UK Rock vs US Rock

It seems like the UK outweighs the US when it comes to rock musicians/bands.
>The Beatles
>The Rolling Stones
>Led Zeppelin
>Pink Floyd
>The Moody Blues
>Elton John
>David Bowie
>Cream
>Genesis

Do they really outweigh the US in terms of quality rock? What are some U.S. Rock bands worth checking out?

Other urls found in this thread:

scaruffi.com/vol4/motorhea.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Jimi Hendrix, The Doors, The Ramones(invented punk), Blue Oyster Cult, Elf, not to mention the greatest power metal band ever, Rainbow, wouldn't have been nearly as great without Ronnie James Dio. The UK rock bands are good, but their hype overshadowed some truly legendary bands.

The Doors

that is all

>Isle retards

Fuck off

Chuck Berry

You also forgot Black Sabbath, Deep Purple, Radiohead, Oasis, The Who, King Crimson, The Kinks, and Blur.

>Radiohead
That one is a big one I forgot, thanks. Don't know why they slipped my mind when I made the thread.

Not mentioning the Delta blues artists and rock and roll artist that inspired those bands.

Jimi Hendrix is considered British for these purposes. You shouldn't have been a bunch of racist fucks.

He's not considered British, he was and always will be an American artist.

>Hendrix
Great, but Clapton is better
>The Doors
excellent, no one touches them
>Ramones
The Clash were better, and arguably the Sex Pistols """invented"""" punk
>BOC
One hit wonder
>Elf
literally who?
>Dio
lol

This thread is pure reddit

Those bands are shitty, mate.

>This thread is pure reddit
How so?

>uk
king crimson
pink floyd
soft machine
talk talk
this heat
brian eno
wire

>us
glenn branca
captain beefheart
the doors
bob dylan
husker du
mc5
morphine
the velvet underground
jimi hendrix
frank zappa
red house painters
foetus
the stooges
swans
talking heads
tortoise
tom waits

uk btfo

what you mean to say is
>i think the uk outweighs the us in using a ridiculous amount of money to manufacture popularity for the artists who sign on the line which is dotted
which is very true. this is, of course, mirrored in the united states by hollywood, the fact that we started imitating the UK in how we promote music and surpassed them in the 80s. note how old all the bands that you're referring to are.

Britain had mod, anarcho-punk, shoegaze, industrial, acid house, glam rock...

The US had soul, jazz, post-hardcore, death metal, blues, folk revival, no wave...

I love a lot of British music and I'd love to move to Scotland, but the US wins this so hard it's ridiculous. No competition, really.

I think it might actually be better to be in the British music scene just because the UK has so many bands for how small it is. But if you're just asking how good the countries are overall, irrespective of the country size/band per capita ratio, then the US wins hard.

The bongs of truth call otherwise. The Jimi Hendrix Experience were a Swinging London band matey.

Interestingly the house he lived in was also previously occupied by Handel, another foreign artist forever more considered British.

Bruce is worth more than all of them combined

It's funny you mention that Sex Pistols invented punk, when every major UK punk band will tell you that the Ramones started it all.

Guess I was wrong. The Doors still rule though.

>born in America
>never had UK citizenship
>is considered british for these purposes

Rose to prominence in the British scene, band was British. British artist.
Bit like how Americans like to think of CSN&Y as an American group. Seems fair.

Rock in roll was invented in the U.S, paticularly in the south, with artists like Fats domino Chuck Berry and Elvis Dominating the 50s

That's retarded. You can have Noel Redding and Mitch Mitchell and you can have a percentage of The Jimi Hendrix Experience but the driving force behind that band was an American raised on American sensibilities. Jimi Hendrix is actually a great example of how Americans do British better than Brits. While still being American. And not British.

Except that MC5, The Stooges and Velvet Underground were the main precursors to punk?

You realize they if not for Chicago and Delta Blues none of these bands/artists would have existed

Yes, just like Emma Watson is considered an integral part of French cinema.

And yet if those bands had not existed, white Americans would never have heard of any of it.

See
also not to mention that BritBongs had terrible folk and classical music. It wasn't until Mahler that there is really anything really worth noting. Though I will say I do like some Byrd and Tallis is okay

Your a fucking retarded, I live in Chicago and everyone who is a musician is familiar with the legends. And if anything, they just made blues white vs actually adding or making it better.

But not actually french

Proto-punk, sure, but not punk rock. Alice Cooper and Blue Cheer might be proto-heavy metal, but it wasn't until Black Sabbath that it all fell into place, and heavy metal was born.

Born in France, Harry Potter is French cinema.
Thats the logic here.

>Your a fucking retarded

Oh okay she was born in france. So she is a french actress. And a british actress. Because she's a british citizen. And no, it is not equivalent to saying Harry Potter is French cinema. It might be if I claimed that The Jimi Hendrix Experience is an American band, but I didn't. Only that Jimi Hendrix is an American guitarist and not British because, ya know, he was born in America and was not a british citizen.

It's always a wave going from U.S. to U.K.

The very direction the red coats went.

British musician, American parachutist. Final offer.

Fake but not gay

Ah, you caught I censored saying Brit Bong because I realized it was pointless to use the same insult twice.

The Ramones might of kicked off punk but the Sex Pistols were the leaders and main influence.

If theres one thing we know what to do its music.
Our Nigel agrees

Zeppelin broke big on their first American tour after receiving lukewarm reviews in the U.K. So by your logic they're an American band.

I mean they did rip off a number of American musicians so... it would make sense they're pretty mush British people LARPing as Americans

>rock musicians/bands
electronic music too

and as far as 80s and 90s music is concerned, mainstream pop also

>Pink Floyd
>quality rock

Sure buddy. At least us Americans have the best rapper of all time, MC Hammer.

you forgot the bonzo dog doo dah band

fuck you nigle

>"US rock"
>soul, jazz, blues, folk

Motörhead alone outshines most groups in this thread

>Motörhead
>Outshines anyone

You realize they've made the same album since like the 80's correct. While it's solid rock and metal music it's hardly good music in general. They pale in comparison to Metallica in terms of songwriting chops. Objectively.

but Britain has MF DOOM

Which country invented the damn genre?

Rap and Rock were invented in American, what was invented in England specifically..... the English style.. trash. You have stolen from other people because your nation need to steal to invent. At least in America we have had other cultures come and melt together to make out music. You outright steal fucking tossers

It's negro music adopted by white rich kids. Who cares

They still invented it

>Motorhead
>paling to anyone
>"Motorhead makes the same album" meme

Opinion invalidated

Hey guys, let's make an arbitrary list of mainstream rock bands yay!

They basically do make the same album. Tell me, outside of very subtle differences you don't get the same exact experience from any of the last few motorhead records. The Rolling Stones have a more varied discography than they do.

>opinion obliterated.jpeg

scaruffi.com/vol4/motorhea.html

The highest rating is a 7 for Orgasmatron everything else is a 6 or 5 prior (one 4) and only three records post 87 are higher than a 4

I'm British and I agree

You mean Early Bruce right? Pre-Darkness on the trash of town

Hello pleb

Wild Innocent and E Street annihilates Darkness, The River and anything after combined

MAYYYBEEEEEEE

US has surf rock, best combination of darkness and light, groove and chill