Why does anyone take Anthony Fantano's opinion seriously?

Why does anyone take Anthony Fantano's opinion seriously?

He's just a knob from Connecticut.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I want a girlfriend so bad ;_;

People take his opinions seriously?

What album did he review poorly user
It's ok you can tell us
Where did the bad man touch your music

People take opinions seriously?

god i hate women

>Taking anyone's opinion seriously
I seriously hope you guys don't do this.

Why? Look how cute she is. Can you imagine grocery shopping with her ;_;

Because he's a well-articulated, knowledgeable critic with cogent opinions and a profound understanding of the medium he's critiquing.

its not as good as you think

This.

He never reviewed this album.

Hahaha. Profound in what way? He has no understanding of music theory so his perspective is definitely not theoretically or analytically profound. His opinions are based on his taste which usually the rockist way of looking at things. He tries to do metal reviews but they are horrible due to the fact he just hasnt listened to the genre that much. Same goes with rap. He is better at rap but he still obviously resorts to hastily made decisions based on his expectations and prejudices. Everything else seems to be just him throwing wild adjectives like ``textured´´ and ``muddy´´. Anyone could really do what he does desu

>profound understanding of the medium he's critiquing
lmao

i want to experience heartbreak :(((
tbf i dislike women already. my mom and sister raised me and man they are fucking headaches.

nice titcow

I have always got the vibe that metal was one of fantano's first favorite kinds of music,before his channel took off and he expanded his taste so he can maximize $

>knowledgeable
>profound understanding of the medium he's critiquing

Is this bait? Call me when he reviews a classical composition or a jazz album that isn't entry level Miles Davis or Zappa's most accessible album. I'll be waiting.

Not him but
youtube.com/watch?v=zIFibkS_NDY

She looks like Andre The Giant

heartbreak isnt as romantic as you imagine it. relationships in general are very awkward in genesis and conclusion

>Cool Jazz
So he reviews some of the least adventurous and safest jazz music he possibly could?

He still reviewed it.
He doesn't even typically make regular reviews for older music. Only Jazz album that had enough popularity to warrant a review was The Epic (which to my understanding is hated by Jazz fans)

I wish that melon wasn't in the way
That nose doesn't work
He was reviewing more experimental and avant-garde material when he first started out. I guess those reviews weren't bringing home the bacon.

>Implying liking multiple genres is selling out.

>He still reviewed it.
Fair enough. But it's still a far cry from a "profound understanding of the medium he's critiquing"
>Only Jazz album that had enough popularity to warrant a review was The Epic
If he's reviewing albums soley based on popularity than he's far from a "knowledgeable critic"

I didn't intend to imply that it's a bad thing, just that his motivation for listening to a wider variety of things was influenced by him producing content

Well he has to review more relevant/popular albums or he wouldn't be getting any views for his videos. If he reviewed more obscure releases that less people cared about he'd probably struggle more to get views and sustain a career from it on youtube.

He has over 1,000,000 subscribers. Fantano's in a position now where he doesn't really have to worry about obtaining less views from a more obscure release.

>well-articulated

High subscriber count =/= high views.
A lot of youtubers have their popularity die out despite having high subs.

He still wouldn't get less than 50k views on a more obscure release.

I suppose it would depend on the release.
Would there be any modern Jazz/Classical worth reviewing?

Ay.
Ay.
You boys know I can fuck girls like that? You know that shit? I'm a good-looking buck, I'll tell you what. You dig?

who is that floofy girl?

it won't be that much better

I used to watch his review of an album after I listened to it to see if there's anything I could gain perspective on. Honestly though after he became alt right I had to stop supporting him, sad to be honest.

Go get one bitch it’s not that hard fuckin pussy

His reviews of Not Good are slowly becoming death note tier.

I just don't want to fuc with all the weird occult shit going on in 2017 so I say he's a good guy.

he also gave lil pump a 7

she's a qt, you think she's a jew?

Also I think he has a good taste in temrs of what's trash and what's not.

>the quality of my relationship sets the standard for others
>i know what this guy thinks is desirable about a relationship
ok my guy

she's not a qt

qts are weak women who are afraid of floofy hair

i wish i was a qt indie girl

Fuck off Inbred Ezra go study talmud yahweh and the Saturn gods

>i want to experience heartbreak :(((
lmao no you don't

>he doesn't now music theory

is this true?

>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>critics

>thinks she isn't a qt 3.14

You gay bru, look at those mellons on her

he reviews contemporary music. not music at large.