Sad, pathetic little grunge bitch

You sad, pathetic little grunge bitch. Kurt Cobain was stupid, over rated, and is also an ex humis mainstream media whore. Comparing him to John Lennon is not just misinformed, it's blatantly retarded. Thrashing powerchords, whining at a microphone and looking moody and atmospheric in photoshoots does not a legend make. If you think that Kurt Cobain was a songwriting genius, and the only alternative voice with which you choose to compare him (in the summary at the end of your post) is Axl Rose, then you need to seriously consider drastic broadening of your musical horizons.

And in case you hadn't noticed, Nirvana is now mainstream. It's not different, it was never talented, and it's listened to in the majority of cases by stupid little punks who think that it's some kind of neveau gospel - and revel in it while basking in their smarmy, self important, ignorant swill.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=DKa-TDRJs54
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

That reminds me, the MTV Unplugged anniversary is around the corner.

Fuck, I love that record.

beatles are the most overrated forced band in existence. They produced nothing of worth artistically, they were essentially the boy bands of their time, followed by media scandals more than their musical aura.

nirvana and kurt were good for what they were

I always preferred Alice in Chains, so I feel no particular desire to defend Kurdt. Which makes for a rather boring thread. Hoepfully some diehard Nirvana fan comes along to liven things up.

low quality bait

>And in case you hadn't noticed, Nirvana is now mainstream
oh i never noticed, thanks for pointing that out. i thought they were just big in the 90s. you're a real scholar. appreciate your insight.

>ex humis
stop.

>Nirvana is now mainstream.
No they're n-- WHAT THE FUCK TURN ON CNN ITS REAL

it's true.

I like his singing voice and his ability to write catchy songs, I basically like him for the same reasons I like John Lennon

nobody here compared him to john lennon, you're picking a fight with yourself

So you're admitting that it's bait? Not very resilient, are you user?

I posted this on YouTube before, but I say it again.

I agree that from a technical, theoretical standpoint, Nirvana wasn't the most "talented", nor "intellectual" rock band of their time. At times, their music was very primitive compared to other alternative rock bands of their era, let alone the legends imprinted on the fabric of music history. However, to even compare and criticize Nirvana to other musicians/artists, especially to the Beatles, would be missing the point entirely.

Nirvana is a PUNK band, first and foremost. Their ethos revolved around passion, spontaneity, and creativity, all jammed into simplicity. They didn't pride themselves on being the most intricate artists (though at times, their music, especially on In Utero, could rival quite a few art rock/metal bands at the time in terms of lyricism), but what they lacked in complexity, they made up for in sheer energy combined with abstract idealism. Kurt Cobain's singing was somewhat of an acquired taste, but still was original insofar he was the first real singer to actually yell melodically, without sounding like a ditz or a moron.
Smells Like Teen Spirit represented the apathy and nihilism of teenagers and adults at that time, and managed to achieve what most considered unfathomable: to appeal to both social outcasts/space cadets and the typical, bravado jocks Kurt himself hated. And plus, with Nevermind, they finally managed to destroy the superficiality of the glam/hair metal era and in turn, finally gave rise to indie and alternative as the most popular form of rock, beginning a new era of creativity to music itself. If Nirvana attempted to be taken seriously as the new Beethoven or Mozart, or even to simply rival Led Zeppelin or the Beatles, then they failed miserably as a band. However, if they wanted to grow their passion for music and explore their artistic side more, and reshape rock as a whole for possibly the entirety of the modern era, then they perfectly achieved so.

nirvana is shitty new wave, not punk

(Cont.)

Judging by your comments, you strike me as a person seeking more technically advanced forms of music, which I understand. You're entitled to your opinion on Nirvana, but at least respect their influence to music history, because a band like Nirvana only comes around once in a generation.

It's a pasta from a some shitty forum from in 2004 (I think) that has survived all my backups.

From in

I am very dumb

this is the worst way to waste time, nothing fun about this thread/board anymore

>nirvana
>new wave
what?

Nirvana wasn't even the first band like nirvana!

You’re minimizing Nirvana’s sound to thrashing and whining but they’re more nuanced than that, and besides, it seems youre more hellbent on attacking the “smarmy, self important, ignorant” fans as if these type of people are the only people who listen to Nirvana. Yes Nirvana are bitchy but they aren’t crude or obnoxious, Kurt was a good song writer and while his music is mainstream that doesn’t automatically make it uninspired or unoriginal, in fact I think making grunge pallatable to mainstream audiences without losing it’s edge is quite an achievement.

>MERRY.....MEEERRRRYYYY

his christmas album sucked

While you're right that Nirvana were pretty mediocre, the Beatles are unironically shittier. They're just plain fucking mediocre shit. Comparing Kurt Cobain to Lennon? Doesn't bother me, both are less than spectacular. Thinking that the Beatles have accomplished anything to be lauded as holy giants is fucking pathetic and laughable. Their musical skills were fucking pathetic to say the least, almost as bad as Nirvana, with the exception of every Nirvana drummer being superior to Ringo. Hating Nirvana is passable, but raising the Beatles as any better?

>Thinking that the Beatles have accomplished anything to be lauded as holy giants is fucking pathetic and laughable
this is the worst bait i've ever seen

It's not bait you fucking retard! It's true and I'm speaking it to you.

Yes, Kurt was a deeply awful person. He was very caustic and confrontational, he threw his life out at every conceivable turn, ducked parental responsibilities to keep doing drugs, and he treated people like shit. There was nobody in his life that could have told him "you should be ashamed of the way you're living" that he would have listened to.
But he singlehandedly toppled the cultural conservatism that was so prevalent in the kinds of music people were forced to listen to back then, and footage of the band when they hit their stride is some of the best rock music ever recorded. Bottom line.

>uses the word retard and an exclamation mark followed by weird foreign rambling
learn how to bait properly my man, you are like a little baby

>There was nobody in his life that could have told him "you should be ashamed of the way you're living" that he would have listened to.

You’re just saying this because he was a rockstar. He still felt shame. Judging by his music I’d say he felt constant and unrelenting shame.

GATORADE

Itt: plebs

Cobain's music and lyrics fit so well together that anyone denying his talent is evidently retarded

He's overrated now, but he was a good musician

My post pretty much confirmed this earlier.

Towards the end you could obviously tell that he had checked out, and he did sort of try to save his family but he just couldn't stop being an addict, so he just went back to lying to everybody. Who was there in his life that could have gotten through to him? His parents weren't in the picture, Dave was the definition of a fixer, Krist tried to have some tough love with him but Kurt was already the alpha in their friendship, and Courtney was just as big of a junky as he was. I really don't think anybody could have stopped him.

>Dave was the definition of a fixer
What do you mean by this?

Sup Forums opinion and taste in music is so bland and forgettable, not to mention your memes and culture. This board is so irrelevant its pitiful. Close it down. You guys are such an embarrassment, even /r9k/ made it huge, and your cousin Sup Forums got their own p0rn. What do you got, Anthony Fantano... great because he has already disowned you for the uncoolness you guys are.

Rot in pieces you miserable hipsters. Rethink this board.

That album is literally genius

it's actually true
youtube.com/watch?v=DKa-TDRJs54

If you think Nirvana hasn't been mainstream for the past 26 years you're either underage or bait

>Posting bait like this on Sup Forums

I have only ever seen like 3 threads here praising Nirvana. Everything else is just people shitting on Cobain

To put the Beatles vs. Nirvana thing to rest, I have to say one thing. Both bands have an audience. Me personally, I don't like either of them. But at least the Beatles halfway started a musical revolution.

sad boy attention whore that got killt by his stupid wife
good riddance
I THINK IM DUMB I THINK IM DUMB I THINK IM DUMB I THINK I THINK IM DUMB

#lilpeepisdeadgodisgood

Kurt Cobain was the little Peep of our father's generation, you shut your mouth.

i'm aching for my Gatorade