This is actually really good

This is actually really good.

one of the best albums of the year, for sure.

I didn't even see it mentioned on this shit hole.

/mu ain't a bastion of good taste, and this albums reception was generally middling at best. I think it's excellent, and I'm glad I'm not the only one, but I don't think a lot of people here would have anything to say about it.

it leaked

I've lurked/ posted here for 5 years or so, I know The Flaming Lips are definitely Sup Forums core

Agreed. Falters a bit in the middle stretch, sadly, though. Album cover is *gorgeous*

my cum will leak from your boipucci if you keep making these threads

absolutely terrible cover art

Any Poles here to comment on that title?

Only part Polish, but that's irrelevant to the discussion. Love how they stumbled across the title cause it sounds like "Oxy Melody", which Wayne says in I think a Pitchfork video?

+ "Oczy Mlody takes its title from a phrase in a Polish translation of the Erskine Caldwell novel Close To Home. "Steven [Drozd] found that little group of words was in a sentence in this little paperback we had, and I think it sounded to him like some fun drug they'll make in the future or something," Coyne says with a laugh. "It turned out that this funny little phrase actually meant 'eyes of the young,' which we really liked. You always hope there's some little identity that starts to happen, on its own. That [phrase] definitely helped us here."

Well huh, that's cool! Thanks for the background info.

oldy moldy

Of course! For what it's worth, it's actually pronounced like "Ah-chy Mwo-dyuh", but being that Flaming Lips don't speak Polish & that the pronunciation of Polish is as batshit random as Welsh, they guessed (rightfully) that it was like "Oxy Me-lo-dy"

As a huge FLips fan I think it's average at best, and "Do Glowy" is prob the worst song they've ever recorded, but half the tracks are still total jams.

Is this a polish board or what

Sage

It's not

The cover is a fucking ripoff lmao

Sage

Oh man, that's some pronunciation. I never would've guessed! A nice piece of Flaming Lips trivia, and a small insight into a language I knew nothing about!

> lol I'm being a newfag and no one can stop me XD

The first Flaming Lips album I loathed. All aspects i loved about this band were dismally absent, and offered no redeemable features.

It is absolutely their worst album, and the band is officially shit. I don't care if you like it, but don't be ignorant why no one talks about it -- because the people that know, hated it.

Cheers, user. Mind-boggling how little we know about so many things! And to think there are people that *only* know Polish, and think that everything *else* doesn't make sense....

Such is our world!

Oczy Mlody was fucking awful

it was the first unlistenable flaming lips studio album

You're a fag you nigger

> muh conventional instruments

Samplers and keyboards are conventional in 2017

Curious: did any of you that *hated* the album listen to the faux-live EP released on Record Store Day that was an imagined show of them playing on the ISS?

Also, how the hell do you Flaming Lips fans not appreciate the awesome layers or melodies on songs like "How??", "Sunrise", and "Nigdy Nie"?

This is just typical polish ripoff garbage

>faux-live EP released on Record Store Day that was an imagined show of them playing on the ISS?
Yep, also hated it.
>Also, how the hell do you Flaming Lips fans not appreciate the awesome layers or melodies
They were poor/uninteresting. The band has done better layered harmonies on previous albums.

This