66-68

>66-68
>everybody takes LSD and is pumping out the greatest material of their careers

>69-now
>everyone stops taking LSD and the guys who made all that great music before now make generic shit, but new artists who take LSD make even more generic shit

If it clearly wasn't LSD, what exactly was it from 1966 to 1968 that led pretty much every musical artist to create their greatest works?

social cohesion/high trust societies in the west before demographics went down the shitter (FEEL GOOD TIMES)

there must have been some magical acid floating around during that period

The recording studio was pushed to improve by bands like The Beatles, so everyone got a chance to experiment with new effects and technology. Once they ran out of new stuff to experiment with, they reverted back to their old style but with the higher fidelity and complexity allowed by the new studios. The Beatles were already "getting back to basics" in late 1968, for example.

The dosage of Orange Sunshine (the famous most LSD during the Summer of Love) was about 300ug. That's a fairly large amount, especially if it is your first time. Roger Waters claimed during an interview that LSD today is not "real LSD" because people are able to move around and function while high; that should tell you just how much LSD was the normal dose back then.

that also explains all the "acid casualties" and bad trips that became legendary from this time. they kept taking more and more to find the answer to life and ended up stuck in hours long nightmares.

Beach Boys went back to the basics late 67

Name 5 good albums that aren't from the velvet underground or the beach boys that came out from 66-68

Orange sunshine was al-lad. Not LSD

soft machine, zappa, beefheart and hendrix improved in 69/70

did zappa take lsd?

That was their courtroom defense, not the truth. It was LSD-25.

idk but im sure most of his band did

Blonde On Blonde
Revolver
Magical Mystery Tour
Beggars Banquet
Music From the Big Pink

Blonde on Blonde sure there has been music just as good as the others since.

LSD was different back then than modern LSD. Most stuff these days isn't real.

It helped create some incredible albums but burned the creators. Sort of like how reading an elder scroll can make you blind after learning the arcane knowledge. Pet sounds, SMiLE, Piper at the gates of dawn, Three magnificent albums written almost single-handedly by their respective frontmen. Syd and Brian saw the face of God and he punished them for bringing his music back to earth.

Kek this is probably it

This explains so much, holy fuck. I'm just imaging these vapid stoners doing 300 ug of acid, not that different from now desu, though the less ignorant people are definitely aware of dosage.

LSD just had cultural relevance. Most psychoactive drugs will spur creativity, especially in talented and ambitious people. Sly and The Family Stone released arguably their best album in 1971, Sly Stone was notoriously known to be abusing PCP (this was actually a hippy drug at this time) and cocaine heavily.

is it even possible to find legitimate lsd now?

creative people are encouraged by cultural shift that is ready to for genuine creativity

A small example of this is that during my teen years I was always the weird creative kid and used to feel more comfortable hanging out with people that were on drugs because they were always 100x more open to the weird shit that would come out of my mouth despite me being completely sober

No Luck? Deep Web.

Yea, If you get a test kit you can see if it's lsd or if it's nbome or some shit

reddit post

nbome is kinda fun if you know it's nbome

however once I took what I thought was lsd but it was probably nbome and that was really shit because I wasn't prepared

its fun if you dont think about all the deaths on nbomes

nothing coming out in the late 60s was created while sober

The pressures of a war that nobody wanted looming over the youth as they inherited a world they didn't want. The 60s were a scary time to be alive, however, Pre-Nuclear-Holocaust Trump-Era is gonna get pretty damn close.

AL-LAD metabolizes to LSD

Blonde on Blonde
Freak Out
Absolutely Free
We're Only In It for the Money
Parable of Arable Land
Safe As Milk
The Doors
Astral Weeks
Songs of Leonard Cohen
Piper at the Gates of Dawn
Indian War Whoop