What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

Attached: download.jpg (225x225, 3K)

>niggers commit most crimes
Yes please kill them.

wew

I have no moral or ethical issue with the death penalty, if someone killed someone I loved their death would really be the only thing I could call justice. My real issue is more practical, since we can't be completely sure of a defendants guilt or innocence, I worry too much about sending an innocent man to death.

Fair and rational response, to add on I think another huge problem with the death penalty is the fact that it is giving the state the power to end someone's life. Is that a power we want the state to have?

>Is that a power we want the state to have?
I'd never thought of that, but also a good point.

Make saw machines suitable for the convicts crime. Go over and beyond make the family watch, and punish the parents for raising there dipshits to this point in life

I'm more worried about the state spending 20 million dollars per psychopath keeping them alive and locked in a small cage for 50 years when it's 25 cents for a bullet and the rest can be spent on healthcare or our kids education

When it's beyond doubt then just fucking off them

its nowhere near to be used enough

It's complicated.

I don't like the idea of the government having legal authority to end a life and on that note I do know that innocent people have been executed in the past which gives me a lot of caution to at least pause.
On the other hand the death penalty as a concept does some work as a method of deterrence. There are some people who'd do absolutely reprehensible things if not for their own senses of self-preservation.
On the pragmatic side of things... some argue that it'd be cheaper and less resource intensive either way. People who serve out a life-sentence are, in essence, sucking up resources. Then again the death penalty is one of the most appealed crimes there are and having an inmate on death row constantly appealing is going to suck up a lot of court time and money.

I mean what the fuck are you going to do? Send them to Australia and hope they stay somewhat loyal to the crown?

Innocent people rot in jail and die of testicular cancer from jacking off 6 times a day.

I fail to see how this is somehow less abhorrent than executing them

You are all getting soft

We give that power to law enforcement. That's why they have guns (in the US, can't say for other countries). That is on a local level. Forget about county, state, or federal.

A nigger can start nigging and be killed by a cop and 3/4 of the population really wont care.

Part of it is the finality of the act. If someone has been exonerated after 30 years they have a life to salvage, but once you put the needle in their arm that stops being true.

I may be mistaken but i don't think the death penalty works as much of a deterrent.

I wanna know why they can't just a use a massive heroin/fent overdose to execute people...

Because then the pharma companies would stop selling the US opiates

i don't think you should involve the cops in your problems.
fuck capital punishment slash their tires

Welcome to the 1970s mate. Our modern levels of evidence (DNA, forensics, CCTV) means the rate of innocents in jail is faaar lower than it was 30 years ago.

The death penalty is usually only applied in cases where the evidence is considered incontravertable, or the crimes are sufficiently heinous.

The aquittal after 30 years is typically following which hunts from the 70s... which really don't happen anymore

This is a backup plan for lots of states.

As is asphyxiation in a rising nitrogen environment.

Both are humane and fine

We need to be executing 10,000 people a year.
Initiating violence that could cause death or grievous bodily harm should carry a mandatory death penalty on the first offense. Death should also be mandatory for anyone who commits three felonies in a row, even if non-violent. (However, many fewer offenses should be counted as felonies.)

Thats why for the death penetly there is an automatic appeal. There is no perfect system, and the discovery of DNA has helped reduce the wrong convictions. There are people on this planet that deserve to be killed.

Now personally I don't think death penetly is work it. Lock the fuckers up in a max security jail cell for the rest of their life. That more of a torture than killing them.

>What does Sup Forums think of capital punishment?

Innocent people will die no matter what we do. If we don't have a death penalty, criminals will escape or be paroled to kill again, or kill staff, other prisoners, or visitors while in the jail. I think today there are way more of this kind of death from repeat offenders than there are innocent people who are executed.

Im fine with revenge but I don’t think government morons should be able to kill its citizens.

Super inhimane and fucked up tbqh

Capital punishment is great for law abiding citizens like me. If you aren't out to harm society you got nothing to worry about.

Source: living in one of the lowest crime rate countries in the world

thats a good point but its still impossible to know for sure who is innocent so it is still an issue...

ok but thats implying that its always wrong to break the law, which isnt true

>Super inhimane
Where do you stand on psychos raping teenagers after chopping their arms off so they won't fight back?

Same law abiding fag here. The law should be clear about the penalties. Everyone has the legal system to defend his/her innocence. Similarly everyone is responsible for his or her own actions. If you break the rules or you can't exist peacefully in society, then you should pay the price. Not the rest of society.

yes but the problem is that the law doesn’t always correctly define the rules for said peaceful society