twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

like em but embarrassed cause gay

my black brother loves them

Velocifero was 9/10 at least, the rest is hyped

>he's not gay
what a faggot

Are you embarrassed because you're gay?

i am but i don't wanna be fem. ladytron is too gay

What is gay about them? Just because their singers have short hair?

Those girls have perfect faces.

I loved seeing them support NIN about 10 years ago.

They are just lovely live. Also unlike that other poster, Velocifero wasn't their only good one. All their albums have some real highlights on. I think Witching Hour is their best album though, it's just lovely, especially the gothic majesty of Beauty*2 or the hyperfuturistic city planning anthem that is Destroy Everything You Touch. There's nothing quite like that last one, so many layers, so clean and bright sounding

youtube.com/watch?v=sBmpgu-cb4I

there's nothing gay about them use i want to fuggboth qts

Good post, user. You're right about Velocifero not being their only good one. Each Ladytron album has plenty of superb songs. If you dig their style it's impossible to not like the majority of their songs.
>I loved seeing them support NIN about 10 years ago.
Did you know about them before that show?

>Did you know about them before that show?

I had heard of them but had never actually checked them out, so I was hearing all their material for the first time.

I pretty much just loved it immediately, got all their albums after that. I probably enjoyed their concert more than NIN's part. When playing live, they filled out the concert with a live drummer and live bassist, so there were a lot of them on stage. The bassist was female and also a total qt and I was mesmerised by watching her swaying back and forth just totally getting into the jams.

Also the ladytrons themselves did cute little dance moves to the lyrics, like when Helen says "shakes your hand" in Destroy, she put her little fist up in the air like an angry girl at a little protest.

By then they had dropped the black uniforms and were more individual in their look, Mira was looking very elegant in a black dress.

It was magical really, just a wonderful performance. You just don't get bands like that at the moment.

I want Helen Marnie's ass on my face

That's cool.
>I had heard of them but had never actually checked them out, so I was hearing all their material for the first time.
I bet they played mostly songs from Witching Hour.
>I pretty much just loved it immediately, got all their albums after that. I probably enjoyed their concert more than NIN's part. When playing live, they filled out the concert with a live drummer and live bassist, so there were a lot of them on stage. The bassist was female and also a total qt and I was mesmerised by watching her swaying back and forth just totally getting into the jams.
Yes, they had a female bassist for a while. Her name is Andrea Goldsworthy. Such a shame she left the live band.
>Also the ladytrons themselves did cute little dance moves to the lyrics, like when Helen says "shakes your hand" in Destroy, she put her little fist up in the air like an angry girl at a little protest.
Another signature move of Helen is hands on hips: youtube.com/watch?v=ya0H86ogOzU

Discuss their music.

That's a really cool mix of Evil, I like it a lot, the video made me laugh a bit with all the awkward zoom into Helen's face, seemed a bit intrusive

>Can I copy your homework?
>Yeah just change it up a bit so it doesn't look obvious you copied
>OK

That's the single version (Ewan Pearson mix). Did you listen to the fabulous Blue Jeans single version? youtube.com/watch?v=xJ_WXoeRXJg The best post-punk song I've ever heard.

Nice try. Now post a Kraftwerk song like this: youtube.com/watch?v=VvK_AY5gfeY So?

These guys are from Germany and who gives a shit

HNNNGGG

They're okay but I'd rather just listen to Roxy music or Kraftwerk.

Did anyone here listen to Marnie's solo albums?

But they don't sound like them, bro, bar a few influences. Ladytron are not replaceable.

No, not heard this version I really like it, thanks.

>electro band with four people
>band uses moog minimoog, korg ms-20, arps, and roland tr drum machine
>lyrics about things like supermarkets, televisions, models, and inability to express your feelings
>lyrics delivered in a deadpan, emotionless voice

You're welcome. Did you hear about their NIN remixes? I can't find the Capital G remix, only the Beginning of the End remix: youtube.com/watch?v=5ylNouC3_S8

>lyrics delivered in a deadpan, emotionless voice
I hope you meant only Kraftwerk. Be honest: does this youtube.com/watch?v=gWKSSl_Xm-U sound emotionless to you?

I'm talking about Ladytron circa 604 and Light & Magic

Fair enough. But even at that time they sounded more like The Human League than Kraftwerk. He Took Her to a Movie is literally their only obvious Kraftwerk influence.

I disagree - the lyrical content, the lyric's delivery, and the instruments used more closely resemble Kraftwerk

Kraftwerk are far more conceptual and robotic. The sound palette is different too; Ladytron have dream-pop and house influences. Nobody in their right mind could confuse these 2 bands.

>Ladytron have dream-pop and house influences
You must be talking about Witching Hour

Even on their first 2 albums. e.g. Flicking Your Switch has an obvious house beat and vocal delivery of Playgirl is dream pop.

>vocal delivery of Playgirl is dream pop.
That's stretching it...

I keep seeing Ladytron threads. When did they become relevant again? New album? Did I take a time machine to 2004?

A little. But they're clearly more than synthpop. e.g. Does this piece youtube.com/watch?v=cfcfN5KOnEs sound like synthpop?

I don't want to listen to any more Ladytron, dude. You've shown me several songs and you've only entrenched my belief that they are Kraftwerk copyists. Even if some of their songs are also derivative of other things, like the Human League and house or dream pop, I'm not convinced that makes them a good band - much less a band that I would want to listen to. I'll listen to some more of their music post-Light & Magic eventually, and try to weigh it on it's own merits - even if their earliest albums left a really bad impression.

OK, so you're a dumb hipster who judge bands based more on influence and context instead of the actual music. You heard some synth-based pop songs and assumed they're Kraftwerk copyists. Do you say the same kind of thing about rock bands, that they're The Beatles copyists? Do you see how silly you are?
FIY I doubt that you even listened to their music, bar a few seconds here and there.
>Even if some of their songs are also derivative of other things, like the Human League and house or dream pop
Those are influences, not derivative things. Learn the difference. Any band is influenced by older music. e.g. Kraftwerk were influenced by The Beach Boys when they did Autobahn.

By the way, you whine like an idiot that a synthpop band sound like... synthpop. Stay pleb.

Ladytronposter,

Dedicated to vehemently defending one shitty synthpop band since the beginning of time,

Whose autism knows no bounds,

May we thank him for making yet another thread.

Amen.

>whiny pleb complaining about music discussion
Nice try, autist. But you're wrong on every level. Move your shitposting somewhere else.

I think of them whenever I put on a pair of bluejeans. So, like erryday.

>OK, so you're a dumb hipster who judge bands based more on influence and context instead of the actual music.
No, you just posted Ladytron songs repeatedly until I got tired of arguing with you. It doesn't matter how many times I show that you're wrong; you'll just come back with another song that's just slightly different and say "Well, what about THIS one?". You show no signs of letting up - you could do this until the end of their discography, and I'm not going to discuss every single song in their catalog. You have better endurance than me. I draw the line here. I'm done.

That's not true. I like plenty of synthpop bands. I just don't like bad synthpop.

OK, you don't like this band.
>you'll just come back with another song that's just slightly different
>implying Zmeyka is just slightly different than All the Way, Playgirl, High Rise, Evil or Blue Jeans
I doubt that you even listen to them. Those songs are completely different to each other. You didn't even post a Kraftwerk song like High Rise. I asked you there You have no arguments besides repeating the same subjective opinions.
>I draw the line here. I'm done.
Then move out of here. I'm not going to miss your contrarian opinions. You refuse to change your mind despite the evidence that you're wrong. You're set in the "Ladytron are copycats/bad" mode. Shame.

Hot Chip remix of Destroy Everything You Touch is their only thing of merit.

>I just don't like bad synthpop
Did you hear about this bro, Brian Eno? Watch him speaking about this band: youtube.com/watch?v=RS0NGfXSz68 Do you realize now how silly you are?

A mediocre remix better than the original? You disappoint me, son. FIY I like Hot Chip in general.

*FYI

Witching Hour is a pop masterpiece

100% agree. Favorite songs from WH?

Yeah, I thought you'd try to get the last word in. You seen like the type.

Don't try to take the moral high ground. You already decided that Ladytron are great and nothing I can say or do will change your mind.

If you believe Brian Eno is the ultimate authority on music, you must think the albums he produced for Coldplay and U2 are among the best records of all time.

>you must think the albums he produced for Coldplay and U2 are among the best records of all time.
I actually don't believe that. But I admit that the production (End did production) of those albums is great. Hating U2 and Coldplay is a very silly move. Those bands many good songs - that's more than 99% of all hipster bands out there.
>Don't try to take the moral high ground. You already decided that Ladytron are great and nothing I can say or do will change your mind.
You should unironically listen to all their albums. Then we're talking.

why are you trying to change this guy's honest opinion on something? he thinks your band is derivative and not as good as you think they are, get over yourself for real. music discussion is always good to see but these threads always devolve into semantics because you won't take anyone who doesn't like this band as much as you do at their word. then again anyone that uses the word "hipster" is usually somewhat insecure but i'm not here to psychoanalyze you

Because he admitted that he didn't give this band a fair chance. He claimed some things that he didn't proved.
>your band
It's not my band.

is this the grimes thread

No. Go here

High Rise
Destroy Everything You Touch
International Dateline
Whitelightgenerator
All the Way...

Fuck, it's just so good

I want you to listen to No Line On The Horizon and Mylo Xyloto and tell me that Brian Eno has never made a poor music-related decision

OK, those albums are mediocre at best. The songwriting may suck, but the actual production is good. Eno did his job but he can't compensate the poor songwriting. On the other hand, The Joshua Tree, Achtung Baby, Zooropa and Viva La Vida are 4 good Eno-produced albums.

Describe some things about the production that you liked. Be as specific as possible. I want to make sure that you actually listened to these two albums.

Hold on a minute: why talking about these artists in a Ladytron thread? If you're so curious, why don't you create a separate thread?

Three reasons: you brought Brian Eno into the discussion. Brian Eno has said that "Ladytron is the best of pop music". You seem to believe that Brian Eno is infallible with regards to music. You have said that I'm silly to disagree with his opinions. If you prove that Brian Eno always produces work of the highest quality, it will support your argument that Ladytron is a good band.

Second, you have accused me of not listening to Ladytron. If you pretend to know music you've never heard, you are very hypocritical. You should be able to prove that you have heard these albums very easily - provided you aren't talking out of your own ass - and we can resume talking about Ladytron.

Third, I want you to hear these albums. Many times, if possible. I feel you deserve them.

>You seem to believe that Brian Eno is infallible with regards to music.
Did I say that? Those are just your assumptions.
>If you prove that Brian Eno always produces work of the highest quality, it will support your argument that Ladytron is a good band.
Strawman. That wasn't the point. The point was that a legend like Eno praised Ladytron. Now, what are you trying to do? To prove that Eno is not a legend? Silly move. I'm not playing your game.
>Second, you have accused me of not listening to Ladytron.
Yes, I did. You claimed some ridiculous things that only someone who never listened to them would say. Allow me to doubt that you actually put some effort into listening to band that you already deemed a mere Kraftwerk copycat. You don't like them, that's clear. It's very easy to criticize any band and much harder to see the positive side.
>You should be able to prove that you have heard these albums very easily - provided you aren't talking out of your own ass - and we can resume talking about Ladytron.
Why should I do that? I want to talk about Ladytron, not U2 or Coldplay. If you don't trust me that I listened to those albums, I frankly don't care.
>Third, I want you to hear these albums. Many times, if possible. I feel you deserve them.
No thanks.

>Strawman
Do you even know what that word means?

Brian Eno is definitely a legend, but despite his qualifications he repeatedly endorses terrible bands. Far from being "silly" for disagreeing with his comment about Ladytron, I am exercising healthy skepticism. Tell me, do you usually accept the words of famous people at face value?

It's clear you haven't listened to either Mylo Xyloto or No Line On The Horizon. It should be pretty easy for you to explain what you liked about these albums. I don't know why you're reducing yourself to telling lies on the Internet to defend this band, but I don't appreciate your attempts to deceive me. I can't indulge this behavior any longer.

Despite repeatedly accusing me of not listening to Ladytron, you have never been able to refute my observations as laid out in

OP, this is your mother. Please unlock the door to the basement and stopping screaming. Your father and I are worried about you. Have you been taking your medication?

>Brian Eno is definitely a legend, but despite his qualifications he repeatedly endorses terrible bands.
The consensus is that U2 did some great albums in the past and even Coldplay have at least 3 good albums (Parachutes, A Rush of Blood to the Head, Viva La Vida). You were too young to remember that both U2 and Coldplay were once acclaimed bands, son. I suggest you reading some old reviews. Start here: en.wikipedia.org/wiki/A_Rush_of_Blood_to_the_Head#Critical_reception
>It's clear you haven't listened to either Mylo Xyloto or No Line On The Horizon.
It's clear that you're still talking out of your ass. The topic is about a certain band. Don't try derailing the thread with your silly ramblings. I'm not interested.
>I can't indulge this behavior any longer.
Good. I'm sick of your stupid "arguments". You're always trying to move the discussion outside of the main topic. Stay ignorant if this is what you want. I'm done with you.

user, this is your father. Stop wasting your time on Sup Forums, you stupid son good for nothing. Your basement is filthy and you're full of shit, literally and figuratively.

Can't a band or an artist make a good album, and then a very bad one? Unlike Ladytron, where it's all bad, most artists put out works of varying quality.

>Unlike Ladytron, where it's all bad
So, you're still shitposting. Good to know.

At this point, I'm assuming they're even worse than your piss-poor job at presenting them.

Your assumption is worse than a rotten tomato. It's nice to know that your silly opinion is completely irrelevant. I'll give a 2.3/10 to your dumb attempts. At least you tried.

Still can't explain why they appropriated Kraftwerk's instruments, subject matter, vocal delivery, and aesthetic?

00-10 is a great compilation.

I love thier early stuff but haven't listened lately. Man when they're on they're on though.