55chan.org/mu/src/1510710391552-0.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1510710391552-1.ogg
youtube.com/watch?v=8dLZHbYETfw
affedis.com/articles/altered-tunings-in-flamenco-guitar/
youtube.com/watch?v=otO7Dq_ecJY
youtube.com/watch?v=vEImnBFCc0k
youtube.com/watch?v=dn1JEmrQ3Ag
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I wanted a Yamaha revstar since they came out but I played a few and was so dissapointed in the neck. It doesn’t improve until after the 5xx series either, which after the have god awful colors. Even the baby blue paint turned out to have a glittery finish like why?

What else should I look at for better necks but same idea? Simple, just beside the norm, neck that plays well (like a gretsch or hagstrom maybe). Single coils welcome

Most evil 12 string headstock ever!

The RS502T doesn't look so bad as long as it's the dark green. If they had thrown on the brushed nickle pickup covers, it would be hard to resist. How about the Hagstrom Pat Smear sig? A bit more attitude being an SG clone.

I could only find one photo of the BC Rich Gunslinger. (I didn't follow up on the name. Too tired.)

R8 my rig

Gay or possibly just Italian/10

>intonation
>string gauge tension/ action calculation

These are just so ugly its unforgivable

>Truss rod adjustment

hey /gg/ what can i use the preamp out on my combo amp, i wanna record it on my usb soundcard w/o a mic do i have to use some sort of shitty speaker sim?
>when drop-d actually skullfucks intonation

Yo, I'm learning bass but the music that i want to play and write is mostly in alternate tunings. How long should I wait to start learning different tunings? After I've got my knowledge of the standard EADG tuning down or should I just take a pragmatic approach?

Are Tyler guitars worth the money?

you don't need to change the tuning for bass dipshit
if you need to go lower than E get a 5 string bass

non didactive, you could use a spoon as a pick and be used to it

so what about songs that are in C#G#C#F#?

Is there a resource somewhere for me to read about more fringe brands? For example I don't know shit about Ibanez or where they produce their shit or what the line is between a nice one and a shit one.

I am looking for bang-for-my-buck regardless of brand in the ~600 range and I have no idea where to look. Am I safe just playing a shitload of guitars in that price range at my lms and buying the one I like the most?

those do exist

indonesia actually have nice guitars, buy guitars that turn you on, a free tanglewood can be as nice as a martin, stradivarius stuff were considered off-brand once
frog

I disagree. Cheaper to produce, therefore lower quality and cheaper labour.

No, they cost you your dignity.

Indonesia is china tier

How good are these for gigging?

They're good for anything. They're great guitars

I still love this.

Poor ol' Roman.

Call an exterminator.

Do you really think that Indonesian guitars can compete with American, Japanese and Mexican guitars? GET OUTTA HERE

>tfw pull with the thumb when doing E/Em bar chords and tense the whole hand while playing lead

the line out distortion will sound buzzy and you'll have to use some cab sim if you want it to sound like regular distortion

>lil peeps death>the entirely of everything anyone's done with a guitar in the last 15 years
you all know it's true

I know it's NOT true

does it sound boring? vocaroo.com/i/s03q0JruiJbE

hip hop is for musicians that don't have talent but can speak in a basic 4/4 rhythm
they're not even singing, and when they're required to actually sing most of them need autotune because they're completely tone deaf
lil pee was a talentless xanax abuser. good riddance.

Took the knobs off a guitar I got on craigslist and they're super dingy and dirty looking.

They're plastic and they've got the Fender painted lettering on em. How can I clean them without stripping the paint off?

anyone can go from tone deaf to singer in one year

soap and water first
hard scrubbing w/ washcloth
if that doesn't get into it look into a usable solvent. common solvents are alcohol, toluene, vinegar/acetic acid, etc. water is technically a solvent too, but it's not as likely to strip the paint off as a harder solvent. vinegar shouldn't be too abrasive. you can dilute an acidic/basic solvent with water to tame it a little.
yeah, that's true, but i feel like the average lazy hip hop musician never needs to, because they can scrape by with good backing music and "sick bars" or whatever
if i'm being honest it's not that different from guitar. once you learn how to stay in key and learn a few flashy licks you can pretty much stop progressing and rest on that and the average person will still think you're "good"

idk about its quality but damn that's one ugly headstock

Can i get some advice from someone who plays bass?

Sick. I have an old toothbrush that I can use to scrub em so I'll try that first thing. Thanks.
Also there's a lot of talentless hip hop out there but it's no different from any other genre. Working on your flow and your voice is as much a musical skill as any other

it's possible i'm just bitter because i don't have a singing voice
anyway i'm glad you could help with your cleaning issues

To be honest I don't think I do either but I think it's less about your voice and more about how you use it
There are plenty of singers who are famous for having really genuinely unattractive voices but who make it work anyway (Jeff Mangum, Bob Dylan, Tom Waits, etc) through their personality and style
At least that's what I tell myself to feel better about it

>How good are these for gigging?
What kind of question is this really?

youtube.com/watch?v=cUPVLs6dWrA

youtube.com/watch?v=CnwVzcPk8e4

my nasty problem is my voice cracks in lower and upper midrange, leaving me stuck to bass vocals, or basically the most gravelly bob-dylan shit ever by catching it as it breaks up and using it. but then i'm basically stuck to that range because if i change registers i have to be careful or when i go back to mid-range gravelly voice i risk letting out a nice sharp middle school voice squeak.
that's why i don't do vocals live, ever. it's too unpredictable and it's hard to practice on something you hate

the squeak can be cool user

is this singing general now?
55chan.org/mu/src/1510710391552-0.ogg
55chan.org/mu/src/1510710391552-1.ogg

maybe by the time i'm good enough at guitar to play and sing i'll have figured out my shitty voice
thanks for the encouragement tho
only if you also play geetarz, so your links are acceptable. not bad btw. your accent affects your singing in a distinct, but not in a bad/unintelligable way. i like the vibe of the second one a bit more, or halfway into the first or so.
if i can offer some criticism, though, when you get loud or start singing high, or try to carry a syllable on like that... you start to lose some of the harmonic quality in your voice. you know how on guitar if you want that note to ring out and sustain, you gotta give it a steady shake, right? i'm pretty sure the same principle applies.

hes not on standard tuning is he
youtube.com/watch?v=8dLZHbYETfw

it's hard to tell honestly.
maybe open G? I know that's referred to as "spanish" tuning
quick google search threw this at me:
affedis.com/articles/altered-tunings-in-flamenco-guitar/
the only way to tell is to find the piece of that video where he uses all his strings and try to recreate the notes by ear. have fun lmao

Who the fuck looks at the headstock

/gg/ posters

Everyone

The quest continues to look cool on a stage. At last open mic I tried jumping up and down while playing but it made it harder to play and obscured the melody even more. it looked ok for a while while I did this shuffle walking thing, and the long haired wig sort of helped. mostly awkward as fuck though. good thing standards are so low for those things in terms of energy...

after I take this midterm I'm gonna head over to an empty room with a large mirror and an amp and do some drugs and try to do this thing:

youtube.com/watch?v=otO7Dq_ecJY

like, look at these battleaxe wielding motherfuckers

youtube.com/watch?v=vEImnBFCc0k

Anyone got more inspiration videos? some similar aesthetic. I'm gonna watch them all and record myself.

and then I'll post it here sage

you can all feel embarrassed through the internet like you got force choked

are you che guevara

where on the internet i can find and download albums by/with this Frank Mendez guitarist
youtube.com/watch?v=CnwVzcPk8e4

Has he ever released any?

how would i know
youtube.com/watch?v=dn1JEmrQ3Ag

Well I would think the first step is finding out if there's anything to download.

didnt find shit on google

>2k17
>playing guitar

this.

I'm asking if it would be able so sound good live while also being able to handle the strain of a lot gigs

shhhh gay gay hasn't quite figured it out yet...

I'm putting a Staytrem bridge on my guitar but I dunno what height I should set it at
Should I just put it as low as it'll go and then once I have the strings on adjust it to whatever feels ok?

i'm having my fretting hand hurt and the tendons on its back to lift up randomly while doing my exercises, what is happening

How straight is your wrist when you play? Take a pic

pretty straight but gets quite angled for the lower strings

higher strings (and higher frets) - pretty streight wrist

DEATH TRIPS

why are your fingers even in that position?
what are your "exercises"?

the regular 1234 exercise and scale patterns

Here's how I keep my wrist. Try to bring your arm and neck in more towards your body. You're stretching way too much to get to the bottom strings. You want the neck to simply fall into the pocket.
Your wrist is pretty rotated here. Again, move your arm/elbow in more.

cant get it like your pic while standing unless the strap is real high

>the regular 1234 exercise
well stop the repetitive unmelodious practice and actually practice learning music.

fuck you i know my shit

Yes, but make sure your neck is straight first

I actually lowered my straps not too long ago. Are you touching the bottom of your neck or do you avoid it? Really push the neck in there.

that's why your here asking dumb questions about repetitive strain while repeatedly straining yourself for some stupid "1234" thing on an acoustic.
wow
like i said learn something usefull

It really depends on what your string gauge is and what type of music you play. A good starting point is to set the low E string to 3/32" of an inch above the 12th fret and the high E 2/32". If there's too much buzz you can raise it, and if it plays without buzz you can lower it some.

Holy hell, I thought I always wanted a telecaster, but I tried a jaguar today and everything felt way better. Any reason to keep my les paul or still lust after a tele??

like i said fuck yourself. i bet i have better musicality than you, i'm trying to improve my technique, its a separate thing dont you know

im touching the guitar body. the neck itself cant be touched on a normal playing position
just tried again and could do it like your pic.
i was trying to keep the thumb up all the time an not lift the index to fret the pinky, but it shouldnt be important

yet i'm doing 1234 pullofs on the high E string with the wrist straight and the tendons are still liftin up

>i'm trying to improve my technique
you mean your tendon popping death grip?

thats what i'm trying not do

Justinguitar has it under finger exercises. It's a warm-up thing. He also says don't just practice scales blindly, so yeah it's unmusical but there's a point.

As a rock climber I personally have it easy with finger strength and injury (it was like cheat codes for learning barre F chord) but your description of what's happening to you hurts my brain imagining it.

My advice is, find the yoga slash sports therapist people and attend their stuff. I usually do power yoga, but one week we had this substitute lady and she spent the whole hour just doing forearm/wrist and finger strengthening exercises. Sounds like exactly what you need. Don't get carpal tunnel and die!

Just for reference, I took selective androgen reuptake modifiers to improve at sports and it literally made my chords noticeably cleaner. When you're starting out, finger strength has a lot to do with it. You probably just take it for granted if you've been playing for years.

(sage)

I'm giving the advice not the one taking justins bro
I hope tendon bro gets your advice

it would take luck to get to a yoga place and they focus on forearm/wrist and finger

Invest in securities, the general long-term market trend is toward growth especially as alternative energies become cheaper and more efficient replacements for fossil fuels.

it's a plank of wood mate it can handle some moving around...

Steve Vai actually used to do this, apparently. Just play in front of a mirror and pay attention to his body movements, the way his fretting hands would move around the neck, etc.

I like the Dillinger Escape Plan approach, just go balls-to-the-wall right off the bat and never stop until the set ends. Then again, my band does fast rock so it might not go over super well at the open mic night.

>Guitar and Bass General
>general is called /gg/ not /gbg/
>every single link in the OP is to do with learning guitar
>no mention of bass at all
even in our own general bass players are being cucked

Awww, shhh, it'll be okay. Here, have some Jaco to calm down.

What would you like to talk about, friend? How's your playing over "Rhythm Changes" coming along? Still sticking to the roots of each chord or are you resolving your lines to the 3s, 5s, and 7s now? And how about that slap technique, champ? Got the muting down yet?

SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP SHUT UP

It's bass, what do you expect?

Bass technique is pretty close to guitar, and most guitar players barely take their instrument seriously. Most bass players are like cavemen compared to them.

Modern t

>(sage)
uh oh
>Global Rules
>7. Submitting false or misclassified reports, or otherwise abusing the reporting system may result in a ban. Replying to a thread stating that you've reported or "saged" it, or another post, is also not allowed.

frogposters deserve suffering