seymourduncan.com/pickup/vintage-stack-tele-neck
youtu.be/_g-XjSmLXFI
vocaroo.com/i/s0Km6mcFWL8R
i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
vocaroo.com/i/s0dVe0FYFMYA
my.mixtape.moe/fjhuhz.m4a
vocaroo.com/i/s0rIKs3YFoYh
vocaroo.com/i/s1DxNjidnSIR
musicradar.com/news/fender-unveils-50s-fsr-stratocaster-and-p-90-equipped-telecaster-guitars
vocaroo.com/i/s0sRpYDibOfF
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

hello

does anyone know what trem arm fits a 90 CIJ fender squier supersonic? i can't seem to find one that will fit.

FIrst

>pickups change the sound of the guitar

It's all in the fingers bro

Anyone else ever done something interesting to an old guitar of theirs?

FUCK!!!!!

I did that many many years ago

nice get

yeah muh fingers, ask your mom.

40 cheap guitars give or take at $200 each is $8K. That equals 3 or 4 good quality axes.

That image makes me panic, I might be a hoarder.
/gg/ how many instruments do you own?
What's their total value?
What do you think is the right ratio between price and number of instruments?
When is it too much?

Mom jokes.

>We in high school now.

5mm

I doubt any of those is over 200 used market value.
Maybe the ibanez roadstar or the reverse headstock superstrat.

I wouldn't say it's a choice between big brand or boutique pups.
For me it's more a choice of which big brand, or which boutique pups, to go for.
When it comes to boutique, I'd say, it's on a case by case basis of which ones from which companies sound particularly nice, so I couldn't say I'm drawn to any particular one.
But for big brand, Seymour Duncan 100%, for 2 reasons.
1) I love their stack pickups.
2) They have a not half bad custom shop that I'm GASsing to get a set or two through.

BIG BRAND NAME PICKUPS LIKE DIMARZIO SEYMOUR DUNCAN EMG ETC, OR BOUTIQUE PICKUPS?
WHATS YOUR CHOICE?

I fuckin answered you you fuckin fruit

I know i just read it sorry dude. No need to be a bully.
And it is the right answer. I feel the same way except for the seymour duncan part. Im not a loyalist but suhr and dimarzio are my go to before SD

>duct tape
>interesting
boy you must lead a wild life

Meh nothing crazy

3 basses
1 electric guitar
2 acoustic guitars
1 violin
not counting amps, peripherals, etc., probably around $4-5k usd total

only the wildest!

Yeah each to their own, I just really like the sound of their vintage stack tele pickup.
youtube.com/watch?v=0V06rLeKaME
It's fairly saturated in effects in the vid, but you can still get an idea of what it sounds like by comparing the SD promo vid to Nok Novum's previous recording of the same song.
noknovum.bandcamp.com/track/pog
I'd love to know how the stack was wired in the demonstration vid, whether they wired it series or parallel.
What I'd do is order a bridge jazzmaster stack pickup, to match the neck tele stack they already have in output. because they'd be stacks, they could also both be the same winding and polarity since Johnny Marr says that having them the same polarity is a good thing and I'd be willing to give that a shot. The stacks would still allow for hum cancelling.
Dunno what I'd do for a guitar though. Would probably have to buy a warmoth with the right cavities routed, but even then I'd have to probably deepen the pickup cavities myself to accommodate them being slightly deeper stack pickups.
But it'd sound fuckin sick man.
Here's one of their (non-stacked) Jazzmaster pups, demonstration vid starts with the bridge.
youtube.com/watch?v=ZIvm_-hSEog

Oh yeah, the sound samples of the vintage stack on SD's website is probably a better example because they're nowhere near as effects laden.
seymourduncan.com/pickup/vintage-stack-tele-neck
I like how it sounds both on the vid and on the site.

POST UNDERRATED GUITARISTS AND THEIR MUSIC
youtu.be/_g-XjSmLXFI

Hank is amply rated. He's just so incredibly old school that recognition since the turn of the century from a fresh audience is maybe lacking, but he still has a longer standing loyal fan-base.

They do sound good. Believe it or not i orefer using my neck emg for playing smiths stuff. It has a nice attack. I had a shit recording but i guess i deleted it. I posted it a few weeks ago. Doing a smiths medley. But ive read that he got alot of his sound from overdubbing multiple guitar recordings.

why are your strings everywhere but where they should be?

Because they are due to be replaced and i ripped them off to get it done quicker bit yet theyre still there

It's only more recently that Marr committed himself to using one guitar with his signature Jag.
For most of his career (including with The Smiths obviously), yeah, he would use multiple guitars as he saw fit.
Hold on I might be wrong, he might still keep an SG handy for full-on humbucker stuff, if he feels running his Jag in series isn't enough.

whats a cool semi hollow bass?

was thinking about a 4003 rick but they're expensive af

Youre more of a Marr fan than me. I admire his work but never sought his tone or guitar.

SOMEONE SING OVER THIS
vocaroo.com/i/s0Km6mcFWL8R

>i.imgur.com/yfgsTaq.png
Took my old fender squier and changed out the neck and replacing the pickguard to make it look like David Gilmours from Pink Floyd. Might fuck around with some pickups later but I don't want to sink too much money into a cheap guitar. Just a fun little project.

SHIT QUALITY RECORDINGS

vocaroo.com/i/s0dVe0FYFMYA

are you using a metronome?

Literally not a single guitar I'd want to pick out from this picture of shitty metal-bro guitars

No. But give me a drummer and im on perfect beat. Im more of a band player.

ever considered a music man game changer? may not be able to replicate caps tho

orange micro crush

not polyphonic,air nortons seem cool tho

That's pretty bad quality. But the playing sounds fairly clean all else considered.

Here is some quick improv.
my.mixtape.moe/fjhuhz.m4a

This is my bored

vocaroo.com/i/s0rIKs3YFoYh
i've only been playing for 3 months, i'm using some scale and hitting random notes on it
how do I go from that to actually making a track? i can pretty much only do this weird thrash kind of sound right now with 16th notes, and it's still pretty dirty

vocaroo.com/i/s1DxNjidnSIR
here's something with chords and relatively clean, vocaroo has really dogshit quality

kvlt

Les Paul Studio Faded or American Special Stratocaster?
Dunno which one, they are about the same price.
I like both sounds, I just don't know where my heart is.

American special hss. But in all honesty save up 400 more. Youre hitting a wierd spot in guitars where 1000 gets you alot but just shy of the real good stuff. I was on the fence between an american special and an american pro. I got the american pro. You cant buy vmods and they are nice.

I was thinking of throwing in some SD, like an STK-4, or 7 I can't remember the exact model, set. And for the Faded, I like that it comes it BB instead of 490 series which is too dirty imo.

Any good mini amp recs? Low on cash atm. Is danelectro honeytone good?

The Strat gives you more options sound-wise (and technique-wise with the wang bar). Plus, LPs are furniture. Strats are an extension of your being.

Yeah the 490 500t are super dirty. Look up suhr aldrich pickups for les pauls. They are made for heavy mahogany lp guitars. And they clean up very well.

Fuck, that, scratch that.
Which one of these two babes, limited run for the end of the year.

musicradar.com/news/fender-unveils-50s-fsr-stratocaster-and-p-90-equipped-telecaster-guitars

Jazzmaster desu

What's the best strat color if I want hipsters to think I'm cool without being a hipster myself?

Depends on the era you want to impress.
Always pick maple neck though, they hate rosewood.

please respond

You can get a tone or outta those. I'll probably pick one up when I'm settled.

>That baked neck tele in shit colors or that hank marvin wannabe.
Hard choice desu. They are both nice. But tell me more about the strat.

Fuck you im no hipster.

Good to know. Also, is there any real discernible difference between cables?

I have a Yamaha APX500ii, looking for a new acoustic/electric guitar. Somewhere in the under 1K range. Any ideas?
Was interested in some Taylor's but everyone around me literally has a Taylor model of some sort. I want to stay clear from them.

Thanks

Not really but shittt ones break much much faster due to bending. Length in cables is where you should be worried about. But personally i recommend cables with lifetime warranties because if it breaks.... Boom free cable.

Taylor is nice
Yamaha be good too tho.
Ovation?

Any specific ones?

ANOTHER SHIT RECORDING

vocaroo.com/i/s0sRpYDibOfF

In all honesty as a guitarist. Ive tried it. Its good dude.

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/ovation-elite-1778-tx-acoustic-electric-guitar/620750000001000?cntry=us&source=3WWMWXGP&gclid=Cj0KCQiA0b_QBRCeARIsAFntQ9r3ITbqtJaTat386vP9HE9Yh_clHbQkSYq25gGtHkO6c49xvOg_TSAaAlg5EALw_wcB&kwid=productads-adid^221957295803-device^m-plaid^335491595913-sku^620750000001000@ADL4MF-adType^PLA

>personally i recommend cables with lifetime warranties because if it breaks.... Boom free cable.
Ok, retard.

That's not the way it works, there's no such thing as a "lifetime warranty" on a guitar cable. They'll only replace a cable if it fails due to some sort of fault that doesn't have anything to do with the sort of normal wear and tear a guitarist would put on a cable. What you're describing doesn't exist because you'd buy a cable and then the manufacture would be obligated to supply you with a new cable every time the one you originally bought failed for the rest of your life. You've never gotten a "free" replacement cable, you're full of shit. Your advice is shit.

And this is why your name should be filtered, because you talk out of your ass about stuff you don't have a clue about. I'm about to do exactly that and I'd suggest everyone else in this thread do the same. Goodbye.

Thanks roman

this. if you don't know how to filter its time to learn

Post your gear and a clip or else stfu. I run this bitch ok. No one else besides regrettably samuel the brazilian posts their gear and clips as much. And its not even about quality its about the love for the guitar. But i guess youve only seen your mom get that type of all inclusive every nigga type of love

WHATS YOUR GO TO COMPRESSOR BESIDES LISA RHEA GRABIGELS MOUTH?
PIC RELATED

You mean this swine?

Who is this and why do I keep seeing her?

LMAO

yeah pic related this is an old image from Sup Forums but it applies to namefags just the same

Roman the autistic posters mom. Hes the anime and vomit poster plus others. Plus probably you

forgot the image haha

Hahahahha lmao. There you go with the damage control. Last time it was imoersonating me for 4 threads lol desperate queer.

you see the way he reacts when you don't respond? haha he can't take it, drops his name etc. this is how you clean house on Sup Forums

I tried to "relic" an old Squier (had poly finish) but I failed so I ended up just selling it on craigslist, oh well

The person who owns these has probably never written a good song.

Trips are never ignored newfag

Move over, Azur Lane is the new hotness.

I NEED TO MAKE.IT BROS. FOR MY FAMILY.

What makes you assume that was his aim? Do you except every who owns an instrument to write music?

Post your next purchase.

Recommendations for guitars less than 1000$?
Australia only plz

Probably this

Tasteful.

find your filter everyone. its under settings in the top right corner of the screen. add the words you dont want to see anymore. thank me later

Those are some fat f holes. Thats a lewd bitch... Nice

that's a depressing ass pic

rather than have 25 guitars, why not have better living conditions and 1 guitar?

shit is sad

>Lmao this damage control
Whats wrong roman. Getting scared?

I always love the way you set yourself up so you can attack with a different personality. (Yes, some of us are paying attention less to what you say and more to how you say it.) Cheers to another fine take down!

Minimalism hasn't caught on to the masses yet, they still don't understand the concept of quality over quantity. The guy who lives in that house and owns all those guitars is probably a miserable person too.

Lmao.
Post memes.

>Global Rules
>3. You will not post any of the following outside of Sup Forums: Trolls, flames, racism, off-topic replies
>off-topic replies