Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ExEj44OoG1Y
youtu.be/sZ7Mu8YJbSU
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Objectively true.

It's harder to express yourself through non live instruments

>photon
opinion disregarded

What does user mean by electronic music?

photon is the best theme by far

human voice is the most intimate

imagine being this retarded

>(broad type of music that contains a lot of totally different styles) is (broad sweeping generalization)
dumb meme. you could say the same thing about rock, jazz, folk, classical and it would not be any less valid

(You)

rec me some electronic music that will cut me down to my soul

correct

A reactionary comment against the incredibly stupid idea that used to be thrown around in the music press that "electronic music" was somehow not "emotional". Is electronic music "the most emotional"? No. The best music is the most emotional. Whether it's made using electronic gear or acoustic instruments.

/thread

the 2nd half of this LP though...

youtube.com/watch?v=ExEj44OoG1Y

but with a synth you can create any sound, wouldn't that make it easier to get a feeling across

No. You can't really. Yes, technically according to the Fourier Transform you could "make any sound" with an infinitely large additive synthesizer. Realistically, synthesizers are very limited machines that are good for making a few kinds of sounds they're designed to make. Modular synthesizers and exotic computational methods open the door slightly more, but not much.

The thing that makes "live instruments", as the other user put it, more suited to expression is the immediacy of the interface. A synth, at best, has keys with velocity, aftertouch, maybe a ribbon controller and a couple wheels, all with 127 quantized steps of sensitivity, as an interface. A guitar has the infinite resolution of the physical world and your own sensory system as an interface.

half of all electronic music is either extremely emotional or not emotional at all, depending on how you look at it, since its made for dancing. and the other half is very creative and expresive since it doesnt lean on lyrics and conventions like other genres to be emotional.

DJ Seinfeld

Nice essay my dude

You're forgetting that a synthesizer can make lots of entirely different sounds

a guitar can only make a guitar sound

I own a bunch of synthesizers. I know what they can do.

The guitar can make a shit tons of different sounds with just an amplifier and a few cables. Effect pedals and additional equipment allow for even more sounds. And this is before any production techniques. The idea that electronic music is good because it can make “any sound” is a meme. It’s good for other reasons

bait wtf

Kind of true, since electronic music doesn't typically have written lyrics, the actual songwriting has to convey the emotions more.

So instead of "I'm sad because my girlfriends dumped me and slept with a fucking chad ree" you get "this song is really sad." It's easier to relate to, and the emotions are more pure.

My favorite super emotional electronic track:

youtu.be/sZ7Mu8YJbSU

i wish i could listen to kashiwa daisuke for the first time again. was so good now i just don't like it
i dont know what happened

same