He doesn't think synthpop is best genre

>he doesn't think synthpop is best genre

>kraftwerk, the human league, thomas dolby, new order, gary numan, ladytron, the knife, fever ray, chvrches, omd, new musik, ultravox, telex, ann steel, solid space, depeche mode, propaganda, yazoo, royksopp, iamamiwhoami, crystal castles, goldfrapp, grimes, la roux, computer magic, wolfsheim, robyn, john maus, tears for fears, soft cell, japan, yellow magic orchestra, art of noise, polica, purity ring
I mean come on

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/OTnH3zs8wRo
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Fuck off Lavren you roastie

John maus, Tears for Fears, and YMO are literally the only good artists in that list, but thats not to say synth pop isnt good its just a lot of artists suck at it.

How pleb could you be? Don't you like even Kraftwerk?

>kraftwerk
>synthpop
pick one

No, when I was a kid I watched the movie "Robots" and had a nightmare the same night about waking up as the only human in a world of robots and they all bullied me and made fun of my skin because it wasnt metallic like theirs.

Ever since then I cant stand anything with robotic themes because it brings back those dark memories.

That's weird. Whatever floats your boat.
Both. Kraftwerk were the pioneers of synthpop, besides older novelty tunes like Hot Butter - Popcorn. They called it technopop but it's the same thing.

bump

>he doesn't think [genre I like] is best genre

>[a bunch of artist from said genre]
I mean come on

kys

Wtf, I hate Synthpop now!

I do love it, but most of it you can file under New Wave, and, most of the rest under Post-Punk.

So, broadly i rank ny favourites as:
- Post-Punk
- New Wave
- Black Metal

Still, you are looking at it wrong. Your favourite genre isn't the one with ghe greatest highs, rather, the one that even when you've got a turd of a recording, is one that is still amenable to you.

I seen Tears For Fears live. They stripped back all their songs, done Gary Jules' 'Mad World' instead of their own. Sad! There was a black midget dressed like Prince behind me, standing on his seat, singing and dancing. He should have been on stage instead.

Hunan League do a great show, Seconds and Empire State Human roar and stomp live.

Gary Numan is incredible and injects Industrial into his old songs. I just wish he'd can his atheist crap. If I wanted mallgoth, i'd be at a Lil Peep show.

why would I listen to music with just synths and vocals when I could listen to music with synths, vocals, electric guitar, electric bass, flute, bells, drums, harmonica, spoken word, gregorian chants and throat singing?

>i disagree with your point/your attitude in getting a point across
>kys
come on
kys

>dismissing a whole genre

Pleb

Beause more != better

>dismissing iamamiwhoami

Sincerely hope you don't do that.

youtu.be/OTnH3zs8wRo

>not being a maximalist

you didn't answer my question (you can't)

that was my post impostor!
i like your additions tho ;)

>he thinks genre exists in a post-record store age

>not solid space or new musik
how you doin pleberino

no horse shit I'm genuinely related to Iain Cook, hes a pretty cool dude as well as his band-mates
would post proof but don't want autists cancelling my credit card.

aerogramme is dope. weird he took such a random ass path like starting a synthpop band. i guess they increased monies don't hurt

>when I could listen to music with synths, vocals, electric guitar, electric bass, flute, bells, drums, harmonica, spoken word, gregorian chants and throat singing?
post artists

do you talk about the op? iamamiwhoami is in the list. i like them.

the best genre is onkyokei

PS:Best here means, the best songs of the genre are better than the best songs of another genre

No. Guys like dis

oh, that's just a narrow-minded pleb. i've never heard of someone who likes ymo but not kraftwerk.

Good pic. Love that song

babbys first avant teen music

>buttnose

She does look like she'd be a rostie doesn't she

end your life right this moment

>your cute-as-a-button waifu is getting piped down by some Chad millionaire who isn't her s/o right now

I don't have a waifu

But I have so much more life to live. I'm only a mere 21

Spotted the toasty roastie

Total bitch to our buddy brandon

>new wave = pepe
>synthpop = apu
Seriously think about it

We know he was told to app and he didn't when people said she posts here and knows someone he knows from mopeds. We don't need to discuss it every thread

Holy shit you guys, Lavren's bangs grew out, we're getting a new CHV3 visible forehead cute Lavren!

Also, who's genuinely excited to hear the chv3 material?

i like lavren's qt fivehead

Yeah and brandon is too. He likes the music but I feel you on you animosity. He was told to stop.

Wtf who has favorite genres like this
Do people really just uncritically lose their shit for a particular sound or aesthetic so much that they'll eat up whatever garbage is sold to them?
Genre fans, not even once. Aside from the baseline level of retardation you need to even call yourself a fan of [x] genre, you turn into a bitter cunt who calls people plebs for only listening to the best releases from your genre and skipping over all the boring or derivative shit you listen to for some reason.

>Kraftwerk
>Synthpop
What

Why not? Pop melodies + synthesizer driven sound = synthpop. Not all their albums are synthpop, though.

>kraftwerk, the human league, thomas dolby, new order, gary numan, ladytron, the knife, fever ray, chvrches, omd, new musik, ultravox, telex, ann steel, solid space, depeche mode, propaganda, yazoo, royksopp, iamamiwhoami, crystal castles, goldfrapp, grimes, la roux, computer magic, wolfsheim, robyn, john maus, tears for fears, soft cell, japan, yellow magic orchestra, art of noise, polica, purity ring
literally all of these are shit except for new order and soft cell. kraftwork is only good because of how influential they were. grimes is especially terrible

stop trying to force this pathetic psy-op grimes. your music is terrible and synthpop is generally really fucking bad

Brandon could have been a Chad but he just wanted to be a fat loser.

>kraftwork
>this pleb can't even spell their name
Shut up, ignorant. You're embarrassing.

>founding an entire argument on nitpicking spelling
you may as well have not said anything at all

>naming bands that came after 1991, whenever the hell Violator was released

You come on. But yes, it is a very good genre.

>not Japan, China Crisis, Soft Cell, Martin Dupont, Orchestral Manoeuvres in the Dark first three albums
Ummm no sweetie

Ship opinion, regardless of that spelling.

>pleb detected
Many of those artists are post 1990: ladytron, the knife, fever ray, chvrches, royksopp, iamamiwhoami, crystal castles, goldfrapp, grimes, la roux, computer magic, polica, purity ring, robyn, john maus, polica, purity ring. Do your homework, ignorant.

learn how to read

>Ship opinion
Shit opinion, regardless of that spelling.

Yes, and I'm suggesting that if you closely examine the quality of the music produced by those acts, you will see that they're all shit. Have another smug dave face.

you just KNOW it's that grimesfag making all of these threads

It's Brandon

I'm suggesting you to closely examine the quality of your subpar taste.

wow not one of those bands is good

synthpop best pop

Your taste is not good. You're the problem, user.

and why should anybody take your opinion of what constitutes """good"""" taste seriously?

Because I'm the master of good taste. Problem?

lmao you're pathetic. go back to your containment grimesthread and stop shitting up this board

i want all four of them to love me
pls

Lmao. Look who's talking: a shitposter that didn't post even ONE music related thing ITT. Move your ass out of this thread, dumbo.

it's ok friend, i'm a lavren/grimesfag lets just get along

King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard on Polygondwanaland, specifically

>that didn't post even ONE music related thing ITT
my first post was talking about how all of the MUSIC artists you posted are shit
>pretending to be me to protect the Sup Forums reputation of your waifus
what is wrong with you?

Ambient Techno is objectively the best genre.

I'M THE lavrenfag, don't pretend lmao

nice bait

Brandon needs to break her spell

>azn lavren
my heart

i hate brandon, dumb fuck. life's not easy, you're 27 idiot, don't even try to pretend you know what you're doing by now. just accept you're going by the motions moron. it's ok.

retard you moved to Richmond for nothing, you had nothing to show off, no abilities, nothing. what do you want you fuck? you didnt even graduate from college??

Nice quads but that's Brandon. He had irl connections to her he threw away.

i tried to help brandon bruh. i don't care if he's the first

He moved there because he had to get out of newport news, knows people there from mopeds, and the social opportunity. Things fell apart having a shirty and literally crazy roommate. Seems he wants to go back and I can't help but qgree, he needs to get out of under his parents.

Something about his parents wouldn't stop calling him and fucking with him and falling into depression again when he could have been going to shows and Shit every night like he said he wanted to to be around people and make some relationships he never had the chance to in newport news. He's broken, gets to fix it, then things go wrong

you have to accept some unpleasant shit when you're strapped for cash. brandon thinks he's some trust fund fund fuck like the strokes but he's not, and that's the reason i tried to help him. he's real. but sometimes you can't go back, you have to make do with the garbage you have. brandon wants the best, but he himself does not offer the best ya feel me?

He's to blame and his parents, he was telling me he was trying to save and was working but his parents kept fucking with him and even calling his roommates cell. He got bad off and kept drinking himself to sleep every night because of it than taking the chances to at least enjoy something. I know he's not an idiot and had money issues as well as other things but I know he can do it and make something of himself and have a life he just needs to get away from his parents and their bill shot that keeps dragging him down. If they shut the fuck up and left him alone to do his own shit he's probably be in a better place.

Even if he does do something with his life his youth is still gone he missed out on those years and he'll never have them back ever again. Everyone tried to help him and everyone tried to save him he just has problems that are too deep set that he can't seem to get rid of. I heard about what happened with his roommate in the guy sounded like a complete nut job and I also heard why he made the decision to move in with the guy because of a situation that he was in. Apparently the guy would talk to himself and when talk about really grandos things like being a multi-millionaire contractor multiple black belt martial artists and try to charge Brandon for random things like listening to music in his room walking around the house and even setting close down on the rug in the room that he had rented. He said that he was going to charge him $20 a pop every time he caught him with his headphones and because it was disrespectful he tried to bullshit him on the security deposit that Brandon said that he had already paid and he had a apparent oriental rug that he wanted Brandon to pay $400 to get cleaned simply because he set his clothes down on it. Branded would say that he would wake up in the dead of night with the guy screaming no to the top of his lungs over and over and not knowing what was going on sounds like the guy was a nutcase and it seems like it was in his best interest to get out of there before anything happened to him. I feel that he is just in the Shady place right now in hates his life and everything that's going on in it right now and wants to get back to Richmond and try to make some changes for himself in a more positive way especially socially. He had said that he wants to get to Richmond and get himself into training for some trade or even trying to get a degree in something so it seems like he wants to head in the right direction but he just has a lot of issues right now that he needs to get over

nah dude, blaming your parents is the easy way. i mean, sure, if you want to keep a framework of all your failures it's gonna work out, but if you try to strive it all falls apart.

traumas are great for rationalizing your past, but they fall apart when you start thinking about your future

He's just broken and its so sad to see him miss out, try and fall face first. I know he wants better.

i now that, it's painful, it's sad. i'm an old lavrenfag, but he has to accept responsibility i tried to get him into admin jobs or ms office jobs which are easy to get with a high school diploma but i dont know what the fuck he wants

it's sad but it's what he wants

>our buddy brandon

>health care voter
>aka pay for my shit

she pays more taxes than you ever will

I think the real thing is, he doesn't know what he wants. I think he had direction at some point but lost it and is just confused and has no idea what he really wants to do.

That sounds more like it. He's just going through the motions with no actual direction. He's just trying to get by and dwelling on what could have been and what he could have been than what he can be. I think he needs to figure something out or be content with what he's doing with his life and where he's heading..which is no where but a dead end, scraping by check to check because that what people made him think that was all he's worth.

Why are you people gossiping like school girls itt?

Trying to figure out what the fuck happened to Brandon and why he hasn't bettered himself and his life. Going by the minimum or doing flat out nothing to do with his situation and how no one can understand why he just fucks his Shit up then whines about it later. So many have tried to help, he disappointed and pissed off a lot of people in his life because of those actions. We just don't get why some would wallow in pity and loathing, ignore help and advice, then whine about it later when everyone he's been around know he's more than capable to do something with his fucking life.

He's the TRUE larvenfag, not the first.

I get that. You like writing your own daytime soap opera plots. Why are you doing it on a MUSIC discussion board?

see

post laurens

>my first post was talking about how all of the MUSIC artists you posted are shit
That isn't music discussion, that's plain shitposting. Move out of my way, pleb, you're blocking my view.

>you will NEVER be lavrens human toilet
WHY THE FUCK DO I EVEN BOTHER WAKING UP