Hellfest completely sold out in less than a day

Hellfest completely sold out in less than a day

I thought no one likes rock/metal music?

Muslims love Metal music

Muslims don't like any music you stoopid cunt. hahahaha

That's a festival made up almost entirely of headlining acts, of course it sold out.

At Download Festival only Avenged and Maiden have headlined.

Only six bands on the bill I'd take any interest in.

it's the worst festival anyone could ever go to
filled to the brim with poseurs and "randum eksdee" types

>already seeing priest next year
>seen maiden twice already
>a7x is trash
>supporting bands are megadeth ft. other bands i don't give a fuck about

It's better than this year's Ozzfest/Knotfest, I'll give it that.

no they just literally "sold out" they used to have hardcore bands and smaller acts now its all mall metal shit.

My god, what an awful lineup.

Almost none of those bands are metal, fucking retard. Only brain dead children listen to those fucking bands; they're the ones buying all the fucking tickets.

>limp bizkit in 2017

>A7X, Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Megadeth
>Not Metal
Okay buddy.

A7X isn't metal

they did it all for the nookie

So much dadmetal.

Fuck what an awful line-up.

why are bands like Limp Bizkit still so popular in countries like France and all of Europe?

Sure they're fucking horrible but saying they aren't metal is just ignorant.

The cracks are really going to start showing as these old bands quit/get too old to not sound ridiculous. There's nothing left to pick up where they left off. It just doesn't work like that anymore.

who buys and goes to this

This decade hasn't been very good for generating new young metal acts.

>A7X
>metal

they are metal. shit metal but, metal nonetheless.

Metal will come back into fashion at some point. It wasn't very popular in the 90s, there was just Pantera and they weren't real metal, just meathead biker rock posing as metal.

comments like this make me very confident in the impending demise of metal

IDK, but metal seems to become more popular when there's a Republican president.

>any of those bands in 2017

It became cool to be a nu male is why.

That's fine with me, there are way too many shitty metal bands nowadays and the genre really needs to die or hibernate for a bit.

Hipster metal (I know but it's still metal nonetheless) had a huge amount of steam up until 2015/16 it seems, I wonder what happened.
Wonder if soundcloud rap had anything to do with it.

>Iron Maiden
>Judas Priest
>A Perfect Circle
>Megadeth
>Hollywood Vampires
>Nightwish

The only metal bands there is Megadeth and Nightwish

Would it kill them to get some non-geriatric headliners?

>Children of Bodom
>Possessed
>Kreator
>Death Angel
>Repulsion
LMAO no it isn't

>Iron Maiden
>not metal
Kill yourself. Their first 5 or 6 albums are pure metal kino.

Yeah why can't Death Grips, Kanye and Radiohead headline for once?

this lineup makes me wanna vommy

Because newer/young bands ALWAYS get called "trash".

That's a pretty good line up with some stinkers mixed in

Fixed

Wait, why would any of those guys be at a metal festival anyway?

a friend showed me a lil bit of their stuff and they didn't sound like metal to me, reminded me more of Green Day than anything metal desu
>poppy vocals
>strummed power chord progressions, no "riffs"

Well the problem is you have three choices when it comes to metal
>retro trad metal: scarce supply of good, new bands, but even ones that are good most people except the *hardcore* metalheads don't care about because they would rather listen to the dinosaurs for like the zillionth time
>-core, hard rock, etc.: generally not good, won't necessarily offend the old crowd but hardcore metal fans will definitely complain
>extreme metal: good music, strong appeal to typical metalhead, but the average maiden/priest fan will hate it, coreshitters will run away
TLDR: no way to recruit newer bands for a big metal festival without strongly deterring at least one subset of the crowd

Which band would you feel sad the most for if they don't make it out of hellfeast alive?

Deftones

because Sup Forums demands it

Funny, I was always pretty sure the point of a festival was to promote young upcoming bands.

yeah, but for metal the big festivals won't really do that. I mean Hellfest is probably going to announce some newer bands, but they won't be on the main stage or anything.

To be fair, the dinosaurs like Maiden were shit on in their day as well

The big festivals always get a legacy act or two because they're a guaranteed ticket seller unlike new bands where you don't really know them that well and they don't have an established following.

oops wrong thread will delete soon.