I dont like his music, but why are so many people so insensitive to something sad? i get it...

i dont like his music, but why are so many people so insensitive to something sad? i get it, its like not a shocker that a musician ODs. No person with half a brain would put it past him, but geez does anyone fucking deserve it?

its sad. people do this. its a problem, but does anyone think about why this shit happens?

i guess thats the age of the internet. its just another headline. next week, no one will give a fuck about this guy

>next week, no one will give a fuck about this guy
Exactly. It's musical potato chips. Each song = the impact of one single Wise chip from the $.99 bag. People are being insensitive to Peep because, well, look at any one of his lyrics. Maybe it happens because, even for all his success, he was receiving positive reinforcement for the things that killed him. Seems to be that way.

>talentless hack and junkie dying
>something sad

>never heard of this guy
>Sup Forums tells me he died
>"another hip hop faggot got by the pills, who fucking cares"
>listen to some of his tunes anyway out of curiosity
>turns out he is the Ian Curtis on the 2010's

literally what the fuck

But Ian Curtis is trash?

i'd rather just not speak about celebrity death,personally.
People always feel incredibly disingenuous in that moment to me,be they dickheads on Sup Forums or crying social media users.

I don't care about celebrity death unless i was actively looking forward to their next projects - maybe that's callous, but it happens to frequently to actually give a shit about these things and be mentally healthy.

no hes not, but ur not edgy either so ahah

boy if you don't

this is Sup Forums dot org buddy

welcome to hell

agree with all of this. its sad. i hate to be a "duh western civilization is fucked up" guy, but what's with the widespread depression epidemic? it has to be a symptom of cultural ideals and norms.

everyone's more connected than ever but everyone feels lonely and isolated.

>Glorifies drugs and depression
>Dies
Thank god, he's an example of what you shouldn't do with your life

there are enough rational people on here that make this board worth going on. see

this

it’s just Sup Forums tards that think they’re brain geniuses who understand the world despite never leaving their bedroom. they use shit like this to feel better about their lives cause they know no one will give a shit about them after they die from a 18 hour bender of jerking off and mainlining Mountain Dew. Their entire personality is based off being “edgy.” It’s literally the only thing they have going for them and making other people mad or upset is their only outlet towards getting vindication towards a world that they think is unfair to them because they can’t get laid and have no friends.

Would a civilization with its head on its shoulders make a hero out of Lil Peep? This is a wake-up call.

this

If you need Sup Forums as the yardstick for how good of a person you are, you're probably a pretty shitty person. Just throwing that out there.

>projecting
nice

he deserves to be mourned, I never particularly liked his music, but he hadn’t done anything wrong to deserve hate. and making bad music does not mean that you deserve to be hated as a person

so rest in peace lil peep,
I would say rest in piss if he did something like, you now, beat his pregnant girlfriend almost blind were sexually assaulted a minor, but as far as I know he’s clean, so he deserves to be mourned

fuck edgelords

do you think velvet undergound glorified heroin? that elliott smith glorified depression?

im inclined to agree, but i doubt people see it this way. i think people actually see it as another news headline to give their 10 seconds of time and move on with their day.

velvets are a bad example because they weren't really junkies even if they did use drugs

they maintained a cold and critical distance from their subject matter much like a journalist would

>I don't care about celebrity death unless i was actively looking forward to their next projects
fucking christ

great point there. the bands you mentioned, especially tvu, did it for arts sake. what difference that makes, i dont know. i would say theres something more aesthetically appealing to tvu and e smith

yes

>i dont like his music, but why are so many people so insensitive to something sad?

It sucks but what's happened has happened. I live in an area with a huge opiod problem I see the shit often.

For me it's hard to give a shit when it's someone you don't like or know. It's not like he's some long loved icon.

Those that want to mourn him will but I can't see many really giving a shit.

>but geez does anyone fucking deserve it?

Dude just got some shitty pills laced with fentanyl I bet. Xanax themselves aren't that bad, but this fake shit is literally a killer. Was an unfortunate event. You could say he deserved it for abusing pills in the first place.

>its sad. people do this. its a problem, but does anyone think about why this shit happens?

People are gonna do what they can to feel how they want or to at least feel different from "normal". The real world isn't the easiest thing to take straight for most. I do shit that I know is bad for me because an early drugged up death seems better than a long sober life.

Look at it this way with out the internet no one would even give a fuck about him in the first place. I literally forgot he existed until someone told me he died this morning then I confused him with Lil Pump.

It's hard to care about a guy you have no personal connection with past a "That sucks" and moving on.

The issue is instead of being told by the masses "hey peep, I know you rap about drugs and depression, and it sounds nice, but drugs are bad man, let's chill", in this culture of extremes, they glorify all these insane behaviors untill it'll do ya damage, or in this case, kill you. At first It may seem like another SoundCloud rapper gone, but his family is struggling. Social media will only continue glorifying the "woah Vicky's" and 6ix9ines.

My father had Kurt Cobain
His father John Lennon
I have Lil Pip
rip little guy, you'll be missed, voice of a generation and cultural icon

play stupid games, win stupid prizes... fuck with hard drugs, risk OD'ing laced or not

why the fuck should i feel bad for this faggot junkie, and his self-induced "problems"?

>musician
Mumbling into a mic over a shitty Soundcloud backing track is not being a musician user

because he glamorized using xanax and lean
literally the world is a better place without this faggot

is he next?

neo-edge shitposters

brandon is next not hm

>deserved it for using pills
I don't think you know what "deserve" means.

No, he is

>no one has a real connection to him
i mean, i personally feel that way, but any fan base feels connected to the musician. i cant say everyone feels the same across the board. but even with musician deaths, people move one quite fast.

>early drugged up death seems better than a long sober life

i mean, i just dont think thats true. i guess from my sober perspective, i avoid drugs because, if youre right, id rather not know. i dont want to develop that mindset.

but i also know lots of people who do drugs that arent dangerous. it seems like some scary shit sometimes.

also, drugs dont pay off forever. they wont always be as exciting as they are those first months living that way. tell me if im wrong, but sometimes you'll feel like the only thing to look forward to is the next time you get high. that fact is unsettling and unreliable for happiness. you should find similar things to look forward to while sober for stability.

I swear people forget or are too delusional to realize that this is nothing new on Sup Forums. Complaining about edgelords makes it worse.

I'm supposed to be sad because someone I never met died? Newsflash faggot, that happens every day. Just because you read about it on the news doesn't make it special.

>but does anyone think about why this shit happens?
As I listen to his songs it's pretty clear he saw this coming and dgaf, call it depression or whatever. If anyone should've cared more it's his friends and family.

hes a fucking meme

I'm in my mid-thirties, who's the fag, and why's he so important to you young phellas?

t. Pseudointellectual retard
Depression is a chemical process in the brain (or not enough thereof) you retard. You don't "catch it" from culture

I agree with you OP. He was only 21. If I found out someone from my high school died at 21 I would feel sad even if he was the biggest faggot ever.

This is funny though

I have to agree. I absolutely love Prince, but long before he died I remember thinking to myself "it's been awhile since he's done anything great, maybe if he dies early they'll put all his stuff back on streaming platforms"

If I'm not excited for someone's next work, it's easier for me to cope.

No one gave a fuck about this dudes bad music even before he died. I give zero fucks about people that abuse Xanax. They know exactly what the fuck they're doing. If you still think taking Xanax is cool after the first time you did it and you realize you remember absolutely fucking nothing the next day, then you don't deserve your brain

Good God, when DSM-IV shills are confronted with the idea that mental illness could be externally triggered, they just go "muh chemical imblance". What chemical? What determines it "imbalanced"? I swear, fucking simps for the drug companies, all of them.

Yeah, some people are prone to sullenness and melancholy, but you're fucking retarded if you're suggesting that drug addiction and self-destructive behavior are absolutely externally motivated.

He does have an adderall problem but i hope not

Just listened to a handful of songs and can definitely see the appeal to teens and early 20s.

whatever man. im not trying to be smart guy here, i mean who doesnt feel depressed sometimes? its different from clinical depression which is what he has, but even so, its undeniably a new and popular thing specific to the 21st and late 20th century. why is that?

>muh Sup Forums boogeyman

Lmao I cannot imagine how much of a limpwristed faggot you are

meme magic is real. was wishing him death for long time and xxtesticle got incarcerated. hopefully clairo will die next.

>Xanax themselves aren't the bad

Maybe if you take them as prescribed, but if you pop bars or football's like this dude obviously did it is one of the worst drugs. Imagine literally remembering nothing after taking it. And then after a while you need more and more bars to get to that level again. It's one of the worst drugs out there

t. Sup Forumstard

Serotonin, you fucking retard. No one was talking about drug abuse you mong, read the post im replying to again, or maybe twice so you understand it.

>all depression results from a chemical imbalance

Get a load of this pseudointellectual

This

>feeling sad is depression
Go listen to some Lil Peep faggot

t. Limpwristed faggot

i thought he wanted to be buried with the lights off

Motherfucker no body gives a fuck about him now. Lil Pump, Lil Skee, Lil get the fuck outta here with this bullshit.

okay, looks like you've solved depression. its due to seratonin imbalance. lets just perscribe people anti-depressants and other things. oh wait, we cant. they dont work and people abuse them

>>“I suffer from depression and some days I wake up and I’m like, Fuck, I wish I didn’t wake up,” he told Pitchfork.

Welcome to the club, pal

>No one was talking about drug abuse you mong
We're talking about Peep's death, stupid. If it's all about serotonin reuptake, why do variable groups say that SSRI's effects are barely a notch above that of the placebo?

You're a fucking pimp, so it's to be expected that you start lashing out with insults and half-understood medical terms when the world starts turning against your understanding.

>seratonin
Sounds like you're a bright one. Present a counter argument proving depression is not chemical imbalance or fuck off, pseud.

Anti-depressants aren’t narcotics you dunce you can’t abuse them

If you've seen what I've seen you'd need a foot-from-mouth removal procedure

No, I'm responding to a post talking about depression. I don't expect you to have much of reading comprehension but you should be able to follow a simple conversation.
>hurr durr SSRI doesn't work
I guess the millions of people got cured by Jesus. You're some Sup Forumsfag aren't you? Be honest.

Go try snorting a Zoloft and let me know how it works for you

is this real

>muh Sup Forums

Christ you really are a limp wristed faggot

Are you literally retarded?

Thanks for confirming it.

Why the fuck would I do that?

Who was "cured" of depression? You either develop good coping mechanisms or you kill yourself, one way or the other. You responded to a post linking drug abuse to depression in the case of Lil fucking Peep. Sup Forums your mother's bush.

what the fuck

i just dont see how its purely a chemical thing. natural selection doesnt work in the favor of people with depression. people with it generally arent reproductively successful or they commit suicide. seems logical to assume depression should just die off or at least decrease soon.

either that or its something thats learned. also, how could there be no correlation between depression and thought patterns? thought patterns are learned from a culture. you can reason out of suicidal thinking.

im saying there is something fucked up about the modern world. i didnt think that was a difficult thing to realize. im not trying to be smart or "muh deep thoughts" or anything. i think its worth thinking about.

>tfw lil Beeeeeeeep now

I saw him live 4 days ago and he actually had a pretty beautiful voice, apparently he was trying to buy Oxycontin in Tuscon but everyone there presses it with Fentanyl which is extremely easy to overdose on, I wasnt a huge fan but me and my friends figured he'd either die, fade into obscurity, or blow the fuck up and play really expensive shows, glad I got to see him before he passed.

>some mumble rap faggot i never knew existed dies

dude looks like he was in special ed class he was probably not even sentient

Fucking Dr. Freud right here man.

Read a book or something before you start trying to theorize. Good luck.

>he thinks I'm the same person as the guy he's replying to

Ahahahahah doesn't surprise me you're some "MUH Sup Forums" cuck

i feel you op
at least have some fucking decency, Sup Forums
press F for the poor bastard

>Read a book or something
Got any recommendations Dr. Phil or are you just spewing shit out of your shithole?

this
F
fuck you very much Sup Forums

S

>mumble rap
what the fuck song did you listen to? he's literally an emo singer

You aren't even the dude I was responding to, 2/10 made me reply

edgy/10

>provides no actual response to the ideas

okay. i dont know why i expected a genuine exchanging of thoughts on Sup Forums. geez.

>read a book before you start to theorize.

fine, youve forced my hand. see pic related. not that ive read them cover to cover, but books get you thinking about theories dont they? fuck off

>but even with musician deaths, people move one quite fast.

I mean what are you supposed to do? I was legit bummed for a while when Jay Reatard died (from an OD of course) but it was still a "Goddamn, that really sucks! Oh well, nothing I can do." moment.

>also, drugs dont pay off forever. they wont always be as exciting as they are those first months living that way. tell me if im wrong,

I don't use often enough to really build up a tolerance to anything. When I decided to drop my whole straight edge bullshit that was the one thing I said I would do and so far it's worked out.

If anything the long gaps in between make the drugs so much more enjoyable when you finally let yourself loose. Got HPPD so I see shit when I'm not doing anything anyway lol. Hell I sit up for a few days and I'm basically tripping and "enjoying" that delirium.

>you should find similar things to look forward to while sober for stability.

I look forward to going to sleep so I can dream, or anything that let's me distract myself from my own thoughts. It's why I listen to a lot of music.

>there are people this stupid

>he thinks Nietzsche would teach him about neurology or psychiatry
Nice one mate

no but jung will

whats the guitar sample from on Benz truck?

Sure thing, you're basically a neurosurgeon now. I'll just stop replying to your pseudointellectual bait now.

>trying to single people out on an anonymous imageboard
That's not how this works.

hey man, to each his own. not telling you how to live or anything. it just seems logical to think that that lifestyle doesnt pay off. it seems so many shitty fucked up things are associated with drugs. but if you can pull it off, go for it.

Not too hard when one uses no capitalization and the other does.

lol some little slut gave him fake xanax