I've poisoned one of these glasses. One is placed closer to you, and the other to me. Assuming you must drink one...

I've poisoned one of these glasses. One is placed closer to you, and the other to me. Assuming you must drink one, which do you choose and why?

Attached: two-glasses.jpg (275x300, 20K)

Both Caus I don’t give a fuck I’m immune

the one closer to me because i would assume in a scenario like this you would want me to pick the one closer to you hoping it would not be poisoned

Immune to what? you don't know what it's poisoned with.

Would chug both cuz i wanna die

To it all I can’t be poisoned

Uh I prefer Pepsi

Shuffle, cats, hope for the best.

Attached: image.jpg (266x265, 24K)

I play eenie meenie miney mo and try and read your body language based on where I'm going and hope.

Are you sure? I set this up this scenario and told you the details, so one would assume I know this might be your answer

chug both glasses

You know that I know one is poisoned, so I drink the one closer to me. The one closer to you more likely has the poison in. In for a dime in for a dollar.

If I don't know for sure one is poisoned then I drink yours, you having more likely poisoned mine.

You could second guess my second-guessed second guess.

So I'd toss a coin. Just as likely as trying to work it out - both are 50/50 and the coin takes less time and effort.

I flip a coin to decide which to drink and dunk my scrote in the other.

In that case, say the other person at the table was a stranger to you and I, with my intention being to poison you. which glass would you choose?

Honestly if you tell me that one is poisoned then it's a 50/50 because of the infinite loop of second guessing. I'd probably pick yours though.

Why is the one closer to me more likely to be poisoned?

Nowhere in this scenario it is said I have to actually drink so I decline. You should also put up more details so I know if its realistic for me to decline.

>Assuming you must drink one

Take both glasses and randomly exchange their position behind my back, then chose randomly, since I don't know it doesn't really matter. But at least you don't know either and there's a chance you'll kill yourself so that's even better

>I've poisoned one of these glasses. One is placed closer to you, and the other to me. Assuming you must drink one, which do you choose and why?

>must drink one

Pour half of the glass in the other one so I will be sure I die this time

Learn to fucking read

Attached: 1520361516432.jpg (772x959, 68K)

Is it a 50/50 or is there a real answer?

Homo economicus

Why would you pick mine?

Exactly. I need to know why I am assuming that. Is the situation friendly? Am I on gunpoin t?

I think you mean mine, sucker!

Option one - Normal case:
Drink the one closer to because I don't care if I live or die. This way I have to stretch my arm less and waste less energy.

Option two - "I want to survive" case:
Choose one at random, coin toss or whatever. Then if I die, I die in peace without any blame, and if I live I don't take credit for it.

Option three - "I hate you" case:
Pour from one to the other, stir, then pour from other to the first, repeat and balance the liquids.
Now both are poisoned, so either we both die, or the poison is too diluted to cause death. Either outcome is satisfactory.

>damage control

You can assume whatever reason you want to assume for why you are assuming it.

Wait for water to evaporate, then pick the one without poison residue at the bottom of the glass.

I'd say this, but it can take days or weeks for it to work.

assign heads to a glass tails to the other and flip a coin.
you could on on forever over wether you have made me think that you want me to make the decision ive made, id rather leave it in the hands of lady luck

Say you want credit for living/winning. Is there a right choice?

What kind of clothes is the poisoner wearing?

The poisoner is wearing nothing but a braves cap

Attached: atlanta_braves2.jpg (1365x1024, 192K)

Make you drink first. If you don't die i drink from yours.

I assume you would only go for 2 rounds of "he's gonna think I poisoned his, so he's gonna pick mine but he's gonna know I did that...etc.."
And I'd pick yours. Just because people are stupid and you would assume I'm stupid.

...Okay. Does he look like he's had a shower or anything in the last year or is he full hobo? Are there any signs such as chemical burns or discoloured eyes that might indicate if he regularly works with chemicals?

Statistically if I'm not told it's poisoned it's better to pick the one closer to you, and if I'm told it's the one closer to me.
Occam's razor and law of diminishing returns.

This is the closest to "right choice" you can get. But the odds are something like 52:48 or even more evenly split.
It's shitty odds to gamble your life with.

I stall for time until Martin Freeman comes to save me.

Attached: Bilbo-leaving-the-shire.jpg (513x298, 81K)

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!

This isn't like that game show problem.
The odds are 50/50 no matter what.

He appears to have showered recently. He has no discernible disfigurations, but his eyes illude you, as if you cannot focus on them without losing track of your own notion of what a human face is. it is as if this man's gaze embodies the very concept of deception

Only if the poisoner chose at random. If you can learn enough about him then it might be possible to predict where he was more likely to choose.

I hover my hand over the near cup and watch for a reaction from him.

Obviously if he starts sweating and pisses himself when you hold your hand over a glass then this problem is easy.

But in the meantime, did you choose the good bottle?

Underrated post.

Unless that's part of his game.

Overrated movie.

i drink both because i dont give a fuck

Attached: 1519039748500.png (600x468, 204K)

>must

Attached: existential comics candyland.jpg (1000x1500, 424K)

i'll take them both with lime and salt.

He utters a sound that is vaguely familiar to you, as if from a dream, though you are unsure whether it was a dream or a nightmare. his face contorts into an expression that you are entirely unfamiliar with, though you understand that there is a significance behind this reaction.

Then you're dealing with the best actor in the world who can control his body to a degree that would make it impossible to tell lie from truth.

And we're back to exactly 50/50 coin flipping.

That's not true. There's a lot of information going on.

It is a known fact that if the poisoner doesn't know I know he poisoned one, he's gonna place it closer to me, because it's a natural reflex to reach for the one closer to you (and it would arouse suspicion to do otherwise).
In that case it's very close to 80-90% success rate even.

It gets much much trickier if we know one is poisoned.
But diminishing results dictate that each "mindgame step" has exponentially less probability of being the case, so it's down to deciding which is the poisoner's initial gamble, and go with the opposite.
Usually they think we're gonna pick theirs, so we one up them.
This one is shitty odds but it's still much better than a 50/50.

I dip my finger into the far cup and move to rub it on his lips.

ITT brainlets.

Just choose the one that wasn't poisoned.

Attached: forgot how to chair.gif (437x246, 1.92M)

>if the poisoner doesn't know I know he poisoned one
Bitch what. If you don't know one is poisoned then you're just having a drink with the guy and you're obviously gonna take a drink from your own glass.

>down to deciding which is the poisoner's initial gamble
Exactly. 50/50.
You don't know which he picked. He doesn't know how familiar with psychology you are. There is zero information for either of you.

The poisoner emits an unfathomable shriek as his visage retreats from your personage, becoming increasingly vast, and increasingly distant. ten more glasses appear on the table in front of you, all poisoned, and you are unable to distinguish which among the dozen are the original two

Your vision blurs. You wake up to an erect penis in your rectum.

Two glasses stand in front of you, one tells the truth, the other only lies. one is poisoned. what do you do?

Never get involved in a land war in Asia.

God damn naked warlocks, every god damn time it's this same shit with them, I swear to god. I strip down until I am wearing nothing but a Mets cap and urinate in eleven of the glasses, then drink the remaining one.

>>poisoner doesn't know I know
>you don't know
Congrats, faggot, you failed at reading comprehension.

>Exactly. 50/50.
No it's not. Human brain is not a perfect machine and it gravitates towards certain ideas. In this case it's more likely (read: not 50/50) that the one closer to him is poisoned.
You must be retarded to try to take the human-thinking aspect out of a human-thinking problem, resort to pure statistics and then try to claim higher ground.

order 1 million of 'm because you need water diversity
REEEEEEEEEE RACIST

dunk my scrote in both for that sweet musky taste

Bypass the glasses altogether and dunk my scrote directly into my mouth.

You drink the liquid. As is probable, you die. you stand at the intersection of heaven and hell. Two glasses stand in front of two doors leading to each, one tells the truth, the other only lies. one is poisoned. you may only ask one question of them.

Then obviously both are poisoned. If you care enough to set up this elaborate murder scenario, then collateral damage is no concern.

I ask them "What's the deal with airline food?"

Glass one says: That's pretty good, go to the right for eternal paradise
Glass two says: that's not good at all, go to the left for eternal paradise

Obviously glass one is the truth teller, so I urinate in glass two and go to the right.

Drink half of each

Attached: 1340875057_by_hakaze_500.jpg (500x317, 43K)

It's iocane powder.

You turn to the right and immediately feel a warmth wash over your body. figures of pure light appear before you, singing in tones you seem to recognize, not from life, but before birth. your circumstance can only be described as an unfamiliar homecoming. you see a box containing a glass, and a quantum lock containing a deadly poison. you may either drink from the glass or not, but only one of these choices will send you forward.

I haven't got this far by not drinking, so I search for something to urinate in and then drink from the glass.

I will drink the one placed closer to me.
Because assuming, I know beforehand, and I have to choose. normal people will think the poisoner won't poison himself, so the one closer to him is safe, but the poisoner might think of that, so he puts the poison in his own cup.

If I do not know i am about to be poison, I will still drink mine, because it doesn't matter.

You drink from the glass. as you feel yourself ascending both physically and spiritually, you begin to fully understand every event that has lead to this moment, and every event that will procede. nevertheless, you adventure on to a chamber full of glasses, some exquisite, some plain. an ancient knight invites you to drink from one. which do you choose?

I seek out the glass most closely matching the ones originally used by the naked poisoner warlock, and then ask if the knight has any uncursed bottled water, as I know that I will need some serious hydration if I'm going to urinate in all these other glasses.

But it's so simple. All I have to do is divine from what I know of you: are you the sort of man who would put the poison into his own glass or his enemy's? Now, a clever man would put the poison into his own glass, because he would know that only a great fool would reach for what he was given. I am not a great fool, so I can clearly not choose the water in front of you. But you must have known I was not a great fool, you would have counted on it, so I can clearly not choose the glass in front of me.

Attached: genius.jpg (300x233, 16K)

I mix them both and drink so that I can feel the sweet embrace of death either way

FLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Attached: FLOOOOOOOOOOOR.png (645x438, 339K)

you drink from the glass most closely resembling the originals. It is by far the plainest, and most unpoisoned. the knight, however, realizes that this bit must come to an end, and thus has poisoned the bottle of water. as you urinate into the remaining glasses you feel your vision grow dull. you begin to understand that any decision you make or have made is meaningless, and that the only true poison is time. you are dead.

I pass peacefully with the knowledge that the knight will now have to choose to drink from bottles of poisoned water or from the glasses now containing my urine.

Thank you!

Sherlock reference
everything depends on who you are, my dear op.

I spent the last few years building up an immunity to iocane powder.

Well, that was fucking dumb because this is good old-fashioned cyanide. Iocane powder was nothing but a fad.

I have you drink 1/2 of one and wait 30 minutes... if nothing happens I drink the one you drank from; duh.

I pick the one closest to me and make you drink first.
You never stated a time limit as to when I had to drink and I can happily watch you die if chosen non poison, if poison is chosen I drink your glass.

the biggest disappointment in this thread was it took this long for someone to post Vizzini.

Attached: vizzini.gif (480x260, 1.51M)

>trick you to look away
>put poison in BOTH cups
>since I’ve built up an immunity to poison whichever cup I chose won’t kill me and you’ll surely die
>/thread

Attached: 1a9.png (600x528, 455K)

don't drink the antifreeze

Your. It's double-bluff definitely.