King Gizzard has cemented their place as the greatest rock band of the 2010s

King Gizzard has cemented their place as the greatest rock band of the 2010s

Unironically yes

Amazing album

Honestly that isn't saying much. What competition do they even have?

Pond, Tame Impala, Chaz Bundick Meets the Mattson 2, Babe Rainbow, etc.

Exactly

>implying you know Chaz Bundick Meets the Mattson 2

im late to the party

i loved this album, nonagon infinity, and flying microtonal banana. where do i go next with thr Gizz?

Float Along - Fill Your Lungs
or Paper Mache Dream Balloon

shit your pants and then die

float along
paper mache
mind fuzz

ODDMENTS

>be me, listening to the new gizz album, smoking weed
>dad comes in and says he hasn't heard RIFFS this SICK since Led Zeplin
>can't help myself and let out a loud LMAO

DUDE

Is this supposed to be a criticism?

Assigning negative traits to something you dislike (especially ones that don't exist) is dumb, user.

SICK

>chances are that Chaz' deal with them is once off

>they still have one more release planned for this year

what do you think the concept will be? what do you want to see king gizzard explore next?

christmas

christmas

christmas

They did that with Mind Fuzz and Nonagon moreso than this royalty free prog album

Australian Christmas, involving Santa Claus as he fights evil possessed robots in the Australian outback with nothing but his fists. No mentions of anything stereotypically related to Christmas. Possibly featuring the guy who voiced Saxton Hale.

Jewish Mysticism

Either FMB part 2 or some cheesy christmas album

Nobody has heard of any of those bands other than Tame Impala

>people are plebs

OK

>these bands 17 people have heard of are contenders for greatest rock band of all time
ok

Oh Sees are greater. Also, Gizzard put out better stuff like Mind Fuzz quite a while ago already.

>the quality of music is measured by how many people listen to it

Mind fuzz

Relax, he's insulting the fanbase not the music you sensitive faggot. Stop proving his point

wrong opinion (unless you just don't like prog I guess)

sketches of bruswick east holy shit

Sketches is so damn good

... so YOU havent heard of those bands other than Tame Impala

imagine dragons, syml, list could go on

Stu ripped off John Dywer hard.

>what are the Arctic Monkeys

>Tame Impala
I'm crying

Mind Fuzz is essential Gizz and closest to the albums you listed.

In what way? I'm genuinely curious. Gizz did start pretty close to OCS but they've moved onto their own style since then.

>imagine dragons
>best rock band
>are you srs m8

its a meme my dude

Basically just tame impala

DUDE

More like a cool, quirky psych rock band that tries to sell the same shit 5 times, but with different gimmicks

There is no musical gimmick this time.

RANK EM

Murder of the Universe > Flying Microtonal Banana > Polygondwanaland > Sketches of Brunswick > A Very Merry Gizzmas

Unironically their best album this year
Polygondwanaland > FMB > Sketches of Brunswik > MotU

Polyrhythms

FMB > Sketches = Poly > MOTU

You're probably right, OP

They're the Dave Matthews Band of the 2010's
>le wacky time signatures

How is using polyrhythms a gimmick.

I liked the albums this year, but I hope they cool their shit and take their time next year

>Polyrhythms
so thats where the title comes from

Fuck it was a gimmick

wtf are you retarded?

This beats any of the albums Gizzard released this year.

these faggots give taco bell a run for their money in releasing so many "variations" of the same few ingredients. it all sounds the same

Are you? they're no longer just throwing in spoken word passages or playing the same music on different instruments/interlocking the songs, they'r experimenting with the actual fucking music

i just got pranked

he's right you know. polyrhythms are the "musical gimmick" of this album, not that it's a bad thing. it's just in practically every song on the record lol

100% agree user. Just listened to the first song high af and you can definitely feel like they are trying to mesh every album they've done and make some fucking new music.

This album sounds nothing (n o t h i n g) like their last

eggs

No. Last I checked using different techniques to make good music isn't a gimmick, it's just experimenting. And even if it was a gimmick, you're saying that like polyrhythms are a bad thing.

t. someone that has never listened to gizz

this

will fantano review it?

MOTU could've been awesome if they didn't divide every fucking track

PICKLE RIFFS

MOTU

sory haven't been here in a while but is this band some kind of meme where we pretend it's good like we do with in the aeroplane of the sea?

nah

Grow up. What fucking difference does it make

Nonagon > Polygondwanaland > MotU > Mind Fuzz > FMB > Sketches

>Tame Impala
wew lad

I'm a huge Gizz fan, and I love Polygondwanaland. It's still a gimmick.

For it to be a gimmick it would need to be unique.

Name one Gizz album from the last few years that’s purely 4/4

>MotU > Mind Fuzz

*blocks your path*

industry plant

what the fuck this dude is so ahdnsome

As said before:
POLYgondwanaland
POLYrhythms

Polygondwanaland>Flying Microtonal Banana>Sketches of Brunswick East=Murder of the Universe

I was impressed with most of the releases this year but Jesus Christ Polygondwanaland is on another level.

Crumbling Castle is immense; Deserted Dunes + Inner Cell + Loyalty is an amazing section of music! The polyrhythm gimmick works very well too in my opinion, noticeable but doesn't feel like it upstages any of the songwriting itself. Flute polyrhythms are one thing I never knew I wanted.

Just started getting into Gizzard. listened to polygondwanaland yesterday, loved it. What album should I listen to next?

Nonagon Infinity or Flying Microtonal Banana.

They're so fucking repetitive at this point. At least their old albums had variation.

Literally opened this album heard that repetitive ass riff they keep doing small variations of and closed the tab.

Boring, same upbeat gizz sound.. come at me gizz circlejerkers

rattlesnake

that's a song mate

>rock band
yeah no weg isn't a rock band

They do some good psychrock yeah

Oh shit i read that wrong. Well i guess you're right

go back to Mind Fuzz and listen in chronological order from there. If you're still curious give their early albums a shot afterwards

Seriously? I mean the project they just previous released sounds nothing like this.
It draws some vocal influence from it maybe.Though it's the same vocalist, what do you expect? It sounds similar to their previous stuff because they're the same band, though the music is clearly changing.
Maybe just go back and have a re-listen to their last four albums.

underrated

king jizzfags are so close to radioheadfags in terms on getting triggered over any single criticism

The fact is, as much as Radiohead, their entire discography is flawless: that's why any criticism is grostesque.

This is literally the most sonically varied album they released this year, what the fuck are you talking about? Maybe listen to the entire album before making wrong comments

Hahahhaahahhhahahhhhahahaahahah