Who is better?

Who is better?

Messi

messi

Both airways pander to niggers and spics. Me personally i prefer jeep for transportation equipped with yokohama tires.

Do we need another thread?

Messi

Mbappe

for Indians, Muslims, Redditors, teenagers and smelly spics - Messi

for intellectual people who understand the game - Ronaldo

Ronaldo

muslims are actually halal fans tho
rest is right tho

If you're an American redditor who doesn't actually watch the games you'll easily identify with Messi's autism. On the other hand us Europeans who actually enjoy watching the sport beyond childish idol-worship, rate Ronaldo higher.
Btw these are facts not opinions.

I'll never understand the meme that they don't swing both ways

reminder that messi's doppleganger IS a fucking muslim

World Cup Winners
1. Pele
2. Maradona
3. Beckenbauer
4. Ronaldo
5. Zidane
6. Garrincha
7. Sir Bobby Charlton
8. Romario

Non World Cup winners
1. Messi
2. Cruyff
3. Di Stefano
4. CR7
5. Puskas
6. George Best
7. Platini
8. Eusebio
9. Van Basten
10. Zico

>intellectual

why is ronaldos dribbling a shit?

why dribble when marcelo can do it for you?

Tsu

>1 player has played 5 CL finals, won 4. The other has played 3, and won 3.
>1 player has played/won 4 CL's over the course of 9 years, w/ 2 teams from different leagues. the other has 3 finals and 3 wins, within 6 years on one team.
>1 player is 1/2 in International finals, the other is 0/4

hmmmm really makes you think, one player is the GOAT everywhere over the course of a decade, the other isn't....

this

So is Iniesta the GOAT then?

iniesta doesn't have the individual stats/perfomances to go along with the accolades, so no.

But no ones talking about iniesita????

Messi

Oh but he does.

Your criteria for deciding who is GOAT is fucking bollocks.

Yeah, Iniesta merely scored and was MOTM in all finals... WC, Euro, CL...

Why do dumb casuals like you think being a one club player is a negative?

Maldini played for Milan all his life but you never see morons say that his career was a fluke cause he never went anywhere else

because no one actually cares about rating defensive players. All the flair that comes with goal scoring is why people shill so hard for forwards.

Besides, this is a "Who is better" thread, no who is the greatest soccer player ever thread. so whos talking about maldini?

>criteria being GOAT is bollocks
>10+ CL goals for 6 straight season, Leading CL goal scorer for 5 straight seasons
>3 CL in 4 years
>only player to score in 3 finals
>all of this is "bollocks"

What does ineista have that is even a 1/10th of any of those stats on an individual level? # of passes completed? KEK
L O L at how messifags are trying to make this a "Ronaldo vs someone else" thread because he obviously is better than messi, so their only counter arguments is to bring up a completely different player to dispuate my arguments

ahahahahaha

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Fantastic post lad. Being a child is believing Messi is the GOAT. Becoming an adult is realizing Ronaldo is.

>because no one actually cares about rating defensive players.
This is what casuals think.

>vardy scored in 11 consecutive pl games
>therefore vardy is the best pl striker ever

Literally your argument. The argument of a spacker leaf.

>so their only counter arguments is to bring up a completely different player to dispuate my arguments

You set out the criteria for what makes a player GOAT hereIniesta has a better record in those things than Ronaldo. What are you not getting?

>literally your argument

""""""literally"""""" isn't my argument because i """"""literally"""""" never said that lmao.

>""""""literally"""""" putting words into my mouth to try and discredit me

you might actually be retarded

>set out the criteria of what makes one player a goat over the other, in a thread about 2 players

ftfy

>one player is the GOAT
Do you know what 'GOAT' means you fucking window-licking chink?

What.

>taking things this seriously on Sup Forums

newfags leave. the argument is about 2 players, who are both widely regarded as the greatest to play the game. so to argue that one is better than the other is initself a way of calling one the GOAT

stop being so fucking dense and stay on topic

Messi, but the fact that Ronaldo has made it a conversation is amazing. I don't think any other talent can or could do that. I think Ronaldo would have a strong case if he scored goals like he has the past few years, but had the all around game from 2007 Ronaldo.

Leafs are stupid. No one pays attention to them anywhere on Sup Forums.

>taking things this seriously on Sup Forums
Says the moose-fucker losing his rag over his stupid fucking illogical and bullshit argument.

Why did you not include league titles won, lad? Hmmmmmm

i agree with this 2bh

You're replying to a fucking leaf. Better think next time you reply to it.

Messi > Ronaldo
the eb and flow of trophies and such is due to the quality of their respective teams and the changes of said teams over time.

>Ronaldo, 5 league titles
>messi: 8 league titles, 2 of which he was comming off the bench for

"1 league babby" vs "2 league; won every trophy there is to win with both" man

hmmmmmmm

Ronaldo

>window-licking chink
Fcking kek jimmies are rustled LMAO

You know you goofed when a leaf seems reasonable compared to you hahaha

>"1 league babby" vs "2 league; won every trophy there is to win with both" man
See

So you agree that Iniesta is better than them both then?

Is Drake cumming or curling one down?

Guaranteed replies

>Messi # of international won = 0/4
>Ronaldo = 1/2
>Messi # of RETIREMENTS = 1
>Ronaldo = 0

lmao yup clear as day who the better player is ahahahaha

irrelevant, thread has nothign to do with iniesta. You brought him up out of nowhere for no reason. Talking about iniesta does nothing to the topic at hand, which is "Who is better" Ronaldo or messi

UK getting blown the fuck out both irl and on Sup Forums

>international titles won determines who is a better player

Yes, sound logic.

>irrelevant, thread has nothign to do with iniesta.
I'm asking you, if by the selective and completely arbitrary criteria you use to determine which player is better, if Iniesta is better than Ronaldo. Yes or no?

>by the selective and completely arbitrary criteria you use to determine which player is better

that is done so in the specific context of messi vs ronaldo. Comparing different players who play different positions would involved different criteria, because the context of the comparison radically changes

lmao what dont you get, your asking me if i would use the same arguments i would when comparing 2 forwards to each other, vs comparing a forward and a midfielder? get the fuck out of herer lmao your grasping at straws wayyy to tightly its pathetic

So why isn't your criteria applicable when making comparisons between other players then?

>Comparing different players who play different positions would involved different criteria
Lol. Your entire fucking premise is based exclusively on titles won. What does it matter what position they play?

It's because your argument is retarded is why.

>So why isn't your criteria applicable when making comparisons between other players then?
Because forwards and midfieilders and defenders and goalies are all different postiions????......and even then, which other forwards have anywhere near the individual numbers or team trophies to even be worth debating for....? Your dense as fuck man just stop

>your dense as fuck
>your

Fella, have a fucking word with yourself. Your argument is typical of that which children come out with. Determining who is a better player based on cups they've won. FFS. If that is you consider relevant in such a debate, why does it matter what position they play?

Undisputed GOAT List:

1.-Pelé
2.-Maradona
3.5.- Cristiano Ronaldo/Lionel Messi
5.- Zinedine Zidane
6.- Johan Cruyff

Messi is still 0/4 outside of barca and retired because of it. lmfao can't change that no matter how hard you try

>waaaah thats your only argument
only argument that fucking matters his a system babby who's numbers/accomplishments have noticeably deterierated along with the decline of xavi/iniesta

stay fucking mad faggot

TSUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

>why does it matter what position they play?
your right i guess it doesn't
>Ronaldo = 600 goals >>>>> Totti, Del Piero, Pirlo, Buffon, Kahn, Zidane, Rohnaldinho COMBINED

Your being fucking dense, any by that i mean your assuming the only argument is purely team accomplishments. Do i need to fucking copy and paste messi and ronaldos wiki pages so you have an understanding of what fucking context is? The team trophies/international trophies is an arguement because of looking of what they both have acoomplished over the entirety of their carrers. you fuckign retard. im not here to give you a fact and history lesson.

either make an actualy argument for messi, or counter an arguement thats been made. Don't be fucking pedantic and dense and say >hur duur but what about other players huuuh

dont be retarded and waste everyones time. this is fucking Sup Forums shit isnt that fucking serious

>Di Stefano being higher than Ronaldo

>Your being fucking dense
>your

Lmao, stupid underage cunt.

You cannot substantiate your silly fucking argument because you knows it's utter nonsense when laid out in front of you.

If the only measures in which you use to determine who is better between Messi and Ronaldo is CL titles and international titles won as a TEAM, then the position they play is fucking irrelevant, you dopey fuck.

I chimp in front of pc when fedoras post footballers that they didnt even watch except some shitty b&w youtube vids. (pele, maradona etc)

also i think cr7 > messi atm, 4 yrs ago it was messi by far

>I chimp in front of pc when fedoras post footballers that they didnt even watch except some shitty b&w youtube vids. (pele, maradona etc)
Yeah, I do too.

No one on here ever seen Pele play in the flesh, no one has watch him play regularly. No one has seen anything other than flattering compilations to make a judgement on.

Might as well add fucking Dixie Dean to that list, or George Camsell.

Isn't Zidane better than Messi and Ronaldo?

>4 CL Finals
>1 WC
>1 WC FINAL after retirement and lose because of Ball luck

>he rates zizouzouzouzouzuozzizou

Ronaldo. He will retire as the greatest of all time.

>also i think cr7 > messi atm, 4 yrs ago it was messi by far
This is because of team quality

Me

Bait, but right to some extent.

For those who REALLY understand them game Ronaldo is a joy to watch, positioning, power, even speed at his age, he excels at reading the game and I never see him praised for it.
Messi is also incredibly good. He is more flashy. He can drible the entire team, and people love to watch this kind of stuff, it makes the less knowledge of fans go wild. But he is also as good as Ronaldo when it comes to reading the game and finding spaces, but he can't compete with Ronaldo in therms of athleticism.

If you prefer athleticism: Ronaldo.
If you prefer flashy dribbles: Messi.

Messi never proved his worth in England

At Stoke on a rainy Wednesday night.

Messi

This lol

People who have played the game or truly understand recognise the skill of Ronaldo.

I don't think people understand just how crazy it is to score 10 goals vs Bayern, Atletico and Juve.

Messi has never come close to doing that in the CL.

I would put them neck and neck IMO. Ronaldo has just had a stupidly good 12 months in terms of clutchness.

yes.

Ronaldo

Messi. He's a delight to watch.

except muslims part, yes it's very accurate.

Messi and is not even close.

C. Ronald migjt score 1000 goals but he'll NEVER be a world cup champion.

Messi carried Argentina to the world cup final in 2014.
Messi carried Barcelona all these years.
He have more chance than Ronaldo to win fonally a world cup.

This Real Madrid is not all that. The only reason they are winnin is because Xavi don't play on Barça, sp Barça is npt perfecr anymore but probably Messi will close his Pele-Cruyff-Maradona-like run and win Russia WW next year AND pass the torch to Vinicius Goatjr

>This Real Madrid is not all that.
Fucking idiot. This is by far the best team Ronaldo has played in.

>when you eat too much sdm

Legit worst post I've seen in a tsu vs Messi thread.

Not even joking.

Pulisic.

Not even joking.

Thing about RM is not that they play beautifully, but they are effective, and result wise they show that they are one of the best teams ever.
3 CL finals in 4 years (and winning 2 consecutive ones) is a huge achievement

Portugal have as a good a chance of getting to a final as Argentina does. If they did get to on I'd expect them to do infinitely better than the Argies who are full of chokers.

Messi has only really carried Barca this year. Before, he was a very very good cog in a well run system.

This Madrid team has won 3 / 4 champions league so yes they are all that. And more. One of the best teams of last 30 years

>And more
Not really. Their league record in recent times is fucking abysmal.

Man Messi did miracles on 2016-2017 la liga but without Xavi Barcelona is too good,
also Messi is the striker of la liga

still

1 Pelé
2 Messi (if he wins 2018 world cup with Argentina)
3 Maradona
4 Ronaldo
5 Zidane
6 Ronaldinho
7 Cristiano Ronaldo
8 Cruyff
9 Vinicius jr
10 Zico

1. When RONALDO scores he
at himself. When MESSI scores he points up,
2. RONALDO will do 5 skills to beat
1 player. MESSI will do 1 trick to
beat 5 players.
3. RONALDO is compared to
Messi.. While MESSI is compared to Pele and Maradona.
4. RONALDO shoots where MESSI
would have passed to better
positioned player.
5. RONALDO is hungry for
individual success, MESSI plays for the success of the team as a
whole.
6. Girls like RONALDO for his Good
Looks, they like MESSI for his Good
Game.
7. RONALDO scores goals, MESSI Breaks World Records.
8. RONALDO plays because he
loves fame, MESSI plays because
he loves the game.
9. RONALDO will make your DAY!
MESSI will make your HISTORY! 10. RONALDO is Good, but MESSI is
t10 differences between MESSI
and
RONALDO
1. When RONALDO scores he
at himself. When MESSI scores he points up,
2. RONALDO will do 5 skills to beat
1 player. MESSI will do 1 trick to
beat 5 players.
3. RONALDO is compared to
Messi.. While MESSI is compared to Pele and Maradona.
4. RONALDO shoots where MESSI
would have passed to better
positioned player.
5. RONALDO is hungry for
individual success, MESSI plays for the success of the team as a
whole.
6. Girls like RONALDO for his Good
Looks, they like MESSI for his Good
Game.
7. RONALDO scores goals, MESSI Breaks World Records.
8. RONALDO plays because he
loves fame, MESSI plays because
he loves the game.
9. RONALDO will make your DAY!
MESSI will make your HISTORY!
10. RONALDO is Good, but MESSI is
the best.

cringe

Teams that have a great chance of winning the WC
>Germany
>France
>Brazil

Teams that can do it with some meme magic
>Argentina
>Italy
>Spain

The rest are irrelevant.

Meme magic? Spain would need several miracles for it to happen.

Germany are really the only elite national team atm though.

I don't trust France yet.

Exactly, trying to say who actually is the number 1 is a pointless argument. They are so far ahead from the rest of competition it's not even funny anymore.

but that is no way the best team of all time because they'll lose this year FIFA clubs world cup to San Lorenzo and...

2006 Barcelona was better
2003 Arsenal was better
2002 Real was better
60's Santos was better
1980/1981 Flamengo was better
2003 Boca juniors was better
2000 Vasco (Lol) was better

Winning a fucking world cup is the most important achievement to be a goat
the most glorious title

People like to think goals are the only thing that matters. I've heard people think Ronaldo's 2 goal performance in the final was better than any of Messi's performances in the CL finals because Messi only scored 1 goal in 2 of those games. It's ridiculous. Messi dominated from start to finish against United in 2011 for example. He dominated Juve without scoring a goal in 2015.

how high are you m8

>Teams that have a great chance of winning the WC
>>Germany
>>France
>>Brazil

Brazil with Tite habe HIGH HOPES. The same Tite who DESTROYED Chelsea with perulised Corinthians.

But the power the tradition will still continues...

Semi-finals...

Netherlands / Brazil
Argentina
Germany
Chile / Italy

Spain winmong a WC was a fucking miracle. Never gonna happen again.

stop posting

this might be the dumbest shit ive ever read on this board