How about we comprise? You can keep all your guns, but you have to give up all your ammunition

How about we comprise? You can keep all your guns, but you have to give up all your ammunition.

Attached: 1521888026570.jpg (513x558, 131K)

Other urls found in this thread:

nrafoundation.org/corporate-support/
scientificamerican.com/article/4-laws-that-could-stem-the-rising-threat-of-mass-shootings/
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

sure, you can have your freedom of speech but can't use any words

How about you get over yourselves and accept that libtards are powerless in the gun control effort. Sandy Hook was way worse of a shooting and after 5 years the worst thing that has happened is a few states banned ARs and mags over 10 rounds. Your push for gun control is almost as historically pathetic as prohibition was. Your only real feat is the fact that you haven't killed yourselves yet.

I'll give you a 2/10 for that shitpost because I wasted time replying.

You have the right to bear arms, not to use them

At least outside of a well-regulated militia

Crystallisyt/Twitch

Mi Senor, Mi de soy rancho.

my family is a well-regulated milita

Tired of seeing Fidel's photo. The Astroturf kids can fuck right off.

2/10 y not 1/5

There's gonna be an NRA hero that goes on a shooting spree with handguns and puts up a high number and it's going to confuse the shit out it the left

The constitution specifies *a* well regulated militia, not a million families calling themselves militias. The US Armed Forces is our well-regulated militia.

>implying astroturf isn't the NRA

how often does a representative from the state adjutant general inspect your hillbilly clan?

no, the us armed forces is the *nation's* military.
it's not a "militia"
way to shitpost and halfthink though

>and its going to confuse the shit out of the left?

>angry small peni man uses tool for its designated purpose.

Whats confusing?

In the language it was written, a well-regulated militia referred to a national military. Read a history book m8

>implying the NRA is anywhere near as powerful as hysterical morons online make it out to be

Congress is granted authority over the militia just as it is granted authority to raise and regulate the Army & Navy. There's no effective legal difference as far as Congress's power to create their rules for operation.

You really think it costs that much to buy a politician and keep him bought?

Attached: 971d14e06b669b1cdf6e4959b10e7eda78c6ca16df9bb9cf2c30da2dd132c1ee.jpg (500x500, 37K)

>Another anti-gunner who doesn't understand the fundamentals of English

Attached: ss+(2018-02-05+at+04.53.08).png (817x468, 49K)

how many threads will be dedicated to her and who is pushing these?
seriously, i cannot tell anymore
is this Sup Forums or liberals?

and what's the difference, really?

why do i have to wait 5 minutes for a "duplicate post" but there are multiple threads about her created at once?

How about we compromise, you can keep the federal laws you have the the books now, and we won't go after changing them or litigating them away for the next generation.

Virginia Tech was all handguns and more numbers.

i've read several, "m8" and i know for a fact there was no standing army prior to the revolution and the founding fathers did not think having one was the best idea.
look up minutemen and a few other bits of american revolution-era history and then come back and admit you're just playing bullshit word games with zero evidence to back your claims.

"the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, *shall not be infringed*"
maybe you can brush up on reading comprehension along with history.

But user that would be an actual compromise

They just want to slowly eat away what little rights you have left under the "compromise" they don't eat it all in one bite.

You reduce a rating out of 10 like you would a fraction? I bet you're super popular.

How about we compromise and just kill the niggers?

sorry you're still confused that
usmc/army/usaf/navy =/= "militia"
stay dumb, dude.

How about you grow up and give up anime?

Attached: le goblina.png (582x673, 332K)

Corporations buy politicians, the NRA organizes effectively and funds primary challenges when a point needs to be made.

>implying the left only have a problem with certain types of the wide range of killing tools american weirdos can buy without issue.

You Americans are fucking hilarious.

you americans

Attached: James-Bond-save-money-on-alcohol.jpg (1744x1227, 406K)

There was no standing army prior to the revolution, which is why it was written in the language it was written in. Instead they wanted a militia backed and ultimately controlled by congress. It ain't 1787 anymore though and we need to have a national military for countless reasons. Are you proposing we dismantle the armed forces and replace it with "well regulated" families with guns?

Art I Sec 8 ..To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the militia, and for governing such part of them as may be employed in the service of the United States, reserving to the states respectively, the appointment of the officers, and the authority of training the militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;
It's black and white, Congress has the same power to regulate the militia as it does your le regular maymay army.

>Compromise

Fuck off, that word pisses me off almost as much as when lefty antigunners pass of their views as timeless wisdom with the phrase "common sense".

Attached: Illustrated-Guide-To-Gun-Control.png (750x3200, 204K)

If congress has authority over the militia, is there a significant difference between militia/armed forces beyond semantics?

The left can have all the problems it wants, but handguns are off-limits until it can get a majority on SCOTUS to overturn standing precedent. Hell, thats half the reason we want a national carry reciprocity bill. We don't actually want whatever passes, we want the inevitable Heller-based challenge to a Federal law to lead to the deregulation of concealed and open carry.

>implying corporations don't fund the NRA

Militia forces that aren't federalized are maintained by the states, but they can be federalized by Congress whenever needed. That's the main difference.

>implying most corporations care about gun control
>implying the NRA isn't funded by gun manufacturers and military contractors

>organizing
>arming
>disciplining
>governing such part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States

None of that has anything to do with arms the militia might privately bear.

>implying the base of the nra aren't real Americans.

Is your family maintained by the state?

Corporations are people too, my friend

Kek, they're not, thank Christ. That's why the NRA is astroturf

Attached: images (6).jpg (248x203, 8K)

Looked at their tax documents recently? I get it, "muh Big Guns" is a nice rhetorical device because you can tie anti-corporate sentiment to the gun control debate, but its not only factually incorrect its also strategically poor. You're assuming a much smaller, more easily manage opponent than you actually face.

I don't pretend my family is a mullisha.

when the retarded post

sure kid
this retarded

ah wrong kid

>just regular individuals
Who work for gunmakers, wow, what normal freaks of murderous nature.

being this retarded

sure kid
stay retarded

Attached: giphy.gif (300x158, 1.05M)

ask Hillary she would know

Attached: C24jXVUXcAEP0LH.jpg (598x792, 69K)

It's still maintained by government and has nothing to do with individuals who don't belong to such a militia

Attached: latest.png (295x413, 178K)

Sick burn kid. Wow I'm never voting for Hillary in 2016 now.

sure kistay retarded

when you're this retarded

proof kid

sure kid
stay mad

nrafoundation.org/corporate-support/

when you're this retarded

when the retarded post

*yawn*

proves nothing as expected

Op can keep sucking dicks just no more facials.

What shitty sliding

Attached: elsli.gif (480x270, 1.5M)

-permit to purchase

-deny purchases to violent felons

-confiscate guns of convicted domestic abusers

-temporarily suspend gun rights of dysfunctional alcoholics

These four laws have all been tested and found to significantly affect rates of gun violence.

can we talk about an actual compromise?

Deregulate silencers, open the machine gun registry, pass national concealed carry reciprocity (and enforce it in non-compliant states)

and we'll agree to only load 29 rounds in our 30 round magazines. Promise.

>-deny purchases to violent felons
Fuck off gunfag

being this retarded

post proof

What is the Dick act?

this retarded

When "responsible gun owners" is one of the main talking points in the gun owning community, there is no reason not to embrace legislation that aims to standards the gun owning community already believes in

In the language it was written the well regulated militia was a prefatory clause and had no effect on the right outlined by the amendment, the right of the people to keep and bear arms. Many historical experts and the supreme court of the united states have agreed on this interpretation.

I didn't say anything about regular individuals. They're gun nuts, not quite the hardcore of the movement but extreme enough to be marginal to the general population but mainstream within their specific cultural context. They're also effective and experienced at organizing.

Look at Illinois' concealed carry law. The 7th Circuit told Illinois it had to pass a shall issue law or deal with Constitutional Carry. The Illinois General Assembly and Senate both had veto-proof Democratic supermajorities. The governor was a Democrat and life-long gun control advocate. They could have written any bill they wanted, but the NRA ran a three level strategy.

The first level was a lobbyist leaning on down-state, rural Democrats from pro-gun districts to pair down the super-majority. The Governor was almost certain to veto anything and failure to pass the bill would constitute a win for the NRA, so peeling a few votes would be effective.

The second level came from old-fashioned compromise. One side wants some stuff, the other side wants other stuff, people on both sides give. Thing is, the NRA actually knew what it was after and understood what the language meant.

The final, and most important, step was political organizing. NRA members took their own time to make phone calls and send e-mails. I don't mean the normal political organizer push of a call to your local representative and senator, maybe one to the chair of a committee. I mean dozens or hundreds of calls and e-mails per NRA member per day. Springfield's voicemail system shut down. Almost every local representative's local office's phone and fax systems were worthless. Politicians used to getting a dozen constituent e-mails a day were getting thousands from all over the state. Non-committed votes and committee members got it even worse. For a month you had the majority of state-level elected officials unable to use basic communications and hounded constantly.

sure kid
stay retarded

sure kid
where oh where did you get this pasta

scientificamerican.com/article/4-laws-that-could-stem-the-rising-threat-of-mass-shootings/

Scientific American, no gun ban necessary

>that-could
so you're not talking actual laws then
just something you read

Vote for pedro

Sure kid. I'll hand them over one at a time, in rapid succession.

24 hours a day, 7 days a week, the same incendiary, simplistic gun threads appear, and the same "sure kid" trolls pop up offering no discussion or input.

This costs money.

Responsible gun legislation does not mean banning guns. Guns are indeed a part of the US constitution and a part of the US identity. It is a constitutional right that comes with responsibilities, responsibilities the gun owning community largely agrees on.

The aim of the trolls is to propagate unthinking tribalism to advance political goals beyond the gun rights issue. Their win condition is not relaxed gun legislation but general dysfunction and a breakdown in the national political discussion.

Gun owners all know the "responsible gun owners" line is rhetoric. Every time you hear them talk about "protecting liberty" what they're really doing is reserving the fundamental right to resort to guerrilla warfare. The Feds are well aware of their playbook and order of escalation:

>1) Weird dudes playing with guns inna woods
>2) Mild pains in the ass
>3) Loud, obnoxious, political organization and spending
>4) Bundy/Weaver/Davidians
>5) Actual domestic terrorism

Since the late 90s the Federal Government has wanted to keep gun owners at level 3 or below. Thats why nobody got shot when the Bundys showed up with a militia twice. Everybody but the kids who are just now getting into being political remembers what it was like the last time the Federal government made a real push for gun control and everyone is aware that the gun culture has both more weapons and is more extreme than the last time around. Hell, in the 90s the gun culture was mostly hunters and the guys with ARs talking about concealed carry were weird, marginal extremists. Now those weird extremists are the mainstream and every guy with a freezer full of venison has a back-up piece in an ankle holster "just in case."

Pancho Villa

being this buttmad when someone disagrees with you.

If you read the article, you will see that those four laws have been implemented before, just never on a national scale.

still not proving his claims
this retarded
watch out kid theres a russian behind you

where oh where did you find this pasta

sure kid
just your run of the mill speculation

so laws that aren't on the books then
thanks for admitting you lied

sure kid

If that emotionally neutral post is what "buttmad" looks like to you, then you are very obviously opposed to political discussion as a whole, and thus opposed to democracy itself.

just speculation
you weren't even born yet kid

wow this retarded

What does the phrase "laws that aren't on the books" even mean?

For that matter, why do you have no opinion on the laws themselves? Surely if you actually cared about the issue you would be considering the pros and cons of those laws.

hey hey imma cut chu imma cut chu so bad u gonna wihs i dont cutshu so bad