With all these talk about "meme trophies" and "meme competitions" which trophies actually matter in football?

With all these talk about "meme trophies" and "meme competitions" which trophies actually matter in football?

>WC
>Euros/Copa America
>Top 4 League (or top 3/2??)
>CL
>FA Cup
>Libertadores
????

Other urls found in this thread:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Trofeo
es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Palmar.C3.A9s
goal.com/en/news/586/copa-america/2015/06/29/13145882/dunga-brands-copa-america-worthless
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

1. World Cup
2. Euro
3. CL
4. Premier League

Everything else is worthless

Undisputed GOAT tier:
>World Cup

Important tier:
>Champions League
>Euros
>Premier League
>La Liga (for everyone that isn't Barcelona/Real Madrid)
>Bundesliga (for everyone that isn't Bayern)
>Serie A (for everyone that isn't Juventus)
>Ligue 1 (for everyone that isn't PSG)

Respectable tier:
>main domestic cup (FA Cup, Copa del Rey, etc.)
>La Liga (if you're Barcelona/Real Madrid)
>Bundesliga (if you're Bayern)
>Serie A (if you're Juventus)
>Ligue 1 (if you're PSG)
>Europa League
>Copa America
>Copa Libertadores

Meme tier:
>supercup/Community Shield
>secondary domestic cup (EFL Cup, Coupe de la Ligue, etc.)
>Club World Cup
>Confederations Cup
>everything else

i would rate the eufa super cup if you're the europa league winner

It's a one-off match, it's a glorified friendly.

>i would rate the meme match if won by the winner of a meme cup

>Undisputable GOAT trophy tier
World cup
>Very important tier
Champions league
Euros
Copa America
>Important tier
Top 4 league trophy (La Liga, EPL, Bundesliga, Serie A)
Europa League
Libertadores
>Good enough tier
Main cup of the top 4 leagues
Confederations cup

The rest are memes.

>Libertadores
>Important tier

>yuros thinking their Euros are more important than Copa America

lel
same meme tournament, you just have more shitty countries

end yourself

Good list except for copa memertadores

Literally couldn't tell you who won the most recent one, who any of the dominant teams are, any of the famous coaches, when the final is on, if it's been played this year etc.

No world class players play in it, it doesn't register even slightly in the sporting consciousness of Europe unless you're a South American expat and that's the harsh truth.

I could say the All-Ireland football and hurling championships are important because they're important to us, but I know no one else cares. You should accept the same is true about your meme cup.

copa america is basically argentina vs brazil vs some dark horse who changes every edition.Plus CA is over 100 years old and was held every year or once every 2 for a long time. meanwhile the euros only started in the 60's and there have been 10 winners in 15 editions

Yeah that was a typo, it should have been in meme tier.

Yes, but it's still a competition of high quality. You spin it negatively, but there are pretty much always at least two world class teams in it and they aren't guaranteed to win it. There have been three Copas since 2011, none of them won by Brazil or Argentina. Messi is looking likely to retire without a Copa medal, which says a lot about how hard it is to win.

You could even argue, given Denmark and Greece's Euro titles, that it's more of a meme competition.

i agree the teams have a lot of quality but when deciding with trophy is more relevant you have to give it to the euro cup for the same reason the wc is more relevant than the CL

not our fault you dooping savages keep genociding each other for decades

? im just basing my argument purely on how often the competitions are held in 2016 it was the 100th year of copa america and the 45th edition thats once every 2.22 years on average

You can say that the Euros is basically a competition for 2-3 countries max too, with 1 or 2 dark horses and most of the teams are meme tier. Even the good teams don't get to play each other until Quarters/Semis.
The quality of the average match is much lower in the Euros, while the one on CA is quite good. Even group stages has a lot of good matches, and Quarter matches are a so fucking tight. Watch Chile vs Uruguay or Paraguay vs Brazil in 2015.

Euros is extremely boring and not even that respectable considering how little it means to some players. Germany not winning it last year, despite having a beast of a team, shows that maybe they don't take it too seriously. Greece and Denmark trophies make it also quite questionable as a competition.

the only europeans who care about the euros are the ones who don't have a chance at winning a world cup

that's why portugal got so excited about it last time

Don't forget that the third place in group stage won the Euro

Denmark has had respectable world cup performances. Are Peru, Paraguay and Bolivia really that better?

And althought Copa America's reputation got higher in the last few years due to Messi not being able to win it. Brazil never really took it seriously, if you won the Copa but not the WC they would sack the manager.

>teams that could win the euros
france
germany
italy
spain
netherlands
england
portugal
croatia

Could say the same about the Copa America. Chile is not really a WC contender

this, we all know the CL winner is the better one of the two, it's a pointless match

And Argentina didn't try to win it?
It meant a lot to them, specially to Messi. And even more in the 2016 version.

The reason the Euros have a number of shit games is because the confederation simply has a lot more teams in it. There are only 10 teams in CONMEBOL and half of them are mediocre at best, I could name 10 teams in UEFA that have a decent squad (Germany, Spain, France, Italy, Portugal, Netherlands, Belgium, Switzerland, Croatia, Wales)

Not arguing that. I'm not saying Copa America is an important competition, I'm saying Euros are at the same level.

Like I said, Copa America's reputation grew a lot in the past few years and in my opinion it is as important as the Euros

I still remember when brazilians considered it to be a total meme competition though

>The reason the Euros have a number of shit games is because the confederation simply has a lot more teams in it.

Well that's simply untrue, former Euros were top quality, the problem was the current format. The format in 2012 and 2008 were tolerable, 2016 was just a travesty

To be honest the Euros has become a joke now that they expanded it to 24 teams. But before, it was definitely a bigger trophy than the Copa America.

Lel of course they did it, they're 27 years sín titulo.

We still do, everyone (even the media) says around here that Copa America's only function is to get rid of coaches, which is true kek, if we didn't get btfo'd by peru & paraguai in the last editions we wouldn't have Tite right now.

>Denmark has had respectable world cup performances. Are Peru, Paraguay and Bolivia really that better?
Paraguay isn't that bad of a team, they lost vs France in a FRIENDLY and suddenly they are thrash? Peru is also a decent team lately. Bolivia is the only dogthrash team in South America. I would argue that Peru are far better than countries like Czech Republic, Sweden, Denmark, Norway, Finland, any baltic state, Poland and a few others at the moment.

>And althought Copa America's reputation got higher in the last few years due to Messi not being able to win it. Brazil never really took it seriously, if you won the Copa but not the WC they would sack the manager.
>Brazil never really took it seriously
they always try, everyone takes it seriously, they just had issues with Dunga, nowadays they would get into Finals for sure. It shows that you didn't watch or know the issues of the Brazilian NT when you say that desu.

>france
yes
>germany
yes
>italy
not with the lineup they had, I don't even think they are better now
>spain
yes
>netherlands
no way in hell they can win when Robben was injured and the shitty lineup they had
>england
is this a joke?
>portugal
the dark horse, indeed
>croatia
they have good players, but having 1 or 2 world class players doesn't mean much, also, it doesn't seem like they have good collective play.

3 contenders, 1 darkhorse.

lets be honest people only hate the change because portugal won because of the new rule... it was just luck that all the sharks ended up in the same tank and portugal had a relatively easy road to the final

like if Netherlands, Belgium and Switzerland weren't overrated.
Croatia and Wales and 1-man-teams
I give you Portugal because they have a Euro to back shit up.
Italy is super inconsistent lately.
Only Germany, Spain and France are tier 1 teams.

>they always try, everyone takes it seriously

No, we clearly don't. Between 1916 and 1989 we only won 5 titles. All of them because we hosted the cup. And then we won 2004 (with a b team) and 2007 because >argentina.

You can see here: es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Trofeo

Wrong link, this is the right one:

es.wikipedia.org/wiki/Copa_América#Palmar.C3.A9s

The new rule promotes very defensive football and a lot of ties. 16 teams tournament was perfect

Ayooo, you forgot 97 and 99 among the Copa America titles.
The earlier was in fucking Bolivia. Granted, they played almost all their matches at sea-level Santa Cruz de la Sierra, but then proceeded to BTFO the hosts in La Paz in the final.

goal.com/en/news/586/copa-america/2015/06/29/13145882/dunga-brands-copa-america-worthless

>"Brazil went 40 years without the Copa America [1949 to 1989] and we continued winning elsewhere," he is quoted as saying in Folha de Sao Paulo.

>"Then we started to win the Copa America [five titles since 1989] and we were told it was worthless, that what really matters is the World Cup.

>"When we played in the Confederations Cup and won that, we were also told it was worthless. Now the press has decided the Copa America is worth something. Football is just like this."

I don't remember those, so I thought it was a legit winning. Anyway, we have a very schizophrenic way of rating cups. He care a lot abour Confederations Cup, which the rest of world doesn't seem to give a fuck.

And also the olympics games.

Here's a list of meme trophies:

FIFA Club World Cup (literally what the fuck)
UEFA Super Cup
Any League Cup/Secondary Cup (Only applies to Scotland, England, Portugal and France)

International:
Confederations Cup
CONCACAF Gold Cup
OFC Nations Cup

Europa League was a meme cup until they introduced the rule that winners get champions league.

CBF cared about the Olympics, not people.

People only cared about the Olympics football because it was here.

At NT level:

>1. Euros
>2. WC
>3. Copa America
Power gap
>4. The rest

At club level

>1. CL
>2. La Liga
Power gap
>3. EL
>4. Bundesliga
>5. Serie A
>6. Portuliga
>7. Ligue 1
>8. Copa Libertadores
Power gap
>90001. Supercup, African Cup, EPL, Oceania Cup, etc

the most prestigious is the champions league (when they dont decide to fix it)

world cup is poo tier and international football is boring shit

Indeed.
I find it good that we won't go to the Confederations Cup this year. We win it, we believe in our own hype and then proceed to get our asses handed to us in the World Cup.
At least this time we'll go at it without that much pressure. Unless Tite reverts back to his Empatite days, we'll go far.

lol are you underage? We always cared since atlanta.

Brazil is always under pressure when is about world cups, even more now since 7:1. I just hope he selects the right players and drop the meme ones. It's a pain to see a player such Rodriguinho instead of Fabinho.

Last 5 winners of the World Cup have been different.
Germany, Spain, Italy, Brazil, France.

Champions League is:
Spanish team with overpaid fags, Spanish team with overpaid fags, Spanish team with overpaid fags, Spanish team

The UCL has gotten SO boring ever Bayern won it.

Barcelona and Real Madrid are just taking turns to win it now.
A different team could get to the final, nobody denies that - but the end result is always the same.

Take a look at my team who got knocked out by Bayern Munich for the 900th fucking time.

You can guess who will get knocked out in the Group Stages.
You can guess who will get knocked out in the Last 16.
You can guess who will get knocked out in the Quarters.
You can guess who will get knocked out in the Semis.
And you can guess who will win the entire thing.

Going to go out on a limb here and predict Barca wins 2017/18.

It's SO fucking boring.

I doubt it. Tite favors those who worked with him before, especially in his tenures at Corinthians.
Expect to see Paulinho and Renato Augusto in the final team. If you complain, he'll bring back Cássio, Jô and Leandro Castan too.

>copa america is Brazil vs Argentina
Why do they have less titles then

Brazilians are known liars. They lie about not trying in libertadores too because Argentinians always beat their asses

Brazukas are arrogant as fuck, you retards just don't live near them so you don't know. They always act like they don't care about something until they win it

Because normally the best team wins.

So I'm going to go on a limb and predict Madrid/Bayern/Atleti/Juve are going to win the CL next season, Chelsea is going to win the EPL and Arsenal is going to win the Mickey Mouse Cup.

>it's another triggered urugay episode

kek. why always you?

Just called you out, the truth clearly stung because you're going for
>he u mad xD
Now

Brazilians are known liars, they say they don't care about something and then act like it's important when they win it.

>

>Euro and (lmao) Premier League
>no Libertadores
pathetic

Libertadores is unironically the hardest one to win only behind the world cup.

Same teams win the CL every year, check the last libertadores winners

It's only hard because once you win it you have to sell your whole team to chinks, europoors and arabs.

you mean natural homeostasis? that could really help european club competitions, you know, instead of the FAs sucking off the teams with more shekels

Apart from Football WC, we only care about titles or championships we're winning.

The Olympic football Gold medal was an exception because it was the only thing Brazil haven't won.

We care about Confederations Cup, dude.

What do you prefer winning: a World Cup or Confederations Cup?

1. WC
2. libertadores
the rest is meme bullshit

kek is this really an argument? We can't care about 2 different cups?

Why do they have stupid shit like FA cup and Copa del Rey?

This

We can, we shouldn't tho because that cup only deludes us.

People hate the change because Portugal only won a single match within 90 minutes during the entire competition. The format rewards bus-parking and makes every match boring to watch. If they wanted to include 24 teams then a second group stage or a play-off round for the third-place teams would have been infinitely better than the shit we got.

WC
Euro
-
Champions/Copa América
Libertadores
UEL
-
EPL
La Liga
Serie A/Bundes
Sudamericana/Concachampions/AFC
-