Why does Sup Forums hate King Gizzard so much...

Why does Sup Forums hate King Gizzard so much? Anytime a new album comes out the threads are spammed with DUDE and SICK RIFFS.

Also what the fuck does Pickle Rick have to do with them?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

>being this soyboy
top numale cuck meme pepe as they say

because whether or not Sup Forums likes something depends solely on who else likes it.

Unfortunately Reddit likes this band so...

>implying SICK RIFFS are a bad thing

>implying that I made that implication

I like KGLW a lot.

DUDE WEED LMAO

If reddit likes this band I'm moving to reddit
Fuck all y'all

DUDE SICK COMEBACK LMAO

Ur moving to syboy soyboy soyboy byios byios btios soybi stos nsots

It's not a comeback...?

Dude sweet burn lmao

dude sorry lmao

To be fair, you have to have a very high IQ to understand

it's literally like one or two people. if anything king gizzard fans are letting it offend them way too much.

hahaha PICKLE RICK BITCHES
get schwifty lmao

what did he mean by this

For once, I actually think he made a good remark.

he's so edgy ecksdee

SPOKEN WORD PASSAGES

I really like them, one of my favourite bands and Polygondwanaland is one of their best albums yet.

I absolutely hate using the word contrarian, but I can not find any other reason why there's so much negativity regarding King Gizzard on this board.
Just listen to what they're doing!
Even after another 9/10 album is released on the same year as so many other great albums with a multi-dimensional universe connecting all of them, threads are still being spammed with negativity.
Is it the quantity over quality mentality?
Is it the gimmicks?
Why would you think King Gizzard wants to create a perfect album instead of just doing what they want?
Somebody explain this to me, I want to understand.

Maybe the band relies too much on psych/prog stereotypes to be considered fresh or innovative.
Maybe Sup Forums is being contrarian.
Maybe you shouldn't care.

Because you assmonkeys won't shut up about them that's why
Because I'm sick and god damn tired of king jizzard and the anal wankers appearing on this board
Why can't you just accept that you're driving people away with youe autism tier obsession
I'm so disgusted by your inability to fuck off that I actively avoid this band out of spite, you and the others are that repulsive.

Of course being fresh and innovative is good and all but why do people disregard perfecting a formula?
But even ignoring that argument, King Gizzard innovates enough for my liking.
With the strange narrative and constant experimentation they do with each album.
They are a band that likes to challenge itself.

Wouldn't want anybody discussing music on a music board now would we?

Filters exist for this exact reason.
Just filter their name and all of their album names.

>why do people disregard perfecting a formula?
I don't want to get into an argument about KG, but the mentality of a band like them perfecting anything that was already played to death 4 decades ago is an easy target for people who actually like music outside the popular realm.

driving people away more than Sup Forums and 30 lil peep threads?

Fuck off you know that's not what I meant
Yeah and if I take enough painkillers I can ignore cancer symptoms but in the end I'll still end up dying

Driving people away from the band, megacunt

I mean sure, they're not perfecting a thing, but like I said, why would they want to?
Isn't it a good thing that there's a band still making this kind of music?
Is something being played out enough of a reason for everyone to go "That's it! let's not try this ever again!"?

>Fuck off you know that's not what I meant
Then explain to me without using insults and maybe take a chill pill while you're at it.
Why are you getting this frustrated over people discussing music on a music board?

I mean they're an alright band, but they rely too much on gimmicks. Plus you can't deny their fanbase is full of reddit and Sup Forums tier nerds. They're basically like a garage rock version of Protomen.

Oh Sees and Wand are way better too.

with the amount of releases they're putting out this year, itd be hard for their fans to not have something to talk about consistently.

It was just 1 or 2 people spamming SICK RIFFS at first, but it's since become a term of endearment

There's a difference between "I like this band" and "this band is the messiah". People with some knowledge (and maybe shitposters) will attack the latter with ease.
On a simple way, a fanbase can fuck the band's image badly.

I got into King Gizz quite recently and I have no clue where these accusations of toxicity come from.

Sometimes Sup Forums is not the best place, you wouldn't have a clue of Dream Theater having a shit fanbase when browsing here, but they have.

Oh, I checked out leddit and most of the subreddit is just flexing with collections, announcements, absolutely terrible memes and discussion of the gizzverse.
Where would you say can I find the origin?
Any examples of cancerous behavior?

There's a difference between discussing music and shoving it down people's throats
For god knows what reason the people who post king gizzard cant stand any criticism of the band. Youre like the psych rock yorubafags. King gizzard is your Grimes.

Their music is too repetitive and kinda goofy imo, I enjoyed Microtonal Banana though

>tfw all dude weed bands are god tier

Oh Sees are good but there is literally nothing about them whatsoever which makes them as good as Gizz.

>DUDE MULTIVERSE LMAO
I think that might be a significant reason

I'd say it comes from more from pretension than anything else. I like the band, but i can easily see how they attract an obsessive and embarrassing fanbase from their constant concept albums which, while i do like most of them, are quite gimmicky at times.

>Protomen
They're from my home town! I'm always so jazzed to see them mentioned on this site

>great albums with a multi-dimensional universe connecting all of them
This.

The multiverse shit is fucking retarded, even the band thinks so, they just like reusing themes while introducing new ones.

So?
It's still creative and fun.

>nothing about them whatsoever which makes them as good as Gizz.

>Stronger songwriting
>Better vocals
>Dwyer is a way more talented guitarist than them
>Doesn't have to resort to a gimmick on every album so their releases actually feel diverse

Nah, most of them only have one decent album.

It's lazy and tiresome.

LIZARD WIZARD IN THE HOUSE TONITE
EVERYBODY'S GONNA HAVE A GOOD TIME

I'M SO HIGH DUDE LOL

Drawing superheroes was creative and fun when i was 14. It's fucking embarrassing now.

Maybe you should have kept drawing superheroes. Who cares if it's bad? You're creating something.

CONTINUE MY LEGACY, MY SONS

its their LOL Randomness factor that just makes me want to vomit. its a 9gag post processed into a sound file. also i hate psych.

King Gizzard & And The Pickle Rickers :D

What is your endgame here? You asked why people dislike the band, you're given several perfectly valid reasons, and now you wanna argue about it. Your question is asked and answered.

>LOL Randomness factor
this so much, it's all just...so lame

I still don't understand tho.

I TURNED MYSELF INTO PICKLE RIFFS, MORTY BUUUUUURRRPPPPPP

youtube.com/watch?v=GRWbIoIR04c

My point is I personally have outgrown it, I don't dissagree that its creative but it's no longer fun for me because i am not a child who cares about superheroes anymore.

In this same regard the "gizzverse", while undoubtedly creative, is not fun for me because i am not a child who daydreams about what universe the music i like takes place in.

I was about to argue with this then I saw
>gimmick
Nah fuck that

Now this is something I understand.
I can understand out growing a band and I fear as if maybe some day I'll also grow out of it and become more cynical against the band, but right now they're being incredibly active and I am strapped in.

I hope you still have something you're creating user, doesn't matter what or it's quality. Everybody should be working on stuff they like passionately.

sick riff user is literally a kpopfag

>tool
>kyuss
>fishmans
>king gizzard
>pink floyd
>sleep
>electric wizard

>one good album

elaborate user

Never said i don't like them, I fucking love them, I'm seeing them live next February. What i actively dislike is the fanbase that focuses on obscure bullshit and obsess over the band to such a high degree it pushes me away a little.

Saying that if you enjoy those aspects don't let some assholes on the internet detract from that enjoyment.

I draw trees sometimes

Nice! I'm also seeing them live in march.
I guess I shouldn't really care and at least I can say I tried. Don't really see how this garners and more hate then all the other cancerous shit on Sup Forums.

Only talking about the stoner bands, not the bands that stoners listen:
Sleep only has SHM, Dopesmoker is a nice song but the abridged version they play live is better.
Electric Wizard has some nice songs, but went to shit as soon as Bagshaw and Greening left, and even so, only Dopethrone is straight out great from begining to end.
Kyuss is the only one with 2 great albums with BFTRS and WtSV but I don't think the band really pushed the whole DUDE WEED LMAO image.

You're just ignoring all the hate every other band gets because you're a Gizz fan

There's no accounting for taste, especially when it comes to something as subjective as music, if people don't like 'em i say let 'em, be boring if everyone in the world like the same things.

Very likely I have to admit. i usually don't even listen to bands.
mostly use this board to lurk on /bleep/ threads.

Your taste in music is worse than your taste in memes

I know right!?! How DARE they talk about a new music album on the music board. Those fucking reddits coming over here to spam their 2 music threads on the music board. I come here to discuss about some junkie in 30 threads, and i have to hide 2 threads talking about actual music to do so. Those fucking animals.

how do you know lmao

I don't get this meme

Shit taste in music is always a symptom of a kpopfag

>0 good albums combined
elaborate user

The reason it appears that there is hate for the band is because there's a few people who take advantage of some sensitive fans. It's an easy target. If you don't like a band you don't post about them every 5 minutes, that's if you want to exclusively piss people off. To sum up, most people in this board actually like the bands music, though fans should learn how to take a hit.

I like KGALTW but i hate their fanbase wholeheartedly, they are a bunch of faggots hence why the meme about the sick riffs.

On a more serious note what the fuck is going on with Aussies and their Psy rock scene, today i found another one named Moses Gunn Collective. Seriously all Aussies like doing psy rock/pop? Are they nuts?

>haha fantano made an epic Sup Forums approved tweet he’s our guy!

Christ you friend simulator losers are pathetic

The most autism I see about this band is from the DUDE IM HIGH SICK RIFFS and PICKLE RICK shitposters like the ones ITT, rather than anything from the fanbase itself.

Because it's been one guy who made one post when Sketches released and has not stopped posting it since.

>great albums with a multi-dimensional universe connecting all of them

What's not to get?

These guys are right.
They're an overall great band but there's just so much autism springing from the fanbase and all of the people that were attracted by "XD wacky band name dude im so high" that its understandable why people would want to avoid it

>implying that Long Season, Welcome to Sky Valley, Lateralus, Animals, DSoTM, Piper at the Gates and Dopethrone are bad albums

get some taste lad

The "Yeah dude, I listen to some weird stuff" of bands

You’re cool

>what the fuck is going on with Aussies and their Psy rock scene
you finish high school and if you're into music you join a psy band for a couple years, there are so many of them that some are bound to take off and the good stand out amongst the shit

literally the rick n morty of music

DUDE
SICK
RIFFS
IM SO HIGH LMAO

DUDE

same my guy- e-ehehe- *coughs* ehehe yeaa man these guitars man are like *cough* eh-hehe soo frinkin crazy my dude woaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

wow eppic post +! upvoted

DUDE