Chart thread

Guess, rec, and discuss music

Other urls found in this thread:

neverendingchartrendering.org/
youtube.com/watch?v=Cyb5NywBC5Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Nice to see Death of the Sun

help

Why can't i find the cover art for Forest-s/t that came out in 1969 on topster?

Forest - Full Circle seems to be on it.
It's most likely only because of the name, there are too many albums with "forest" in the name so it won't show all of them.

why is topsters asking me to log into some admin acct

Topsters is down.
neverendingchartrendering.org is the new topsters now

but I cant remember my entire 2017 chart

Is there a way to fix it?

If they're your favorites you should remember them. If you don't remember them, they aren't your favorites eh?
Also you should've saved it somewhere. What's the point in making a chart if you don't save it?

I tried my best, I don't think there is a way, except if you leave one field blank and insert it in a photo editing software. Should even work in paint.

vincent gallo hmm

I saved it on topsters, you nonce

Maybe i tried doing that
Really like that album.

Faraquet - the view from this tower
Cloud Nothings - Attack on Memory
meshuggah - catch 33

how does it feel to be new here? nice chart though, try pissed jeans and Metz

I feel like you'll already know anything I recc you but try the danse society-seduction

help with what?

Highly recommend diversions 4: Songs and Poems of Molly Drake
it's like recordings of molly drake reading poetry and really nice folk music
If u haven't heard any Algernon Cadwallader
Highly recommend them for some indie tinged emo revival
Kairon; IRSE! - Ujubasajuba
really fun shorgaze

Havnt been to Sup Forums in a long time, and my shits outdated. Did topsters die during the past few months?

yes, I don't remember why though, use this instead

neverendingchartrendering.org/

odd choices for favorite mountain goats and metronomy albums, nice though.

Thanks friend. Is there anyway to make an account/save charts with the new one?

Saving something on such an unstable website isn't the best idea
It's like saving something on an USB stick which sometimes doesn't work, without making a backup.

I don't think so, but they get saved to your browser

Not my all time favourites just what I'm digging right now

+Duster, Can, HANL, Talk Talk, Nick Drake, RHP, OPN
Bark Psychosis - Hex
Klaus Schulze - Irrlicht
Houdini - Long Fin Killie

+Basho, Can, LRD
Don't know enough of the albums to rec anything. Sorry

Listen to Arthur Russell, Current 93, and Coil first.

+Songs: Ohia, Eels, Carissa's Wierd
Sun Kil Moon - Ghosts of the Great Highway
Robbie Basho - Visions of the Country

Since you have American Football on there, listen to Chinese Football. I used to be a big AF fan but have barely listened to them since I discovered CF

To anyone I didn't respond to: I knew barely any albums from yr charts but they looked very patrish and I saved a few of them to check out albums from

admittedly new and hastily thrown together

>can't use topster2 on phone
Ugh.

Check out Giles Corey and Negativland if you haven't already

morning
宇宙コンビニ - 染まる音を確認したら
NR LeBretch - Warraw
Autolux - Future Perfect
Third ear band - s/t
youtube.com/watch?v=Cyb5NywBC5Y
pls no sad
王非 - 浮躁
Cerati melero - colores santos
Matthias Reiling – Doppelgänger
lamb - s/t

mornin lads

NICE

Let's go

i don't recognize anything other than built to spill sorry
aesthetic chart though
Jaco Pastorius - s/t
Funkadelic - Maggot Brain

you have the names on the pastebin
i think you would really like macha

you know these threads don't really work if you don't give recs to people right?

bread not dead
bartok - string quartets 1 - 6
tuxedomoon - desire

bread status: ALIVE

breads never die

my personality is impossible to guess...im a mystery

Benjamin Clementine - I Tell A Fly

omg the drums are great. you'd probably like Everything Everything - Get To Heaven

wears a huge fanny pack filled with flowers and marbles

Rec for Psychocandy
Health - Get Color. It's shoegaze , but is loud as shit and uses glitch to further the loud abrasivness. Makes the noisiest tracks off of Psychocandy seem dreamy...maybe the most unique shoegaze album, right along side sweet trip vdc.

Listen to Melt Banana's Charlie or Cell-Scape. Honestly, Fetch was a let down, "Infection Defective" being my only hope that they still have juice to out do themselves maybe one more time. Not bad, but by their insanely high standards, not innovative enough imo.

...Brockhampton are so non essential it hurts. Listen to Coucou Chloé - Erika Jane...girl rapper from the future. Made me wonder, anyway, why people listen to Brockhampton when shit like this is out.
Also if you like hard normal daddy, if you haven't listened to Four Tet - Rounds, think you would like it. It's much slower and not cop show jazz influenced lol, but it's happy, it has a lot of percussion, and extremely unique sounds for downtempo / idm, just as Hard Normal Daddy is unique for Drill & Bass.

Rec for Donuts
Dedekind Cut - $uccessor...Lee Bannon made beats for Joey Badass, and was getting offers from Action Bronson and other famous mainstreamers to make beats for them...Lee then realized that he feels because of his race that he feels trapped and felt weird about making "beats", and wanted to make electronic music that people wouldn't expect out of a black person with deep ties to the hip hop world.
With the release of $uccessor, his hip hop cred was pretty much died, but his experimental indie cred (people like William Basinski, Ben Frost, Haxan Cloak, Tim Hecker are friends with him now) is now up. Basically, I recommend it not because it sounds anything like Donuts, but because it will open up as many possibility's for black people to make experimental electronic music as Donuts did for black people making beats...imagine if Donuts and Ravedeath had a baby.

maudlin of the Well - Bath
Comus - First Utterance
Merzbow & friends - Cuts of Guilt, Cuts Deeper
Castanets - Cathedral

If y'all manage to guess anything about my personality based on this, I'll be impressed!

you like black coffee
macha - see it another way
Raime - hennail
Rod modell - Incense & Black Light

Good taste in death grips and a Jim O' Rourke album that isn't Eureka? Nice.
Those are some edgy album covers.
Why am I seeing 1st album and future shock everywhere now? It's very odd. Great taste too!
Great taste in dadrock, not really feeling the King Gizzard though
Haven't heard any of this beyond Kraftwerk
I honestly don't see the appeal behind E-mo-tion
Ayyyyy grouper and 2, my man
Another one with 2 on it, though I prefer this old dog.
Is the Just got back from the discomfort album worth a listen? I've seen it cropping up in these threads and it must be decent.
Eh, not really into the Strokes or DfA or Arcade Fire but I Like Franz Ferdinand and Funkadelic
Phenomenal taste in Hiphop, though I personally don't like MF doom or autechre.
Love the chart
Fantastic taste overall, matches close to mine in a lot of ways. Not really feeling Alvvays or Have a nice life though.
Tried to like Listen up we're dreaming, but it was just really bland imo. Like the bowie and A Crow Looked at me though.
Haven't heard much of this, but plus for Art Angels and Venetian Snares
I honestly don't get Giles Corey and Fugazi.

R8 and Guess?

Would love rec's based on my chart but really anything you really love feel free to share. My music library is pretty narrow now, and I'd love to open it up a little. Not into noise, though.

Don't know enough to really offer rec's to anybody else that I could see in this thread, sorry.

Late highschool smart, sensitive INFP trying to find his place in the world. It appears that you've only recently got into music and are playing "catch-up" with the contemporary music scene.
Elliott Smith - Either/Or
Love - Forever Changes
American Football - S/T
Flaming Lips - The Soft Bulletin
Royksopp - Junior
The Knife - Shaking the Habitual
Violent Femmes - Violent Femmes
I appreciate your having Cosmic Tones For Mental Therapy.
Baden Powell and Vinicius De Moraes - Os Afrosambas
Normil Hawaiians - More Wealth than Money
Brian Eno - Before and After Science

Remember guys: 1 (you)=1 more reason to live

i love cell-scape too but i prefer fetch

Holy crap you got me aside from 1 detail. That's crazy, well done. I've been meaning to listen to Shaking the Habitual and Forever Changes, but I've listened to Either/Or and didn't like it. Thank you for the recs!

It's a mixture.
Tried to limit myself to one album per artist, so it's a little small.
Also, I'm shit at reccing music.
recc for American Football - Clever Girl - No Drum and Bass in the Jazz Room
recc for Nails - Fuckmorgue - Down Forever