Hey Sup Forums, just got a job as a dishwasher for two days. Been fucking terrible...

Hey Sup Forums, just got a job as a dishwasher for two days. Been fucking terrible, either get yelled at for dishes being not clean enough or get yelled at for taking too long. Said he won't pay me if I work after my allotted hours. Even though it's small place i'm the only guy there. Any advice faggots?

Attached: gdt695smjes_ge_dishwasher_slate_open_full.jpg (742x1000, 83K)

Move quicker. I've been doing dishes for bout 2 months. There are better ways to get shit done. Its tough to get that momentum started you'll learn. What kinda equipment do you have to work with?

>either get yelled at for dishes being not clean enough or get yelled at for taking too long

sounds like you need some work ethic. work harder. work your fucking ass off. work like its the last thing you're ever going to do. work like you only have to do it for 1 shift then you're set for the rest of your life. in short, quit bein a lazy fuck and people wont be mad at you for having to pick up your slack

>Said he won't pay me if I work after my allotted hours.
Document your hours, with phone pics of your clock-in/clock-out, and then contact your state's employment commission. You MUST be paid for work you perform for an employer on the clock.
Better yet, quit; you're literally doing an illegal's job, and if you're intelligent enough to be on here, you're intelligent enough for something much better than scrubbing other peoples' spit. Go on Indeed, fill out your resume profile on there, search for entry level IT, help desk, retail...
Good luck to you, end remember you are better than this.

>I've been doing dishes for bout 2 months
Ex-con? Or do you just enjoy failing hard at life?

I'm 20 years old and just got out of jail. No felonies tho

What ever is fast paced and makes money

Three sinks with soap, water and bleach along with a really tiny dishwasher.

There doesn't even seem to be a clock in and out system and no apparent breaks. The employees are fucking weird as well and I can't confide in them.

Do you hose dishes down then put them on a rack for the washer? If so remember, during a rush they don't have to be absolutely perfect

Also any pots and pans are faster to do in the sinks

No hose, only steel wool and a green cleaning pad.

>Document your hours, with phone pics of your clock-in/clock-out, and then contact your state's employment commission. You MUST be paid for work you perform for an employer on the clock.

Real life doesn't always work like that.

Yikes bro. Sounds ruff. Keep a tub of fresh soapy water near by and scrub in circles. Some shit doesn't come off easy so I'd let those items soak in the sink with hot soapy water

>What ever is fast paced and makes money
Not to be an ass, but you really need to reevaluate your mindset. Otherwise, if you keep hustling through life (because that's what "fast paced and makes [some] money" is, a hustle), you're going to be 40 and still washing other peoples' spit.
Seriously dude, like I told OP, there is better shit out there if you step back for 5 fucking minutes and take a breath and look.

>Real life doesn't always work like that.
It doesn't only when you don't utilize laws that are in place and available for you.
Otherwise yeah, fine, keep being someone else's slave and thinking the trailer park is the real world...

Its not like I plan on being there for years. I plan on getting reputable restaurants under my belt, saving up and doing culinary school to become a chef

Document your arrival/departure with quick videos of a clock, then. Anything. You are effectively letting some asshole illegally use you.
But seriously...go out, get something else.

My hands ate literally tore up from using steal wool all day.

Well that's a plan if it's your passion and you're dedicated to it for the long run. I wish you luck and hop you succeed.
Does FAFSA cover culinary schools?

I believe so if you goto a reputable campus but I could be wrong. Ive read only so much about FAFSA

Gloves?

Did u give him ur real name?
Does he pay in cash?

No gloves

If you're planning to work your way up why not do it the honest way and wash dishes until you convince the chef to put you on prep?

Should definitely buy some. Sounds like you work at an under prepared shit hole bro

He told me that if I fuck up third day he'll pay me in cash for my time but if I improve he'll put me on the payroll. Also doesn't seem to let his employees have breaks.

That's what I told my boss when I was hired. I even do prep shit here and there. Learning

Cool if no w4 then break every dish u see and leave

Oh by the way boss has cameras everywhere in the room and will watch from his fucking office. If you do one thing he will actually call you out on it. Fucking weird.

find shortcuts, how much shit you can fit one washer tray, and invest in materials they don't provide you. blue scrubbies, chemicals, etc. if it makes your job easier it's worth paying for things like that.

Quit your job and pick up heroin

wat? If the job doesn't provide the right tools to do the job, the job won't be done correctly. No soap, no clean dishes.