The day the music Died

Arguably the 1950s was the last time music had innocence. Everything after was downhill. Id take bob crosby, marty robbins, johnny horton, and buddy holly over any music past them. RIP

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=fd3qXfF7hqE
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>some soyboys died in the 50's
who cares

me :(

My favourite years for music are the mid 50's through the mid 60's, so I mostly agree.

50s sucked ass because that's when guitar based music started to gain some real traction.

>mfw this comment

delta blues was never popular, assbreath.

2011 = R.I.P. music goodbye...

Marty Robbin's second death is upon us.

you suck ass

The guitar was used in literally every popular style of music except jazz

Literally hearing the last vinyl record I'll probably ever hear played on air right now, the station that would play them dies tomorrow

Samefagging real quick to say, DJ is currently literally switching between records, old school style.
I have too much misplaced nostalgia for someone in their 20s.

Shit for brains detected

t. soy boy soundcloud cuck

>except jazz

Name one (1) popular act beside Nat King Cole who promenetly features guitar

herbie hancock

When will the era of hip-hop die? What will replace it?

Bill Evans played with Jim Hall on a few albums, Sonny Roll had Barney Kessel, the list goes on
Some jazz guitarists are Grant Green, Joe Pass, Wes Montgomery, Django Reinhardt

in the 40s guitar was associated with cowboy songs like Don't Fence Me In or Ghost Riders In The Sky. Most pop instrumentation was denatured "swing" and most R&B featured sax or piano as leads. guitar was just a member of the rhythm section.
Not sure why the Chuck Berry model of guitar in front is worse than either of these however. Using a rhythm instrument as a lead, plus a prominent backbeat, is what made rock "rock", basically.

>Born in the wrong generation

Oh shit really? That blows.

also... chuck berry riff stolen from louis jordan: youtube.com/watch?v=fd3qXfF7hqE

As someone who plays guitar, its an awful instrument that enables way too many hacks

>The guitar was used in literally every popular style of music except jazz

No Jim Reeves? Makes me sad...

>died
>not lived for the first time

nat king cole/sinatra were pop artists
holy fuck