You gunnuts need ATGMs and SAMs if you're going to fight the government...

You gunnuts need ATGMs and SAMs if you're going to fight the government. Why aren't you concerned that you've never been allowed to have those?

Attached: Javelin.jpg (800x561, 111K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rebellions_in_the_United_States
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

i have always been very concerned about this

need a navy
need an airforce
need a ground invasion force

at some point I think we need to accept revolutions are over

i'm sure that someone of the ol' boys in oregon and kentucky have them.

revolutions don't need cutting edge weaponry. just the will of the people.

I'm not a libertard, but I am chuckling thinking about how many hill billies would blow themselves up with some modern armaments. It would be like Andy giving Barney more than 1 bullet. kek.

and usually a lot of foreign funding

Attached: 4d5.jpg (720x662, 41K)

they had the backing of the professionally trained and equipped NVA, supplied by Russia and China. The vietcong weren't a spontaneous redneck uprising

yeah cause the government is gonna go scorched earth policy on it's own infrastructure and territory
real solid strategy there if you ask me

Attached: 1518033904642.gif (500x364, 1.49M)

tell that to guy napalming your neighboorhood

You were there?

if there was a widespread armed rebellion, what choice would they have?

No, but I am aware of history.

See

this.
the government would end up destroying its own tax base. try selling another $10 trillion in bonds when you can't service the debt you already have.

chemical warfare
i mean if they are gonna go tyrannical and start killing off their own citizens why not right?
i mean we're already talking about them just bombing the shit out of their own territories and civilians
why not just nerve gas em all while we are at it?

implying we don't have them already

w/e man I am thinking I am a dictator my people wanna revolution time to unleash my toys on them

If I were the Americans I would just starve them out cut off all utilities and pick them off with drones

civil wars, i agree, aren't easy to win if the government goes all out war on you
it usually doesn't
in every revolution, the military split, too, so theres that!

If Uncle Sam is after me with anything that would mandate me needing to use a javelin missile as defense, I would declare whatever I did to deserve that a worthy cause and I would die content. Try harder faggot go and be edgy somewhere else.

see you get it
>secret gubment official: "Hey look i know we have been trying to find a way to keep the population docile and under our control as cattle funding basically whatever projects we feel like exploring."
>Some other gubment official: "Yes, and everything has been going according to plan as far as I am aware, what about it?"
>Gubment official: "Well I was thinking, how about we just say fuck it and send the drones out to start bombing all the gun nuts and alt right faggots out there calling us cucks?"
>Other gubment official: "You mean just obliterate the root of all our capital as well as any public appeal among our own people and military as well as other western culture aligning countries in the world? I mean we would basically be blasting ourselves back another 100 years!"
>Gubment Official: "Yes but sir, is there really any other way to get them to stop posting pepe memes?"
>Other gubment official: "fire up the drones boys."

Attached: 1517936746703.jpg (600x678, 59K)

this isnt the situation. It's you guys saying you are going to rise up against the government. If a large part of the country was occupied by hostile militias, what choice would they have?

The point isn't that you can win pitched battles against a professional army with all its ordnance, as a rag-tag citizens' militia with small arms. The point is that you CAN FIGHT. You can bleed them. When they come patrolling through your neighborhood, you might be able to take a couple of the fuckers with you. Hell, you might even be able to run away and do it again; they couldn't engage in endless "manhunts" for everyone who resisted them. They'd never feel safe and there could be shooters behind any window.

Of course, they COULD call in the artillery and air-support and level your neighborhood, sure. What would this get them though? Well, it would piss a lot of people off when innocents died and play into the hands of rebels. It would make a lot of the soldiers in that professional military seriously consider whether they were doing the right thing or not. Finally, it would simply kill people, and NO ONE wants to rule a nation of corpses.

The aim of a tyrant is to control, not to kill. What they want is to be able to have militarized police & gestapo point guns at people and cow them into submission to whatever dictates they want to impose. If citizens are instead waiting behind their doors and ready to shoot first when the jackbooted thugs come around, they've already failed.

So, the point is to fight. If you resist, you're not being controlled, and you're also undermining attempts to control others who can't or won't fight. Yes, you might die, of course. However, that's why Patrick Henry said what he famously said, more or less.

"As long as people can resist, they can be free, and tyrants can never succeed." When you're talking about using swords, knives and clubs against modern military weapons though, it ACTUALLY becomes pointless, because you can't bleed them at all. They'll just shoot you with beanbags, rubber, water cannons, microwave guns and other submission devices.

That's why Americans having guns is so important.

Somebody didn't read the whole thing!

Attached: 1442190232469.png (479x376, 297K)

the US military would not kill their own people/families.

>It's you guys saying you are going to rise up against the government
iiffff
come on you can finish it, it's not like hostile militias are gonna rise up outta no where and attack the government because some woman wore an i'm with her hat, this isn't the middle east.
they will most likely be a reactionary response to a tyrannical move by the government in the first place to take away the rights of it's people
a last defense to protect those rights

Attached: 1518564733260.jpg (464x512, 36K)

in theory

in practice. they would hire the israelis to do it for them.

in practice american soldiers have killed americans before. american police do it all the time. its not a real issue.

Why are you convinced I haven't already built the segments and individually tested them, including the guidance system?

because you are posting on Sup Forums and not working as an engineer.

good luck to their wives, children, brothers, sisters and parents

yeah, that would be a clear situtation, and surely it wouldn't happen after years of tightening fascist rule, with half of the population so blinded by government propaganda that it would surely sooner turn into civil war than an open rebellion against the goverment for the 'good cause'.

I doubt their wives and children are the delusion people LARPing with an AR that they'll be fighting

No, but civil wars and revolutions can get nasty

all wars get nasty. thats why soldiers do it instead of civilians.

The idea isn't that the people will win the gun fight. The idea is that people with guns are willing to die for their beliefs. Hard to oppress a nation if everyone in that nation was killed by the government.

seems like running away like the Syrians did is a go to move if you want to protect your fam

Did you knw if you are male & 17-45 you are either a member of the armed forces, or the militia.

get rid of your guns so you go back to fearing the power of the government rather than the government fearing the power of the people
please?

Attached: 1513350633074.jpg (1000x515, 129K)

tell that to the kurds.

People shouldn’t have these because some hillbilly would blow themselves up or mentally autist such as yourself would take out a jumbo jet

I read, if the deer hunters in just Wisconsin would organize, they would constitute the 5th largest standing army in the world.
The US military does not take an oath to support the government. They take an oath to defend the Constitution.

an army of mediocre amateur snipers.

Yeah. The oppositions family has to live among.

Sure you do. That's how fucking Afghan farmers have fought off the US military for years.

Utter nonsense. This kind of shot is why nobody should listen to communists.
1. No western government would use aircraft on its own people. At least no offensively. Aside from the PR nightmare, who do you think pays for the damage if the rebellion is squashed?
2. An American rebellion likely wouldn't meet the military on a battlefield because
a. Much of the military would immediately jump ship.
b. It would be asymmetrical.
c. deployment takes time.
3. Those weapons would be classed as explosives, and require special licensing if anyone could afford them. Would it shock you to know that grenade launchers are legal?
There is no chance of that ever happening. Did your parents feed you paint chips?

Tell me, how did Simo Hayha (the White Death) get his start?

IT department?

Who says they don’t?

>calls people hill billies (it’s one word, genius)
>watches The Andy Griffith Show
If there was ever a picture for irony...

he would have struggled if he was up against against thermal imaging, laser targeting, drones, etc.

The military wouldn't have had a shot to employ those things. He would come out, take a few shots and vanish in like 45 seconds. Drones won't find you if you've already left the area.

all governments fear the people.

The economic effects of striking, rioting, and general disorder FAR outweigh threats from any group of armed indiviuals that are likely to be unorganised and splintered.

pretty sure north korea doesn't fear it's citizens...

No cunt's gonna read this. But glad you got it off your chest snowflake.

Marxists don't get to call other people snowflake soy-drinker. Use your own insult.

then why do they censor the internet?

because it's a form of control

and what happens if they can't control the people?

Okay grandpa

Isn’t that from Rogue One?

governments do fear the people or they would not try so hard to disarm the public.

History is full of left wing revolution, but never against an armed citizenry.

Daily reminder that President Washington sent 20,000 troops to western PA because the settlers there refused to pay the tax on the whiskey they made. Washington led the troops himself.

They never even had to fire a shot. The locals, who were all armed, gave up immediately.

It was Washington, and it was just a short time after the revolutionary war.
Yes, they gave up when they faced the man who beat George’s army and gave the nation its independence.

Well reasoned argument. I've seen it multiple times but keep posting when applicable.

you dont that russia and china would not support it?

You niggers all forget that the military are people, too, most of which just as much (if not more) against a tyrannical government than the average citizen.

The question "If it came to having to supress an active revolt against the government in a suburban or rural area, would you?" is always ansswered with "NO"

Urban areas are exempt because they are filled with libtards and niggers, and should be napalm'd

Many of the residents were former Continental Army men themselves. This was in 1794. They were armed and stormed the home of the local tax collector and Washington led the troops. The locals, armed veterans, gave up immediately.

evidently, thier whiskey wasn't good enough to take on the feds.
It does not mean they could not win long term.
Not a relevant comparison.

>tfw the tax was repealed with the next administration

Attached: 1521587283087.jpg (3264x2448, 1.55M)

>founding principle of America is just a fucking B-list anime plot
The greatest meme of them all

but history has shown that they always will if called upon to do so, starting with the Whiskey Rebellion and into the labor riots and civil rights era.

Every time, they turned their weapons on US citizens because the federal or state government ordered them to. Every single time.

You need to learn about the history of our country.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_rebellions_in_the_United_States

see for yourselves, Sup Forumstards.

That was before the power of memes, friendo.

The internet is a great tool to communicate massively.

I'm military and I'd actively sabotage any attempt to complete missions that would betray the US populace.

Again, I don't mean niggers. If we were tasked with leveling Detroit, I don't think you'd ever see me work as hard.

push come to shove, the USA could become one big flight 93.

>thinks the government has the will and means to enforce military control of the nation
>still wants to disarm all civilians
Libtards will be fucking shocked--SHOCKED I tell you--when they are the first against the wall.

it's not the government doing the actual fighting. it's patriotic Americans. do you think they will want do burn down their whole country?

Because I'm not mentally ill

even if you were, the rocket (not the launcher, JUST the rocket) in the pic is worth around $80k.
The launcher is somewhere between $160k-$200k. You get to keep the launcher, but each rocket is a nice new car that just explodes in the distance...
It's so expensive that only the best scoring dude out of over 100 gets to fire 1 live one during training, the rest only get dinky simulators.
If it's too expensive for Uncle Sam, it's definitely way over your budget.

MANPADS are not significantly cheaper and are only of limited use against helicopters. Planes can simply choose to stay out of your envelope completely.

"I was just following orders"

>he believes the flight 93 myth

Attached: 1462342956880.jpg (700x700, 249K)

Once again, because it was Washington himself. The man who beat George.

Would you do it?

If your place of work, or school, handed you a rifle and said to go quell the insurrection?

I don't think so.

Most military don't give a shit about orders. Officers are normally bufoons and aren't worth their salt.

Enlisted folk are reasonable and in general don't do the wrong thing.

(yes there are retards that I think would do it in the military, but the majority are sane, ethical people)

yes, and I have as much actual knowledge as you, stud duck-

Kek... too easy.

>2020 (or whenever) will play out like 1794
History is informative, but not definitive.

>be repub
>praise the military
>fear the impeding government takeover

this retarded

The naivety of this post is depressing

Welcome to the rice fields mother fucker

They kill or imprison them.

OK, unless you are going to give a reason to why it's naiive, then your argument is worthless.

I live the life. I have the experience. Do you?

US military been fighting dirt poor farmers in Middle East for over a decade. They got no air force or advanced tanks just pure will. If they had that much trouble over there would they do better here. Well, pretty much the whole military is on the homeland so more troops obv. But wouldn't there be people in the military who would refuse the orders to kill their own fellow US citizens? Anyways, even if the US were to use more of its arsenal against its own people than used in Afghanistan what would it accomplish? They'd end up destroying the nation's infrastructure and economy. Nukes will just irradiate the land making it unusable for decades or even centuries. Chemical and bio weapons will probably cause a massive amount of unnecessary deaths. A tyrannical government survives through controlling its people, not killing every single one of them. No people to do your work = nothing gets fuckin done. Although, they most likely will target armed individuals who pose a threat. Some people will surrender their weapons but some will rather die than do so. But again, will all members of the military follow through with these orders? They will be lied to most likely by the top officials to kill citizens for some reason but some will see through the lies and refuse to kill a citizen. There are soldiers who follow orders blindly without second thought because that is what they were trained to do but this isn't 100% with everyone. However in the end I don't hink that citizens fighting against the government would overthrow it. Chances are very slim. It would be more logical and effective for the gov to take guns away so resistance is at the absolute minimum to prevent less casualties and the total takeover is faster. The new tyrannical gov would probably not last very long but that's just me being optimistic about it.

>pic semi related

Attached: 1510696386239.jpg (983x500, 44K)

Gotta love the fact that gun nuts have shifted their mind gymnastics to literally "they can't destroy us with their overpowered weapons".

WHAT YOU NEED YOUR GUNS FOR THEN?!

The million man army would quickly dissolve to half that size in the first weeks of battle much like in the Civil War.
200 million armed civilians against a half million soldiers in house to house combat would wipe out the other half million in months.