album.

Favorite song: Edit the Sad Parts
Favorite album: Lonesome Crowded West

Album is definitely Long Drive
Song would probably be Custom Concern, Beach Side Property, or Teeth Like God's Shoeshine

Long Drive always reminds me of driving around late at night with my friends in my old hometown, it's nostalgic but not necessarily sad. Modest Mouse is awesome

My favorite record of them is Lonesome Crowded West, then Long Drive, then The Moon, rest of their studio album are meh...
Favorite song, probably The Stars Are Projectors, but Lounge (Closing Time), Other People Life's, Cowboy Dan and Teeth Like God's Sunshine are close.
My fav EP is The Fruit That Ate Itself, not sure why the fans, critics and the band itself dislike it, I seriously think is their best EP.

Interstate 8
Paper Thin Walls

I like everything except their newest, but even that has its moments really.

>Favourite song: Talkin' Shit About a Pretty Sunset.
>Favourite album: Building Nothing Out of Something.

Are there any places where the ocean actually looks like that? You just want to drink it up with a straw its so sweet-looking.