Am I literally the only person who doesn't mind the skits at the middle on this album?

Am I literally the only person who doesn't mind the skits at the middle on this album?

It also turned 13 yesterday, congrats

I don't really care what pronouns you choose to use, but it's a bit weird to talk about yourself in the third person like that

DOOM is the only hip hop artist with enjoyable skits.

He didn't...

People always write like that in Sup Forums when they are making these kind of threads, that's nothing weird

>just realized mm... food is an anagram for mf doom

This, 36 Chambers and Liquid Swords I think are literally the only albums where I never skip the skits

>Better than out on Long Island with DOOM!

holy shit

Isse-isse-isse-isse dead?

fig bi-carbonate?

>It also turned 13 yesterday, congrats
no surprise you two share the same birthday

too many skits on the middle of album and some song also have them at the end. i still love it a lot.

I enjoy the skits. Also the cover is my favorite album art ever, I love the style

>strippin males
>Chippendales
>chippin nails
>tippin scales
>shippin sales
>skippin bail
>dippin jail
>whippin tail
>sippin ale

I think user was insinuating that the OP announced that they turned 13 yesterday.

Me, I think they're hilariously goofy and absurd and look forward to them honestly

GUMBO

Ah, I get you. I was referring to the album but english isn't my first language so I guess I said something funny

You're fine, the user that responded to you is just painfully not funny.

I'M NOT GONNA HAVE SOME BLASTED GOVERNMENT BUREAUCRAT TELL ME HOW TO RUN MY BUSINESS

Idk why everyone on this board likes Madvillainy better than Mm.. Food. The skits are way better and more interesting on Food. Madvillainy has too much filler.

Pretty sure the consensus that Madvillainy is better is changing slowly. Madvillainly just hasn't aged that well. It's one of the GOAT producers working with one of the GOAT MCs and there are obviously moments of brilliance but it's pretty clear that it's two completely voices working on the same project and they don't always work well together.

Hip-hop has evolved in a way that the massive gap between producer and rapper is closing. Kanye and Kendrick are the most dominant voices of the last decade and both are guys that take the driver's seat of the music in a way that transcends "guy rapping over beats some other guy emailed him."

I think of it like pop or rock. Elvis, Billie Holiday, Sinatra, etc. did some phenomenal shit interpreting songs other people wrote, some of the best music of all time got recorded that way, but once Chuck Berry and Buddy Holly and then the Beatles and Dylan started writing their own music that was just about it forever.

Jej.

I just like it because Lets Nab Oprah introduced me to Doom and company in the first place. There will always be an element of nostalgia for Madvillainy and The Mouse and The Mask that none of the other albums have for me.

That's an interesting thought and it does make the future of rap to come sound really exciting,but to me it doesn't really feel like much of an issue for madvillain in particular, i always felt that a lot of the madlib production was a compliment to the kind of vibe i get from DOOM aside from the fact that I could probably listen to an instrumental version of the album and enjoy most of the tracks.

That said, MM food was my first Doom album,and being a 15 year old or so and getting beef rap and then rap snitch knishes in my youtube recs after i just started listening to gangsta rap,goddamn that was the most I've laughed listening to music. I'd rate one or the other slightly more highly on any given day I think.

Whenever I'm expecting a lot of company -haven't had a lot of company in a long time- but if I were expecting some, I'd whip up a really (ugh) substantial meal. You see how strong I am? (heh), it's from eating all this stuff

fuck...this just made me realize that other people have listened to the same music I have. I don't know why but I've never really made sense of that until now

people do that all the time, actually. maybe it's some meme that i'm not in on.

He isn't though. The skits on college dropout are great

bump

Have you never left your home in your entire life

Liquid swords had the best. Especially the first song

you also never realized there's a mini DOOM sitting under the table

kek

>36 chambers
>liquid swords
>funcrusher plus
>deltron 3030
how could you be so wrong

THATS RIGHT YOU'LL NEVER STOP ME YOU'RE DEAD YOU'RE ALL DEAD