Now that the dust has settled, your honest opinion on him?

Now that the dust has settled, your honest opinion on him?

He will always be the Jannetty among great goalkeepers like Casillas and Neuer, all three won WCs but Buffon doesnt have a single UCL trophy to his name

Gianluigetty Buffoon

mediocre
was always carried by great defenses

he had a good career. but failed in the most important club competition in the world. will go down as overrated

He's alright. Not exactly the GOAT keeper though.

All wrong

He's a living legend, one of the greatest wver,and contrarians are welcome to eat their fedoras.

utter shit

Not his fault though.

Juventus are perennial chokers of the highest degree.

at his peak (now many years ago) he had very good reflexes and would make great reflex saves.
he's in the barthez category of goalkeepers. he makes spectacular saves at times but he isn't all rounded like real greats. makes mistakes.

Who?

I still love him and think he's a legend. Shame his defense let him down when he needed them the most.

>le save 1 shot and let in 4 man

It doesn't seem like he has good leadership skills compared to Kahn, Schmeichel or even Casillas. His personality seems a bit passive

True. And he's a part of Juventus.

still better than memerumma

he's okay but he's no Neuer

Italy fan here. Great GK but has some weak leadership qualities. Often drops his head, and sends a bad vibe. I don't really want him in goal for Russia 18 desu.

why do you support another country? are you an italian inmigrant?

The GOAT, but long past his prime.

he can change clubs, it's NT. problem with english and italian players is that they never want to leave their comfort zone.
Bale may never become good, but at least he already has the titles

*it's not

I'm an agent of the Vatican, sent out to bring the world under the rule of the Pope. What's your story? I knew some Chileans growing up, I wonder if they were leftists escaping Pinochet.

why is everyone assuming he won't win it next year? He has one more chance

You really think Real Madrid wont go all out on a Triple?

because Juve won't be able to replicate this year's CL run

Underachiever and a complete retard for staying with Juventus throughout his whole career.

that's actually not that unrealistic in theory, you often see teams that fail end up winning it a while after but in juve's case I think their core is just too old for another run like this and it cannot be replaced in one year.

He's okay, not good enough to win a CL though

>b-but dybala next messi senpai

lel

Overrated hack. Fuck this thief, I will never forget how he pretended to not see Muntari's goal and later in an interview saying that "he would have done it again if he had to"

Cheating scumbag, get out of football along with your scumbag club

He let in 4 goals from 5 shots

>His personality seems a bit passive
That's what happens when you play for a loser club
Used to have more grit when he was younger

Pub trivia tier

>2 deflections and a shot from inside the 6

>2 MINIMUM deflections

There, I fix'd for you.

So why is spee so schizophrenic? Before that final I was everywhere calling buffon an overrated piece of shit and everyone was like NO DUUUHH HE IS DA GOAT GK NO DISCUSSION and now everything is upside down? Suddenly he's overrated like I said before?

shit

Wayne Rooney of goalkeepers

>Yuros and thrird-worlders having a coherent opinion.

>about a man playing a women's game.

Dont take this board seriously
It's just shitposting and no one has football knowledge

Pretty much the undisputed GOAT gk among non-memers.

I mean wtf if it's all shitposting than it's pretty well architected. Maybe it's that monkey see monkey do thing

I wanted him to win. He deserved to. Unfortunately, Real Madrid were just too good. Maybe next year.

t. my diary desu

The chances of Juventus reaching another final so soon are pretty slim.

He's shit. He should retire.

You need to go back.

Awful positioning on first and last goal, gave himself absolutely zero chance to save it.

He's shit and done

>awful positioning on first and last goal

First goal took a deflection that took it right in the corner and the last goal was a tap-in from 5 yards. There's nothing he could have done.

Look at his flag.

>62
6+2 = 8
8 = 7+1

what are you even doing in this thread

Yes, but it was a 7-1, which actually equals 6.

This

Alves literally became the voice in the locker room after only a year.

He was positioned way to close to the near post.

USA has produced decent keepers through the years so don't think idk what I'm talking about you sand nigger

Soccer&Beautiful men when?

amirite?

cute :3

Le meme classy italian. He fucks up all the time but since he played for jewventus and has amassed such a trophy cabinet casuals overlook it.

T H I S

>76331716
>6331716
>331716
>31716
>1716
>716
>16
>6

It's like poetry.

Literally 7-1, beaner

no one wants to buy english players desu

>football thread
>flag
Pic related.

I am aware all of this is just shitposting but come on now
>forgetting and glossing over Schmeichel's mistakes
all keepers have their mistakes no matter how clutch they were like the Great Dane was

shit Neuer did the same to England

everyone with their double standard on Buffon... poor dude, great talent but got unlucky in some big games, it happens

he was being talked about as a ballon d'or candidate before the final now not so much

Goat. Been at the top since 19 yrs old. Passing and penalties his only weakness. Exemplery man and great leader. GOAT

>le 179 cm tall goalie
TSUJ

>anons know goalkeeping better than legendary goalkeeper with two decades of experience at world class levels

>TSUJ
underrated

Same faggot.

>shit Neuer did the same to England
How does that somehow make it OK for Buffon to do it?
I don't give a fuck about what Neuer does.

Ballon D'or? What a fucking joke

Take a chill pill you absolute sperg

He only could have saved Ronaldos 2nd goal and
that would have been godlike. Not his fault.

>it took him 8 minutes in ms paint

Using MS Paint is fun!

I can't forensically proof that it wasn't me, but go shoot up some meth or something, Pavel

>88
>flag

>Sup Forums shills Buffon for ages
>"better than Neuer, better than Kahn, the GOAT keeper"

>loses final
>"he was mediocre, never great, overrated"

This thread is hilarious, the man is a legend

upvoted

he is old
Like his defense
I feel like he is casillas
Not letting other goalkeepers play and just be an old fart andhave a shit ton of reputation but fail miserably
Might be wrong tho I dont watch calcium league that often
It disgusted me alot seeing him not being able to defend some of those shots where Navas would have

Portugal is truly the greatest cancer to ever befall /spee/.

Why did both teams field southern manlet keepers? Kahn couldn't help but chuckle when he explained that Navas did everything right against Mandzukic, except lacking reach.

Still one of, if not the greatest goalkeeper of all time on ability. He may not have the CL or Euros but he won just about everything else.
I would say his leadership skills seem to pale in comparison to the likes of Schmeichel and Kahn and it showed last night. They were awful in the 2nd half and he didn't seem to do a lot to try and motivate his teammates throughout it. After Casemiro scored their heads dropped and that was it.

Kahn is only 3 cm taller than Navas.

Which means he's 2 (two) cm above the internationally recognised line of manletdom.

Buffon = Yashin > prime Casillas > Kahn > Schmeichel > Zoff > rest