Is joining the military that bad?

Is joining the military that bad?

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1920x1080, 125K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=5mZXmniGKNA&feature=youtu.be
twitter.com/AnonBabble

depends...

If you're 18-20 and have a choice between college or the military...choose college. Even if you have to hang at a local community college for two years, it's worth it.

Nah, it’s not bad...

- SSG.

Depends on what you want, what you're expecting and what your other options are.

Good for some, shit for others.

Few guys I went to high school with ended up in my same platoon for basic, I released after basic, they kept going with it. I hated the lack of control and the general lifestyle. Some of the other guys loved it, some of them tolerated it because they had nothing else.

Not if you like fighting for corporations, big banks, and getting chewed out by contrarian jackasses in uniform with superiority complexes.

Attached: 5f84964b5b324f6f85c6c767cef0c24b.jpg (689x960, 177K)

free food, clothing (initial issue anyway), no rent or utilities to pay, possibility of getting to kill someone and be rewarded for it.
yeah totally worth it

i was in the army for 2 enlistments.
only got out after getting hurt a few times. but now i get $$$ tax free for the rest of my life.
shit tons of places give me free stuff or at least a good discount
i like hearing people constantly feel like they were a pussy and needing to say "thank you for your service" to me.

this sucks while you're in, but there are a lot of advantages after you're done.

It is if you're a free and wild soul.

only if your a pussy

I never joined, but I think I would have benefited a lot from military service. I rack disiprine.

My brother, sister and cousin all joined the national guard, and they're all doing great.

Attached: 1509838846501.jpg (620x464, 82K)

ITT: people that have never been enlisted, except for this guy probably.

It’s not AS bad as people put it out to be if you choose the right MOS. You’re always gonna have an asshole boss somewhere at some point. Everything is only what you make of it.

i'm an e3 but nah, it really isnt that bad if you have the right mentality.. depending on your job be prepared to be the tool bitch, its nothing like the movies

I’ll bet you’re a 91b. I hate those queers

LOL
my brother in law was a 91b
he's an idiot

Good stepping stone in life, but if you realise you suck at anything else, its an easy 20 year career

Personally I am an 88m. E4, have been for a couple years. Every time I hear “operator level maintenance” I want to dump all their tools in a lake

LOL i know that feel!

what do you drive?

idk what that is, im in the air force, my afsc is 2A831c

there is some days I enjoy my job, others I hate it. The military is like any other job you get back out what you put in it. -Maintainer Mouth

Attached: OzNqRN0.jpg (700x525, 27K)

as long as you don't do the reserves

drove a M920 in the reserves after i got off active duty. we got tasked to do one of those canned food drives and had a S&P trailer for it.
fucking whole wheel assembly came off with the brake drum rollin down the highway.

them bitches tried to say it was my fault because "operator PMCS" wasn't done.

915’s mostly.
Fucking idiots. How the hell is a simple before pmcs going to reveal that sort of problem?

for those that don't know
S&P trailer is a flatbed with panel sides (no top)

it was later found that the civilian contractors didn't do the maintenance right and that's why the dualies came off.

I chose college, and I now regret that decision 20yrs later.

civs always fucked things up. They put the wrong kind of oil into an hvac when we went out to the field in negetive degree weather

915's would have been a better choice for the mission. but they wanted to make a "big" show of it.

Wow so many POGS

got tasked after the first oil war with checking war stock warehoused in luth, germany. (M977's)

the german civilians were the shit at getting things done to make everything right. not the case in conus.

CG>AF>ARMY>USMC>NAVY

Attached: bestbranch.png (1280x718, 539K)

anyone ive known that got shipped over to Germany said it was the greatest

Says the pog

Retiree here. Yes it was worth it. Even though I sat behind a desk (I watched the computers go from mainframes to server farms), I still went out in the field. Got shelled a few times (no fun). VA isn't too bad, and the retirement pay is a nice bonus.
Man, though, the first 5-6 years will suck until you get a little rank on your sleeve.

i was only in germany for 2 weeks. the food was a LOT better. we ran PT into a place called venlow (sp), holland. lived in what can only be described as circus tents.

i wandered drunk into someone civilian's kitchen one night. they feed me and we sat and talked as best we could for like 2 hours. yeah it was a good time over there.

Oh, yeah! K-Town was the coolest! Korea was pretty nice, except for the quarterly exercises.

Service is service unless you’re S1

Kek. The army, doing things for dog and pony? Who woulda thunk!

i did 3 tours in korea. lots of people hated it, but i was always knee deep in pussy. had tons of freedom to do what i wanted. the majority of koreans were good to me because i "tried" to speak dat hungu-mar

I'd join but I don't really want the basic training experience. Just gimme the gun and let me go do some special ops shit.

Attached: 1521365934812.jpg (1728x1080, 443K)

Yeah, the Philippine girls in the bar bands were pretty cool. I just thought they were juicy girls until they started playing. Bought them a round just because. Pretty good friends afterwards.

Depends on how able you are when it comes to standing up for yourself and doing things in a creative manner.

Personally went ROTC and still don't know why someone would enlist. Gets your college knocked out, you get paid to go to said college while paying nothing for it, and you'll get like 4x pay while outranking 80% of the force instantly when you graduate.

you're one of those people who'd never make it. go work at mc donald's

Military after college?

yups, always treat the bar girls nice.

i have some fucked up stories from over there.

college = free promotion to E-3.
if you have a degree

I was in for 2 years before being separated and it was the best 2 years of my life.

But I never saw war, which is probably what made it so great. You make bonds with your fellow soldiers that you’ll never make outside of the military.

As do I, but I'm a bit to tired to dredge those memories up now.
Got a shit-load of pics as well!

switch army and navy. navy will treat you better than army any day of the week

Ideal branch?

so many stories haha
digital cameras weren't a thing till after i left so i don't have many pix

after having been in the army for 14 years, my guess would be airfarts

Show me on the doll where communism touched you

Alright thanks for the info

you won't have as many "good" stories after you get out. but eh,... it's supposed to be easier. and if you get married at some point those guys make more money.

It's a great rite of passage into being a patriot. Just don't do it until the moron in the top office is out. As a new recruit, you might just be forced to do his dog-and-pony show (the parade) for his draft-dodging amusement.

definitely air force or coast guard. coasties have a longer wait though

does coast guard even get you "veteran" status?

Does anybody here know if being a military chef is any good?

lol yes, they are still military even if we all like to think otherwise

Tfw 8 years later I still have dreams that I’ve been sent back to basic training

no, it blows - at least in the air force it does

I heard they’re DHS now

OR, if you're not a retard and OTS/ROTC, College= free promotion to LT.

they are, but since they still support military missions they get to keep they're veteran status

If you have a low ASVAB score, no college credit, you're out of shape, yeah, it's a horrible way to go. You'll start out as an E-1 and have no freedom. Can't even shit without permission. I recommend those going into the military to consider going to the Air Force or Navy if you want to avoid being a complete grunt.

yeah, if you're gonna go through college, just become an officer. everyone makes E3 so fast, some college doesn't really matter

tips for basic training:
>have a fucked up name drills can't pronounce... but not so fucked up they call you "alphabet"
>be seen and do what you're told as fast as you can without fucking it up
>don't stand out too much
>know that basic doesn't last forever
>don't be afraid to get dirty as fuck

join the air force reserve. ez as pie boy

join air force active if dumb

join navy is gay

join army/marine is retarded

Attached: 1515389591162.jpg (1893x2181, 983K)

don't go submarines

In the Marines and it's not bad. You may not get alot but it's all disposable income. Some people love it, and that's a world they can live in. Others don't and hate the bitch and leave but they allways miss it.

Partially correct. The status of military is granted due to US code, not vis a vis mission support.

Currently in USCG.

Life is fucking awesome.

fuck no

I'm a 25 year old SSG. I have my own apartment, and i make close to $60,000 a year. Im the fittest ive ever been, my job is easy, AND im going to college for free. its tits man, you just have to stick through the bullshit

Hahahahahahaha
2/10 got me to reply

says the nasty fucking leg.

Shits not cut out for everyone, here in the Marine corps you will get that on no matter what your rank if you don't know your shit. I say enlistment then try for officer.

That dude is Hella funny

Fucking dumbass.

Attached: 1409400856826.gif (480x228, 510K)

when the first gulf war started i remember that feeling of dread of being sent somewhere to fight with the idiots in my unit.

then whole unit got broken up and went with a bunch of people i didn't know.

going to a fake war sucks ass.
hillbilly locals doing stupid shit all the time
OMFG the boredom
got to shoot at more than a few and might have hit some of them who the fuck knows
only for sure killed 2, wanted to kill a lot more though

active: yes
reserve/guard: no
vast majority of the military is pogs you boot
you are either trolling, 10 years old, or have a extremely tenuous grasp on reality
this is the way to go for sure for anyone reading this thread, don't be an idiot and enlist like me
lol no

SSGs do not make anywhere close to 60k a year, what the fuck are you talking about

Went to uni, have degree in ECE but tired of sitting around for a living and feel like I missed out on my 'fun' years. Am I retarded for wanting to join?

they do when you include TIS plus bah/bas/jump pay fuckstain

/thread

just ignore the fake baiters.

e-6 makes around $3000/month

thats before BAH and BAS fuckboi

Nope. I got my degree but wanted to know if it was for me and joined before I got to old. Turned down I love it more or less and even if I didn't at least i won't have any regrets.

bullshit

you are a nothing sitting in your mommy's basement and you smell of corn curls.

you are extremely retarded for wanting to join if you think it's gonna be 'fun'

I'm joining the Navy in a month and I say "it's gonna be fun," but I'm just being sarcastic.

80% of it was shit, but the other 20% made up for it.

i had a lot of fun and some horrible times too.

alright lets break it down. bare in mind, this is Before tax.

Im an e-6 with 8 years.

this is per year:
base pay= $41,436
bah for my area with no dependents= $13,680
bas= $4,200
jump pay= $3,600

total is $62,916 sooooo eat a dick

you're a wannabe. go die in a fire.

how did the release go?

you mean you're wrong and don't know what the fuck you're talking about? Lol. its cool, your dumbass uninformed opinion doesn't change my pay. stay mad

This bait tho