What is Sup Forums's obsession with "objectivity"?

What is Sup Forums's obsession with "objectivity"?
>you're not allowed to like music that's not widely accepted as amazing

For example, if I post that Graduation is my favorite overall album, I'm laughed out of the thread because Kanye's better work isn't preferred in my personal opinion.

>really makes me think

ugh black people "humor"

Personally I'm really impressed he was able to squeeze it in such a precise way like that

>For example, if I post that Graduation is my favorite overall album, I'm laughed out of the thread because Kanye's better work isn't preferred in my personal opinion.
It's more about you not being able to defend your opinion using thorough musical analysis

If you don't think that's funny you have a mental defect

More like white people pretending they are black

>being white
>considered a mental defect
I always thought Sup Forums was exaggerating...but I mean, do you actually think like this?

yeah i guess i don't browse facebook enough to find it funny

I wasn't claiming Graduation to be his best work in that example. Why do I have to defend an opinion? Perhaps, it's my favorite album because I listened to a lot during a certain time in my life or I relate a lot to the lyrics. My "opinion" on a "favorite" piece doesn't have to be defended and it's based in subjectivity entirely.

oh no no no no nonono ooouuuhohohooooh AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

>Why do I have to defend an opinion?
because you made it public dumbass. could have kept it to yourself
if you can't bother explaining why that albm is ur fav prepared to get shitted on .

Ok you know what? I see you whiny children all the fucking time. I'm going to address this post in a list fashion.
1. Pointless
You didn't need to make this thread. You, and all the other spamfags, don't need to make the same posts day in and day out like a bunch of robots.
2. Stupid opinion
Graduation is by far Kanye's worst album. It's just the most popular parts of Dropout and LR mashed together in a gross product that's clearly designed to make money
3. Music can be objectively better
Personal taste and music quality are two separate things. For example Trout Mask Replica is clearly captain beefheart's most complicated and thoroughly crafted albums, but I listen to mirror man and safe as milk way more often. I like those albums better but I can acknowledge TMR is superior.
4. You're a whiny cunt
You're like the guy who knows everything but constantly reminds people of that fact by spewing his knowledge like people care. You're like the depressed kid who nobody gives a shit about because all he does is complain. You're like a kid whose parents don't have an answer for and they get so pissed that they say "because I said so". You're such a sniveling douche that you don't deserve an explanation. You're a piece of shit because I said so, and you can't do anything about it because you can't say you're not. You're a piece of shit.
5. You're clearly just trying to get people mad
There's no point to this. This thread could have been a conversation. "Why do Kanye fans underrate Graduation? It's my personal favorite." But no you had to pull the "mu is a hivemind" shit, the strawman, and the victimizing, all in one post. It's like if I tried to hook up with a girl, which would work better? A buildup to my point or just me walking up and saying "I'm only talking to you on the off chance that my penis ends up somewhere in your body"? The first one, obviously.

To summarize: it's not that you're wrong. It's the fact that you're insufferable.

bad take. if you are going to baselessy claim that an album is your favorite, you are perfectly free to do that, but others are as equally free to disagree with you and say they don't like it. if however you are going to try to say that it is good based solely on the fact that you listened to it when you were a depressed highschool no one is going to take you seriously and you do owe a better explanation in terms of the actual music

good take

>"I'm only talking to you on the off chance that my penis ends up somewhere in your body"? The first one, obviously.
not him. but that wrked once at a party once :)

I'm white and I find it 5.5/10 funny. The kind of whiteness you're referencing is a mental defect by most reasonable definitions though, at least as it functions in the 21st c. social climate. Context is important and you're autistic, fuck off back to /r/the_donald

please use spacing. not gonna read this convoluted mess of shit because you're too afraid of being called a redditor

please explain the humour in it, I fail to see any

the foam looking like a female body is mildly amusing but the text is typical nig overkill

>making this post
>accusing anyone of being an autist
lmao, you literally rate jokes on a pitchfork rating scale

Ok you know what? I see you whiny children all the fucking time. I'm going to address this post in a list fashion.

1. Pointless
You didn't need to make this thread. You, and all the other spamfags, don't need to make the same posts day in and day out like a bunch of robots.

2. Stupid opinion
Graduation is by far Kanye's worst album. It's just the most popular parts of Dropout and LR mashed together in a gross product that's clearly designed to make money

3. Music can be objectively better
Personal taste and music quality are two separate things. For example Trout Mask Replica is clearly captain beefheart's most complicated and thoroughly crafted albums, but I listen to mirror man and safe as milk way more often. I like those albums better but I can acknowledge TMR is superior.

4. You're a whiny cunt
You're like the guy who knows everything but constantly reminds people of that fact by spewing his knowledge like people care. You're like the depressed kid who nobody gives a shit about because all he does is complain. You're like a kid whose parents don't have an answer for and they get so pissed that they say "because I said so". You're such a sniveling douche that you don't deserve an explanation. You're a piece of shit because I said so, and you can't do anything about it because you can't say you're not. You're a piece of shit.

5. You're clearly just trying to get people mad
There's no point to this. This thread could have been a conversation. "Why do Kanye fans underrate Graduation? It's my personal favorite." But no you had to pull the "mu is a hivemind" shit, the strawman, and the victimizing, all in one post. It's like if I tried to hook up with a girl, which would work better? A buildup to my point or just me walking up and saying "I'm only talking to you on the off chance that my penis ends up somewhere in your body"? The first one, obviously.

To summarize: it's not that you're wrong. It's the fact that you're insufferable.

t. redditor

durr that a lot of words. not gonna read this convoluted mess of shit because I'm afraid it will prove me wrong

>I like those albums better but I can acknowledge TMR is superior.
sounds like you're letting "expert's" opinions influence you. if it is truly superior for you then you would like it more.

JS Bach's Goldberg Variations are undoubtedly one of the greatest musical compositions of all time, I however have listened to Belle and Sebastian's Are you Feeling Sinister considerably more times, does that mean I have to admit to myself that some cuties twee pop album is the greater musical achievement?

Yeah that's my point. I wasn't saying it was good just because it's my favorite. I'm just saying I personally enjoy it regardless of it's musical quality.

Graduation was just an example for the thread. My opinion that an album is my favorite isn't stupid. My opinion that an album is good CAN be stupid. That's the difference. Of course there's objectivity in music. I was never arguing against that.
>1, 4, 5
>pic related

Kek

LR is objectively his worst and most poorly dated album

Why the fuck do you care what other people think? Most people on this site are only here to take the piss out of everyone, and some cumstain telling you that your favorite album sucks shouldn't affect you in any way. What you get out of music is your prerogative and nobody else's.

Objectivity is not consensus you ducking retard. Objectivity is mathematical, even if everyone agrees that a song is bad it could still be objectively good and those people are just morons like yourself.

>Music can be objectively better
dropped, embarrassing belief

>ducking retard
appropriate seeing as everyones point is going right over his head

>Objectively
Stop using this word when you really mean "this is my personal opinion and I wont defend or argue for it" bwcause that's what its being used for.

LR hasnt aged at all in my opinion, songs like roses or addiction or drive slow or hey mama or gone have all held up to this day. It also is one of the best by many fans and critics, comparable to the acclaim from CD or MBDTF

OII DAM BOI TELL DEM MOTHERFUCCERS.

SHIETTTTT

99% of the time it's just bait

I do think this is funny

yeah you are legit dumb. that made zero sense

>Why do I have to defend an opinion?
Why do you get upset when we shit an invalid one?

>it's my favorite album because I listened to a lot during a certain time in my life or I relate a lot to the lyrics
PRO-TIP: this is not what we are asking for

rating out of 10 is p4k?

I rate the implication of this post a 2/10