Hey Sup Forums you know those self watering dog bowls like in pic related...

Hey Sup Forums you know those self watering dog bowls like in pic related, what if you made an above ground vertical pool like that?

Attached: pet-water-dispenser-dog-cat-drink-fresh-health-automatic-self-watering-bowl-lrg-7690d8942cdf8da8bb7f (400x400, 11K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/bhzbpDgTvXU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Its called a water tower

You would probably drown..

That would be dumb. All that stagnant water...There's a reason it's done the way it is currently....because it works well.

This

Can you draw it

im no artist

Attached: bad drawing.png (800x600, 9K)

How does this work?? Why doesn't the water flow out???

i really dont know but it does

Why would you want that though? What purpose would that serve, that a normal pool wouldn't?

youtu.be/bhzbpDgTvXU heres a diy video of those bowls

You're wanting to always have fresh water in your pool? So you dont have to empty and refill?

no im just saying an above ground vertical pool like that would be cool

because the pressure inside the cylinder is lower, the water stays up high. It has to be perfectly sealed above the outside water line tho, if the air can get in at all it will empty

Fuckin magnets, how do they work?

actually on top of that, you would need a pump to remove the water vapour that would build up in the top of the cylinder, as the water vapour pressure increases the water level will decrease, so you have to keep pumping it out.

i get what you're saying but i think it'd be too dangerous, y'know? because with traditional pools you can immediately surface if you need more air but with this if you went into the tube there's no air- unless there's an opening at the top,but even then, you'd have to reach it in time, which would be dangerous for less talented swimmers.

some basic pressure calculations assuming you have a perfect vacuum inside the tower means you can only get the water to reach about 33 feet or around 10m, beyond that atmospheric pressure isnt high enough to keep the water up.

what if you put air pockets like this?

Attached: bad drawing2.png (800x600, 19K)

i mean, sure.

It would stagnate because there's no fresh oxygen in there. You would actually suffocate.

Lol what for? Ppl will drown by the time they reach the mid section of the vertical pool. Youll need good grade glass so that it doesnt cave in

that wont work, the only reason the water stays up is because of the pressure difference between the atmosphere and the vacuum inside the tower, if you add air pockets you remove the vacuum and it will all collapse. the air you put into the pockets will expand and escape, filling up the top of the tower and ruining your plan. sorry bro, no gasses allowed

yeah yeah

no, the problem is that for the pockets to exist and the water to stay up, the pressure inside them would be so low as to be completely worthless, you would take a breath of almost nothing

because the pressure in the upper section would be so low that your body would literally explode, like in a vacuum.