*kills shoegaze*

>*kills shoegaze*
>huh... nothing personal slowdive

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqADIBkovA
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>posting Super Hans from Peep Show on Sup Forums

Shoegaze died because it was pretentious and because there was literally nowhere else to go with the genre. All the chord progressions that sound any good with absurd amounts of reverb applied to them were used up.

He didn't, but it would be funny if he had.
>Kill Shoegaze, make Andy Bell your servant.

Crazy that neither Noel or liam thought this was good enough to be a LP material

what a godawful fucking post

I don't think it had anything to do with that. They wanted to be a band like the Beatles and have lots of phenomenal b-side material. It only seems foolish in retrospect since Noel's creative talents dropped off almost completely.

Write a shoegaze song that isn't a godawful retread and get back to me. Loser.

Wow you're really fucking retarded aren't you

Noel I'll annoel ya

Are these the same people who think that Nirvana killed hair metal?

>chord sequences are only allowed to be used once (1) per genre
You are not an intelligent fellow

Oasis came of age in an era where new singles by indie bands were almost as much of an event as new full-length LPs by them. You look at the singles released by bands like The Smiths or The Fall or The Stone Roses and you realize all of them frequently had B-side songs that were just as fantastic as the A-side.

The first reason why Oasis put out so much great shit on B-sides was because all the bands that they loved did the same. The second reason was because they were simply so arrogant that they figured they could keep that up forever.

There's also the matter of putting together an album that flows well, and a lot of songs that work great as B-sides on singles wouldn't necessarily work well on albums.

It did though.

That's not how it works, moron. In pop music you can apply a chord progression in any number of contexts. Shoegaze is literally a tiny niche defined by its restrictiveness.

Daily reminder that Kevin Shields genuinely believes that Britpop was part of a government conspiracy.

youtube.com/watch?v=ZNqADIBkovA

now he's trying to bring it back

>. Shoegaze is literally a tiny niche defined by its restrictiveness.
Which is what? Guitar effects, atmosphere and tempo?

Again, many chord sequences can be used in that context. learn2play an instrument

Maybe shoegaze just tends to appeal to people with some kind of mental illness. Loveless was a really cool album but at a certain point you just have to admit that there's nothing else left to achieve. It died because it was dead. Everything since then has just been like fan service for people with regressive tastes.

don't engage

>music is a contest
Stop posting

I've been playing instruments for 20 years. Are you even old enough to remember these bands as anything other than an interest you can select on Facebook?

*kills britpop*

Pssh... nothing personal Oasis

>I've been playing instruments for 20 years
Nice. I've been playing for 21.

Try your argument again.

I know you're afraid after coming in last place in every other area of your life, it's ok.

Yes, its specifically a Smiths thing I recall from interviews (as with Suede). Suede have a collection called Sci-fi Lullabies which is the equivalent of The Masterplan in their discography.

>I've been playing instruments for 20 years
You must not have gotten far if you think chord sequences can only be used once per genre.

So you're what, 30, 35? 40?

wrong pic sorry guys

liam is an untalented oaf

literally stole a career

Your mom is used up. It's not because I fucked her once. It's because I fucked her so many times that there was nothing valuable left inside her. People still fuck her, but it's boring and you can't feel anything.

Does that help?

And here's what you mongoloids don't understand.

Most musical genres have like, 45 cunts. Shoegaze had one. It's loose now. It's over.

Now you just sound like a virgin talking about sex

Your posts just keep getting more and more embarrassing

Is there actually a grown ass man out there somewhere unironically writing this childish shit? Dude, seek help. There's no shitty mom joke in the world that's going to top the punchline that is your life right now. It's tragic.

most angry person of the day award tbqh

>mfw there are white people who really believe that their equal temperament system is still capable of producing original and thought-provoking music

>person
kek

No white supremacy in this thread please

Shouldn't you be mourning Lil Peep right now?

It never died you heathen stop defending britpop

>All the chord progressions were used up
You could say this about any genre

Name a genre white people love that isn't dead.

i was just thinking to myself how much popular music changed in the 50s, 60s, 70s, 80s, 90s.

and then... nothing? it seems like all the music this millennium was so backward-looking. i don't get it.

>and then... nothing?
kek

post modernism

t. pitchfork writer

I enjoyed your post user.

Aren't we on post-post-modernism now?

you're trying so hard

americans will never understand oasis

>overage detected

That's because it was

imagine being as old as that guy and still being on Sup Forums

yeah, like you didn't tell yourself the same thing when you were 13, "i'll never be on Sup Forums when i'm 14"

and yet here you are

counter argument - im 13

I can't name any genre at all that isn't dead

His new singles have all been great

The reality is that a lot of watered-down post gaze bands like Adorable and Verve came along and people weren't particularly interested anymore. A lot of aggressive and pathos laden hit records appeared in 1992-1993, like Fontanelle. Suede and Blur then shifted things away from that Madchester-shoegaze dichotomy entirely and critics and the label buried Slowdive for being dated. Oasis had more to do with killing off the vestiges of grunge

My Vitriol and that entire scene appeared a few years later anyway

>Verve
>watered down
Kys

I dunno if I would include Madchester in that grouping but yeah.

I remember seeing the Catherine Wheel in 2000 at a festival. For every other act the crowd was jumping around and having a good time. When they were on stage it was like a fucking graveyard.