Now that the dust has settled, what is the official Sup Forums consensus on The Beatles?

Now that the dust has settled, what is the official Sup Forums consensus on The Beatles?

Reminder The Beatles went from youtube.com/watch?v=5CYI3doek8Y&t=35 to youtube.com/watch?v=7UjvdZm-Tu8 in just a year and a half.

What other music groups have evolved together as a band so much while also changing the landscape of music in so short a time?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0IXkIVvo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

bump

If anything, they're underrated, because a huge majority of their fans and all of their detractors are incapable to recognize how remarkable their musicianship and songwriting was. So many of the people I know IRL that claim to be "into music" aren't even passingly familiar with their catalog. I think it's because of the popular rock of the 60s and 70s that so many people irl and here associate them with. Just look at all the people that unironically think that a band as terrible as The Kinks were better than the Beatles, but since they don't have that image association, people use the Kinks to fill that void.

>beatles start making more intelligent music
>this means they hate women
Its honestly funny that she's basically implying all women are brainlets

>the beatles
>underrated
costanza face

There's nothing wrong with The Kinks

youtube.com/watch?v=Kt0IXkIVvo4

They're extremely popular, but only on a surface level to a lot of people, the majority of their "fans" haven't really delved into their deep cuts, which is true about most bands honestly

>transformed the Beatles from being a band teenager girls could enjoy to 'respectable art'

this has to be satire. this makes the feminists look irrationally misandristic, not the beatles irrationally misogynistic

The Beatles were from the beginning very interesting musically speaking, you very rarely have a dull song from them in terms of music, and they were great musicians in terms of how the band as a whole interacted - hell, Ringo has a particularly distinctive drumming style when he's the worst member technically speaking, and that's bloody difficult to pull off. The way they kept innovating and bringing experimental stuff to pop music when they were on top of the world is very impressive. Pretty much every musician spoke highly of them.

that's a strange conclusion for the lady in the pic to come to, since that's their album that rocks the least and sounds the faggiest.

best beatle?

lenin imo

I fucking hate that essay.

If she bothered listening tot he album, she's realize that Sgt Pepper is full of powerful women and central figures in the album

>Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds - Lucy is the central figure of the song
>She's Leaving Home - about a young woman trying to be independent
>Lovely Rita - The song is framed that Rita is the one having power over the author.

Amanda Marcotte can fuck right off.

Beetles and beach boys for sure

>What other music groups have evolved together as a band so much
>while also changing the landscape of music in so short a time?
So not The Beach Boys

It's just bullshit clickbait, but that's most of Sup Forums now since the userbase is 80% social media clickbait fish.
Julie Burchill was dogging it twenty years ago, but the attack was based on muh visceral pop rush V muso seriousness. She was fucking wrong anyway because most of it is a pop record and kids instinctively know that.

this is a fair point, most people who say they "like" the beatles in passing can only name like hey jude, yesterday, and maybe here comes the sun, and thats basically it

On the contrary I've met plenty of people who know their entire discography and history. These people are mostly older people. With the youtube/napster/itunes age it is indeed true that the younger audience maybe only focuses on listening to their most popular singles rather than the albums, but points are mere conjectures based off your own anecdotal experience. Your points are sheltered.

>If anything, they're underrated, because a huge majority of their fans and all of their detractors are incapable to recognize how remarkable their musicianship and songwriting was.

same with Kanye.

As a former Salon reader, I can assure you Amanda Marcotte is a professional troll. Someone paid to post comment-inducing garbage with little veracity. What she did to Bernie Sanders was criminal.

this is your brain on poptimism, you cant be the "into music guy" without suffering through the beatles discography apparently

It's ok to not like them, but given their influence it's pretty much required listening, especially in the sense of "listening to their albums in full".

Listening to anything pre rubber soul isn't worth it though,there were a lot of better pop bands from around that time

>there were a lot of better pop bands from around that time
Like what?

beatles is not "required listening", it's shit you will hear whether you like it or not going through life. if someone were to make an objective "required listening" list it would be full of classical and traditional music and not this british boomer band. their albums are full of filler anyway

>their albums are full of filler anyway
Such as?

>feminist shitting on beatles
>classifying them as pop
>pop was for """""girls""""" [said the feiminist]
>pop is now a mans genre
i hate the beatles, and i hate most feminists. this is hilarious

only beatles albums I listen to are anthology 2 and 3. They've got a nice flow to them. I watched ' A hard day's night' and 'Help'. That's about it. Superb songs though.

>i hate the beatles, and i hate most feminists.
Please tell me you are wearing a fedora and trench coat right now

I love The Beatles, but, in my opinions, they are too high up the 60s cultural zeitgeist to really be worth obsessing over. They were important and influential and they knew it. Also, for all their experimentation, they've always seemed like psychedelic dilettantes. If I'm listening to 60's rock, I mostly prefer smaller acts. Though the song quality is less consistent, I appreciate the energy and atmosphere.

>they've always seemed like psychedelic dilettantes
Why? They were literally there, a part of that scene

They were always experimenting with different sounds and eastern influence, but they never really "freaked out."

>but they never really "freaked out."
So?

I can't even articulate how stupid that is.

Yeah, even people like Lou Reed, who, in 1987, said, "I never liked them" said he thought George Harrison was one of the greatest guitarists of all time in 1966.

This,
very this.

See
You tard.