Does this look infected to you?

Does this look infected to you?

Attached: 193E7A5C-EDA2-4DFB-B7E6-7B9D0CDDD2EA.jpg (3264x2448, 1.64M)

Is it warm ? Doesn't look to bad to me

Not yet but keep an eye on it. Hit it with peroxide and keep an eye out for red streaks going towards your core.

Attached: 1473339665090.jpg (600x418, 27K)

No.

Explain

Is it warm to the touch ? Are you mentally challenged ?

not at all buddy.

Looks mostly like a scab at the moment friendo. Keep an eye on it and make sure it's clean. As the other user said, disinfectant is your friend.

Attached: Thumbs Up.jpg (398x500, 35K)

Regular scab with slight irritation/10

Attached: 1517916681254.gif (500x390, 1.92M)

What this guy said. If it was infected there would also likely be puss / ooze and a smell.

How having a wound warm can explain if it's infected or not, dumbass

No.

cum on it helps allot

yes you have the super-aids, expect to die any second now, i'm going to put on your tombstone, 'he died doing what he loved, asking stupid questions on /b'

well if it's infected, it will be inflammated (inflammed ? I don't know the english word for this), and so warmer and swole

Seems legit

Antibodies fighting the infection will make it warm and swollen. This is just a fucking scab but I am starting to wish you lose that leg retard

Attached: faggot.webm (360x360, 1.36M)

OP here. Fell from about ten feet and landed on my knee in gravel. My entire knee is stiff as fuck. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t going to die or some shit.

>Hmm...He was behind of it...

Attached: 9rsiqbi6vauv2543680000000.jpg (473x502, 26K)

its aids
sorry buddy

Stiffness is not due to the wound. Maybe something is fucked in your knee though. When did it happen ?

damn dude are you stupid noting gonna happen, it will slowly dry up and start falling by itself and your knee will look good as new, worry when its been like that for quite some time

medical honey and hydrogen peroxide...
those two things have been a life safer to me and saved my dogs life a few years back, use those for DIY shit

I had bad grazes all of my childhood and had them washed out with salt water.
>soyboy gets graze
>thinks its infected
May septis rapidly overcome your '' wound'' and enter your blood stream in such a manor that you get blood poisoning and loose the leg.

Attached: img_3740.jpg (200x260, 19K)

But what if OP was a child in a family of "vacs are bad because we are so fucking fags™"? he could catch all sorts of diseases if he didnt get vaxxed, like aids

No he is weak and yeah hopefully after the leg amputation he receives a blood transfusion but there's a mix up and it's pure African grade nigger aids blood.

>be me
>be repairing a garden scythe with a hammer and vice
>long story short slice palm open
>fuck going to the doctor
>superglue it shut after peroxiding the hell out if it.
I swear soyboys are helpless.

Sadly no, i would like you to die

About 5 days ago. I drove to Arkansas to see my oldest daughter that I hadn’t seen in almost a year due to my psycho ex wife fleeing our home state with said daughter without telling me. We were playing on a playground when I fell off one of the play areas and landed smack dab on my right knee. My knee is super stiff, causing pain and discomfort going from sitting to standing and vice versa.

actual medfag here
you need to get this checked out because it could be bacterial arthritis, there's an entry wound for infection and you're now describing joint problems because of effusion. GL OP

OP here. I’m quite the hypochondriac so telling me shit like this is terrifying. I’m already suffering from a herniated disc in my lower spine so fuck me.

I would have thought liquid in the knee but there would be swelling. I think you're fine, give it some time. If you really think there is a problem in a week or so, go see someone.

what dude
the knee capsule is well-protected, he hasn't even broken the fascia covering it. most likely you just have impact bruising. if you're super concerned get a knee AP/lat xray and see the joint spacing and fluid build-up if any (your radiologist will do this for you)

if sx persist you will need MRI but for now i woudl take 400 mg ibuprofen q8h unless you have hx of liver or stomach dz

>he is weak

OP here. You’re not wrong. I’m probably the wimpiest, bean pole you’ve never seen.

Yes fuck them and there I phones
>be me 11
>fishing with grandfather
>I get hooked on fingertip
>he just pulls it out with pliers
>tapes up wound with fishing tape
>doesn't say a word
>can't cry because weakness
>spend the next five hours fishing
True story btw, how's the hand?

OP here. Thanks doc. I’ve been doing exactly that, taking ibuprofen as needed. As others have said, (as far as I can tell) there doesn’t seem to be much swelling, but there is a deep, radiating pain stretching out from the impact wound. I’m assuming it’s bruising as others have said. There was some very sticky, orange stuff coming out of the scab yesterday but after several rounds of peroxide, it seems to not be leaking crap anymore.

I'm not exactly well built myself but it's just a graze user.
How did you achieve such a terrible wound?

Fine apart from having a new line on my palm. Sliced through all layers but the meat so no deep tissue damage.

mods please ban this guy

OP. I know now that it’s just a graze, I was just concerned about the red coloring around it and how much pain it caused me to bend that joint at all. That and I’m a poor fucker who can’t afford an ER visit or a doctor.

No

How has no one called OP a faggot yet for shaving his legs?

It's not infected, it's just healing. That redish thing is antibodies are fighting microbes.

OP you is fegot for sheving leg.

No. An infection would have pus. Yr fine

OP here. Yeah, you caught me. Thought I’d try it out. I’m not much for body hair, but I’ve never tried shaving my legs until about a week ago. Don’t think I’ll be continuing with it. Thanks though.

medfag here again. Dont need to actually penetrate fascia, periarticular tissue infection can cause bacterial arthritis obviously. Also periarticular bruising does not cause progressive stiffness 5 days after trauma.

This

I thought it was an elbow wtf

Are you new at having a human body?

If your wound is infected it will have an elevated temperature from the immune response.

Google pearly papules. Completely normal

i dont know,
>what do you think?

Attached: sum-41-does-this-look-infected.jpg (960x960, 173K)

Infection is (almost always) caused by a pathogen: often either a bacteria or a virus (other pathogens are rarer). The presence of a pathogen is detected by the immune system and results in, among other things, secretion of several inflammatory cytokines. Chief among these are IL-1beta and TNF-a, which induces blood vessel dilation, and IL-6, which induces activation offat and muscle cell metabolisms. Both processes lead to an increase in temperature in the tissue surrounding the infection.

In baby words: dirty wound gets warm.

Unless he hasn't had his tettanus-shot in a while...

@OP: When was your last tetanus shot?
Did you wash the wound? I'm seeing dark bits, is that dirt or just darker scab?

Redness is normal for wound at this stage, but go see a doctor if either the size increases more or if red streaks start moving along your leg towards your core. (If you see those streaks you're calling 911 at once, that's sepsis.)

true on both points but from the one image of OP's it doesn't seem to be particularly deep

without any imaging or cultures to rule in ddx my guess some kind of mild tear of connective tissue at worst

All this ,and stop picking at it. Guys that's red raw new skin, hes picked the edges. Dude, wrong edging.

Whats the time from infection to symptoms for bacterial arthritis?

depends on if it's truly periarticular subQ infx or if it's a unifocal septic lesion

and you're probably not septic, you'd feel much shittier than you apparently do

OP again. I actually haven’t picked at it at all. It’s quite painful and very sensitive to the touch, so I try not to touch it at all if possible.

Nah fam, those are just dead white blood cells and bacteria, maybe some blood in there for the dark spots, nothing to worry about!

not op: Doesnt look sceptic to me. Also doesnt look like subQ infx, no other signs of infections bar expected rubor.

what did google search even mean?

Just red it's fine just leave it alone

Might as well saw off your leg before the infection spreads.
You, sir, are FUCKED.
That is the worst infection I have seen in my entire history of being a lying shitposter.