Oldfags, please provide your wisdom

Oldfags, please provide your wisdom.

How did you move out of your parents house? I'm 22, and feel too old to be living with my parents. I just got my first vehicle a few days ago. All of my money will be going towards it for the next few months. Also, all of my friends still live with their parents, I know it's not that bad, but I've moved out before to live with a family member. Now that I've had a taste away, I feel like shit being back.

So, how to move out of your parents house? I don't want anything crazy, just a small apartment. Did you make any mistakes?

Attached: 1521249868394.jpg (640x960, 98K)

Maybe you shouldn't fucking worry about moving out when you have nothing to spend, EH?

When you pay off your car, MAYBE ask your parents to cosign on a condo or trailer. Pay to own. Don't rent.

Attached: 1503345882057.gif (240x180, 2M)

Gid gud faggot

As soon as you move out, you'll wonder how you ever lived at home so long and never want to go back. Living alone costs money, but the freedom is worth it.

>Maybe you shouldn't fucking worry about moving out when you have nothing to spend, EH?
I will when my vehicle is payed off. I'm not broke, i'll have it paid off soon. I'm planning my move now.

>When you pay off your car, MAYBE ask your parents to cosign on a condo or trailer.
Lol, "ask your parents". That's not how it works.

Join the navy

joined the army.

I don't understand how people my age can have cars and pay for their own bills with just a beginner-tier job. Guess I'm just failing at life, who knows. I wish I could have my own vehicle.
How much did your car cost around? What should I be looking for?

Ok retard. Do what you think you should do.
In fact, nows the best time to move in with 3 of your best buds and you can all take turns jacking it on the community computer.
Fucking child.

Attached: 1500197791696.gif (500x281, 467K)

Yeah, exactly how I feel now. I lived *one my own*, basically for two years. Lived with a cousin, we both payed bills and shit.

Same. I got lucky, and my boss offered me his truck because he got a new one. I'm paying him out of my paychecks. If it wasn't for his offer, I wouldn't have a vehicle. But the truck is $4,000. It's just a little work truck, and temporary until I can land a different, better job.

You're right though. Literally everyone I knew had vehicles way before me. Their parents most likely bought it for them.

Anyway, if you have a job, decent(or no) credit, you can most likely get one for a few hundred a month.

There's seriously no other reason to come in the thread and shit it up, aside from built-up anger from living with parents all these years. Sorry you still live with parents at 28 years old, user.

Nice to know I'm not the only one feeling this way at least. Congrats on your level up, and best of luck with your plans.

Attached: Yuru Yuri - Kyouko thumbs up.jpg (798x809, 48K)

Was 17, mother was hard as fuck, used to beat the shit out of me, first time I argued back, I left home..job done!

Attached: End.jpg (642x360, 34K)

Jesus christ, it looks like God made that pussy personally ... I would lick and fuck that forever.

Stay while you can and pay off your vehicle and save money.

Extremely camp person detected.

Yeah, it's rough. Most people I know had a car as soon as they turned 16. I hope I can do that for my future kid, this shit sucks. Anyway, thanks, same to you, user.

Attached: 1489624625612.jpg (322x341, 13K)

Damn that sucks. Good on you for leaving.
Nah, I need to get the fuck out ASAP.

So if anyone has the details of what it's like getting a place, please share them.

Joined the Marines. Would not recommend under current ZOG.

>how did you
I lived in a van down by the river

kek

Attached: 1521789233478.jpg (5312x2988, 930K)

>So if anyone has the details of what it's like getting a place, please share them.
Doing your own dishes and laundry will take some getting used to. Try not to be a fucking slob for the first 10 years, wondering why you can't get laid.

Samefag, most likely.

I'm independent as fuck, m8. Plus, I have legitimate OCD, so my room is always neat/clean.

I understand you want to vent, user. No need to project your own insecurities onto me, though. :/

You're fine, user. I'm 30, and an living with parents again. I moved out at 20, lived with friends, got married, we shared a house with one friend. I lost my day job, then my business partner screwed me over, and my wife developed serious health issues. A little over two years ago my wife and I moved in with my parents as our options were pretty limited at the time by finances. We're almost back on our feet now, the company I'm with just promoted me, and her health issues are largely resolved. We're buying a house of our own in the fall. Main thing is to remember about living with your parents as an adult is that everyone in the household is an adult, and be respectful of each other. It was weird at first for us, but it's gotten much better. And I feel like my relationship with my parents have improved as well. It's amazing what seeing someone nearly every day does to your opinion of them.

I find it odd that there are people who legitimately haven't been doing their own laundry and dishes into their 20s
shit my parents beat that into me when I was 5 or 6 so I could wash their shit.

I'm 25 so hardly an oldfag. I moved out when I graduated college but plenty my age are still with parents. Focus on a career and it'll be a much easier decision later.

You think that's bad, I don't even know where the "Random" board is on Sup Forums. Everytime I go there I look at the boards and I don't know where the Random board is. I don't think I'd even know how to post on it even if I did.

I see people post pictures too. I wouldn't even know where to start with that. I have some pictures that came with my computer, but that's it.

Attached: download.jpg (727x617, 95K)

W-what?

25 working a shitty job from home and still living with a parent who can barely afford his own bills with the minuscule amount of cash I'm giving him every month.
I've been a shut-in for 8 years now since graduating high school and I don't even know how to relationship since I've basically let myself go in depression and poverty. My little brother has gone off to college for nursing and has been seeing the same girl for nearly 4 years who herself comes from a well off family and it feels like my situation won't ever get better and I'll either die in my work slog or live forever poor and alone. I've been putting off taking more classes because of the nightmare school was for me and my lack of any patience for more work on top of everything else that's detracting from my lack of a social life and sleep.
I've started a diet but maintaining it with my budget and lack of energy to cook more than once a week in a household of bread, rice and potato lovers is going to be a chore.

I've been pretty lucky but there are key things to not fuck up. how much are you paying for your car?

Wow, what your problem? Need a hug?

also this
will probably not turn out as crazy as this but its only weird when you're younger

checkd

That's right.

It's a bot, user.

22 and living at home?
fucking gringos man, ive been living by my self since i turned 18
just do it user, you wont regret it

Attached: 1795579_1624795670901664_1228658867_n.jpg (540x960, 54K)

I fucked my credit up within two years of moving out. Ten years later I am still paying for those mistakes. Wife resent me for it. I cant get a lone or a credit card or approved for a house for my kids. Shit sucks. Didnt think a car payment and a couple credit cards could fuck my life up. Shit sucks.

Why would you be getting a car and paying bills at the same time, where do you live?

In aus you get your learner's permit at 16 and provisional at 17. Most have their parents either buy them a car or chip in. My parents put in a grand as that was their limit and we're going to buy a shitbox, told them I'll put in the rest so I can get something decent.

You can get nice cars with 120,000km on the clock for under 2 grand. My current car (blew up the last one) is an 02 lancer with 122000km and custom exhaust. Payed 1400 for it because I got in a few mins after the ad went up.

Unless you need a work horse just get a 4 cylinder 2/4 door car with low kays and you're fine. Timing belt + water pump service is done every 100000km on average so if they're selling JUST over or under that then they're avoiding the service. If they have documentation that it's just been done then you're set. If it hasn't then knock them back a few hundred because you're going to have to spend a grand to get them done.

How do people reach their 20s without owning a vehicle. Get a job as a teen, save up and get a car. You have no expenses with you're that old and you certainly can't have expenses before having a car because you can't go anywhere.

>Shit sucks

I didn't, I'm hoarding money to avoid loans by buying crypto. People think I'm poor, including the tax man.

>How did you move out of your parents house?

i had a job
got an apartment
worked and made money
used that money to pay for things
like an apartment
all at 18 years and 10 months

next.

Loads of people go into crippling debt that they spend the rest of their lives paying off, it's better to suffer now

Move to a place with cheaper rent. First get a job there. Then make sure you save enough for deposit.

What kind of fucking question is this? It's pretty obvious.

No it's not dummy. Why would a bot post that? Did you just pull that out of your ass? Tell me why you think it's a bot. I'll wait.

Infantilization by a controlling parent makes it harder for the kids to leave, because they were purposefully not taught the skills needed to live life on their own. It is quite common among terrible parents.

With jews you lose, never borrow money from them as they just print it.

Samefag.

I went to community college for 2 years and got a Associate degree in a STEM field.

I'm 21 and I now make $76,400 a year. I still live with my parents, but by choice, not necessity. I'm saving up money to put a down payment on a house.

Oldfag here; 41
I moved in with my girlfriend. Broke up.
Back to parents for 6 months. Find new girlfriend. Repeat.

kek sounds fun

I went to a bartending school for 2 weeks. The school had a job placement program and they got me a job at a new night club.

I made $362 my first night.

Got a second job at a burger and wings joint. I work 6 nights a week and I make between $1000 - $1400 a week. Cash.

>protip: chicks dig bartenders.

I got a job, saved up, and moved out at 20...

You can buy perfectly running vehicles for like a thousand dollars.

Unemployed
Throat Destroyed

Attached: 1517980440481.jpg (2114x2114, 262K)

Okay OP, ignore alll these faggots, ill give you some real advice that’ll make being on your own easy.

-save 3-6 months worth of expenses before you move out. calculate everything, rent, car insurance, phone bill, your eating habits, and other spending habits. that way if you get fired, quit your job, you have money saved that’ll get you thru. it’s definitely worth having cushion. i’d say anywhere between 3,000-5,000 is good.

-completely fix your car, no leaks, no weird sounds, nothing. the week i moved out, i spent over a thousand fixing my car, it was a setback, but going back to my first tip, things like that can happen and you need to be prepared.

-make sure your job pays well and that you can potentially grow into it and make more. trust me, renting a room in someone’s house gets old, you’ll want more for yourself. set yourself up for a career path.

-spend 80% of your income, save 20% and put it into savings. don’t you fucking touch it.

-this is a big one, LEARN HOW TO COOK. BREW YOUR OWN COFFEE. that 8$ burrito from chipotle 3 times a day is $24, plus your latte’s at starbucks, you can burn $30 or more on food. multiply that by 30, you do the math. it can actually cost more than any bill you have.

-join a gym, seriously. you want to have good habits, that’ll keep you from going out all the time. i

-if you’re a weed smoker, get a bong and buy in bulk, if not limit yourself to weekends only. buying an ounce can cost over $200, so that in mind, it is a luxurious habit. if you can stop all together it’ll help, if you don’t smoke even better.

I know next to nothing about vehicles, but won't cheap ones like that have a 50/50 chance of dying in like a month? Do working cars really sell for that cheap? I just need something to get me from point A to point B without killing me or costing me a fortune in gas.
Any recommended sites?

not where I live. a $1000 vehicle will require about $800 in repairs to get it running. A perfectly running vehicle will cost around $2k.

I got a job at a strip club the day I turned 18, working only friday and saturday nights. Made $1,100 my first week. It was during my senior year in high school, but I didn't drop out. I finished out the year and graduated.

I make about 4k a week now that I'm full time. I have $72,000 in my bank account.

-build your credit, one day you’ll want a condo, apartment or whatever. make sure it’s on point.

-get a couple of homies and get a house together. it’s cheaper.

-go to sleep on time, be up early. trust me on this, it’s one of the worse habits you can develop. you don’t want to go to work drowsy every day because you’re up playing call of duty until 5am because you don’t have parents to tell you to keep it down.

you get what you pay for. if you have the money and credit, get a brand new one. if not, spend 3-5 thousand on a good low milage civic or corolla. have a mechanic inspect the car if you get it online.

this thread
>How to live life
>Of age, 22
>Most money will be spent on new life situation just for first few months
>All friends basement dwellers
Conclusion: an hero

On a side note, just go for it OP. The freedom of having your own place is golden. Moved out at 18 myself, never regretted decision

Attached: 1521895187799.jpg (362x171, 19K)

>need credit to get credit
>can't get credit

What do?

Men in most 1st world countries live with their parents until they get married. Only in America are men shamed for it.

Attached: IMG_5892.jpg (600x395, 52K)

Lol, let me guess. You live at home

Ask a parent to issue a credit card in your name on their credit. When they object, tell them they can keep the card and cancel it after one month.

Presto. You now have a credit history.

I do. But I'm also a lawyer.

Go to a bank and get a Secure Credit Card. Bank of America has one. Basically, you give them some amount of money, and that is your credit line. It functions exactly as a credit card. After 1 year, they refund you the money and you have a credit card, and you get a bump in your credit score. Make payments on time. Had to do that when I was 18

pay me.

Solid advice based, user. Saved in advice.txt

get a secured credit card. just bite the bullet and pay the deposit. it’s worth it, trust me. use it to pay for gas and maybe a few lunches only. pay it off on time and be consistent, you can bring your credit score up in a matter of months. just don’t be an idiot and swipe blindly. after a few months, request a credit increase but don’t get another credit card. it’ll raise your score. after you get to 700, get another credit card, and use them for simple things. unless you have a great career, use it carefully. after you hit pass mid 700’s you’ll qualify for lower interest rate and be approved for a lot of things.

Shit Lawyer*

that's actually brilliant.

No.

>Solid advice based, user.
wow, i fucked that up.

Wow, someone go get the diploma right now!

Attached: 1521947749109s.jpg (125x93, 2K)

get put get away stay away,assess your job skills,improve on them,get schooling,use the job to help with both expenses,rent school food,aim high,recognize success will pay off not right away
a good bet is folks will be willing to help out of you show them you are a plugger,,
if your pals are as you describe,,most of them will be still living in ma's house basement at age 30
& up

or you can also ask a parent or someone responsible to authorize you on their credit card. they don’t have to give you a credit card either, if they take care of their credit it basically rubs off on you and you benefit from it. you do absolutely nothing too.

Fucking Americans. Your mom lives in a 4 bedroom, house alone. Your father rents a 3 bedroom apartment and lives alone. Your brother lives in a 2 bedroom apartment alone. Your sister lives in a 3 bedroom house with 2 roommates. And you live in a 2 bedroom apartment with a roommate.

But if all of you lived together, your family could save up money and open a restaurant in two years. Such a waste of money.

>or you can also ask a parent or someone responsible to authorize you on their credit card.

That's literally what I said.

You mad

>22, want to move out, blowing all my money on a vehicle, just realized that being an "adult" while living under parents' rule is difficult, what do?

(part 1)

At your age, you need to be taking a few steps.

1) Spend less money. If you are blowing _all_ of your money on a car, you can't afford that car. You need to either use it as an investment and drive it to find better jobs, or figure out a cheaper car / public transit / whatever. Stop eating so much take-out and restaurant food. Find a meaning in life so that you're not blowing all your resources on video games / collectible nonsense. You want to be able to put (AT LEAST) 10% of your income into savings/investment (a bank account with an interest rate is better than nothing), and still be able to pay your bills. If you can't manage it, you need smaller bills.

2) Set yourself up to make more money in the future, if not now. You should be looking for a job that pays enough that you can afford car/housing/utilities/food/etc. You will probably have to make those bills smaller than you'd like at your age, but you can find a job that will pay for them, regardless of education/experience/etc. What you really want to be doing is finding a job that will give you the experience necessary to move up later in life. Get a job that teaches a marketable skill, even if it pays shit to start. Or get a job that has room to move up into management, as leadership skills and experience are extremely marketable. This can even be done in something as simple as a food service or retail job - but you'll have to work hard to stand out, and you need to get out of those industries as soon as you've got a good year or so of management experience.

3) Get other peoples' reputation and history to help you. Some apartments will ask for references; have them ready. Since you don't have much rental/home ownership experience, you'll probably need a co-signer for a lease or mortgage. Get one, probably your parents.

Attached: clock.jpg (1600x1200, 190K)

>just turned 18
>getting welding degree, working $10/hr at a big hardware store until i can get a metalworking job
>no car
>no idea how to find an apartment
>no idea how to do most adult life things because highschool and parents were useless
i know still living at home is perfectly reasonable in my condition, and if i tried moving out i would totally fall on my face, but something just feels wrong about still leeching off them.

Both my parents were dead by the time I was 16.

What is that picture and why did everyone lose their shit over it?

Find a roommate. It cuts your rent in half and double your social value.

You need about three jobs it all flows from there

(part 2)

4) Look for an apartment (or small home) in your price range. What's your price range? Ideally, you want rent/mortgage payments to be no more than 1/3 of your net income (the amount you make after taxes/etc.), but while starting out, you need to make sure it's less than half (if you can manage that while still paying the rest of your bills and putting aside 10%). This means you'll probably start in a shitty part of your city or town, in a shitty apartment. Deal with it for now.

5) Once you've found your price range and the areas of town you want to look in, start the hunt. Look up apartments for rent in your city; you'll find there are plenty of websites devoted to this. Take a drive around the places in the city you're looking at and write down the phone numbers/websites listed on the signs in front of buildings. Call/look them up and see their price ranges. Also look them up to see if you can find reviews, so you avoid the cockroach-infested slum with bad management.

6) Call/email to set up a time to look at the apartment/home. Just tell them you're interested and you'd like to see it. They'll help you figure out a time. Give them any questions you want; they are there to make this deal happen.

7) When you're done doing the showing, they'll give you an application. Fill it out right away. Have your references ready. You might not be able to submit it right away, since you'll need that co-signer, but have your co-signer ready as soon as possible. That's it. They'll contact you to finish the deal once your application is submitted and checked.

A little more advice incoming...

Attached: Capture.jpg (1010x317, 32K)

Lived on my own for 3 years. Broke with with my gf of 8 years. Ended up back home at 25 with no transportation and withdrawing from school with a toxic family that all have mental illness and live in poverty. I have plans to be on my own again by the end of april. Had a tough childhood. Credit ruined by my mom as a kid.

What ive learned op is that you need to want it hard enough to make shit happen cuz it wont fall in your lap. The motivation wont come out of nothing. U just need to shia labeuff it and juat fuckin do it. Make it happen. Its fuckin Hard work. U need to be out there looking fot apartments in your budget. U need to think about rooming up with someone. Its a lot easier than being on your own.

Id suggest, to get started, that you Ask some friends of yours if they want to get an apartment to share expenses.

Getting a roomate is a serious decision. Dont room with anyone unless you know theyre going to be reliable with expenses and clean up after themselves.

Good luck op

This. It's the trillionaires doing. Those fucks have everyone running around in a satanic maze basically dazed...

Yea fuck the system!

t. poorfags

(part 3)

8) You might need to consider being someone's roommate if you don't make enough money to have your own place yet. Don't do this with close friends, imo. It complicates relationships. Do it with a significant other if _and only if_ you are fairly sure of the relationship, and if you have enough money to maintain independence if your relationship goes sour.

9) Eventually, start putting your savings into reliable investments (like a Roth IRA, or a stock Index Fund). Keep some savings funds easily available for emergencies. Build your credit score by getting a credit card, keep it on budget (only use it for things you needed anyway like groceries/bills, instead of gadgets and eating out), pay it off right away so you don't have to pay interest (only use it when you already have the money to pay it off). Apply for better jobs. Get to the point where you can be making payments to own your car and home, rather than leasing/renting, as quickly as possible (without fucking your budget or signing a loan with a variable interest that will likely fuck you later).

a little more life advice incoming after this...

Attached: godhand.jpg (500x500, 78K)

>Finish college
>Get a job
>Rent a home

Watch some Gary Vee, but then actually go out and do shit.

Try checking Craigslist free items and sell them for money on eBay

(part 4)

Young adults tend not to realize how difficult freedom can be.

Don't blow all your money partying.

Make sure you are putting that 10% aside, and _never_ touching it (except for actual, life-changing emergencies).

You will feel a lot better and will organize your life more successfully if your home is clean and organized.

Have a routine, so that you clean parts of your home and exercise and whatever out of habit.

Keep a calendar and have a recorded schedule of things you need to do.

Get enough sleep, so you don't fuck your motivation during the day.

Learn to cook a handful of quick, cheap, healthy meals, and then do that regularly.

Do everything with the goal of having a better life next year.

Have goals - written down and reviewed regularly - that you are actively working on.

When negative things happen, no matter who is at fault, remember that your life is your responsibility.

Orient your life so that you have to rely on others as little as possible, but you still have people you can rely on if you need (and to establish those relationships reliably, you'll have to put in the work so other people can rely on you too).

Get disloyal and go-nowhere people out of your life quickly.

Your credit history, criminal record, and social reputation are more useful and important tools than people treat them.

Don't tolerate unnecessary drama in relationships. Be willing to drop SOs and friends that will not respect your boundaries and have no interest in your needs. Make your interests and needs easily known, so that they know how to respect them. Respect these things for others, and be a good friend/SO.

Surround yourself with people you want to be like.

Honestly believe that you can do anything for which you can develop a plan, develop plans for the way you want your life to be, and work on them regularly.

Get rid of addictions that control you. Illegal substances are not the only addictions.

Attached: manliness.png (1000x650, 829K)

>oldfags
>move out of parents house

pick one

Attached: 1410851268770.jpg (499x750, 100K)

I moved into one of those college places where they have a 4 bedroom apartment and each bedroom has it's own lease with all bills included, so you get 3 roommates.

If I could do it again, I'd buy a used travel trailer or rv. That's cheap enough living that you can save for a house, and once you have a house you can still go camping in the rv. And camping is the shit later on when you have kids.

I first lived on my own when i went to college. First was student housing so it wasn't really on my own, but a few friends and I moved out into our own house we managed to convince this guy to rent to us. Been living with roommates since. I keep seeing a lot of people say living with friends isn't the way to go, but honestly it's been fun for me. Yeah there are shitty parts to it, having to cover for others if they don't have their money on time, dealing with bad habits like dishes and cleaning in general. The thing is though I can deal with all that because I'm living in a nice suburban neighborhood 4 bedroom house only paying 385 dollars a month in rent +around 200 for utilities.

The thing about getting a house or apartment regardless of roommates or not, is credit and income. The shittier the credit the more important your income is. Most places require you to have a combined income of 3x the rent. So going solo is tricky, which is why roommates are helpful assuming they all have steady jobs.

Biggest mistake I made was covering for other roommates, it put me in a shit ton of debt that I'm barely getting out of. So if you do go with roommates have some that you trust the most and won't bail when shit gets rough. Understand their mannerisms at home, are they clean and pickup after themselves. You said you have friends that still live with their parents so I'm assuming if they're around you're age they'd also be interested in moving out too.