Good emo

is this a thing that exists?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGuMAL7tnqWNqir1lPgOCmCDg2y-xMii9lhOyz8SeHw/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=AOSIM8TMErY
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwo_eM5ZeoY
youtube.com/watch?v=ya7LvZCoIaA
twitter.com/AnonBabble

no

yo you heard my boy lil "if youre a jew i got got some xannys fo you" peep?

it's still pretty terrible - dowsing

well, i guess trips settles it

"Real Emo" only consists of the DC Emotional Hardcore scene and the late 90's Screamo scene. What is known as "Midwest Emo" is nothing but Alternative Rock with questionable real emo influence. When people try to argue that bands like My Chemical Romance are not real emo, while saying that Sunny Day Real Estate is, I can't help not to cringe because they are just as fake emo as My Chemical Romance (plus the pretentiousness).
Real emo sounds ENERGETIC, POWERFUL and somewhat HATEFUL. Fake emo is weak, self pity and a failed attempt to direct energy and emotion into music.
Some examples of REAL EMO are Pg 99, Rites of Spring, Cap n Jazz (the only real emo band from the midwest scene) and Loma Prieta.
Some examples of FAKE EMO are American Football, My Chemical Romance and Mineral
EMO BELONGS TO HARDCORE
NOT TO INDIE, POP PUNK, ALT ROCK OR ANY OTHER MAINSTREAM GENRE

Check out my essay on it:

docs.google.com/document/d/1aGuMAL7tnqWNqir1lPgOCmCDg2y-xMii9lhOyz8SeHw/edit?usp=drivesdk

yeah check out the band American Football

i bet you post on r/emo

i agree, genres can't change or evolve over time

90% of genres started in the late 50s and 60s, everything else is just an interpretation
Never heard of it

why do weebs always have the worst opinions

Speaking of which, as someone who used to listen almost exclusively to SDRE-like stuff, I've just started listenimg to DC emocore stuff and I like what I've heard so far, but that's not much
I've listened to Rites of Spring, Embrace, and Dag Nasty
Do you have any other great emocore bands I should listen to?

YOUR LIPSTICK
HIS COLLAR
DON'T BOTHER ANGEL
I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT GOES ON

SAD SMALL SWEET SO DELICATE YOU USED TO BE THIS DYING BREED

youtube.com/watch?v=AOSIM8TMErY

Because they got banned from Sup Forums for having shit taste.

bring back /emoe/

All of it, even the more pop punk ones.

there's a reason why they are seperated and regarded as 1st, 2nd and 3rd wave emo so frequently you dense gobshite

TOO COOL FOR ME BUT THAT'S FAIR

Yes

Also

>Check out my essay on it

There is a great screamo scene at the moment.

OOOOOOPENNNNNN THE CURTAINS

they don't consider themselves emo though

This, these albums were both very important to me as a teen.

SHIT RECS
LISTEN TO THE BRAVE LITTLE ABACUS OP

yes
youtube.com/watch?v=Cwo_eM5ZeoY

Tumblr pop punk emo should die

What do you think of this screamo OP? youtube.com/watch?v=ya7LvZCoIaA

?????
So Darkthrone isn't metal right?
Because even though it's sorted into a specific class of metal that's derivative from the original, as all non-emocore emo bands are, because it doesn't sound like Black Sabbath, it just simply cannot be metal.
If you were to say you liked Bathory, Burzum, Weakling, or Immortal, that would make you a FAKE metal fan, because if it doesn't have the direct blues influence, it can't be REAL metal. Genres are absolutely INCAPABLE of developing in different directions, and anyone who enjoys these directions that I DON'T like are WRONG.
Nice copypasta bait weeb, but it gets a bit tired when it's in every thread related to emo.

it's shit

I don't believe you.

whiny pop punk is not true emo reeeee

Neither do Cap'n Jazz or American Football

ctrl+f brand new

srsly? no one? Brand New.

Tons of emo bands don't call themselves such, it's funny. TBLA is another example, IIRC the main songwriter considers the band prog rock. I'm guessing they just don't want to be associated with hot topic and shit.

heres some real emo friend

>Bay Faction
This one is nice. Definitely emo, but has a relaxed, almost elegant vibe in some of the songs.

I like how no one noticed that this is pasta.

um, did

WHEN YOU HOLD ME I'LL FEEL HELD

this so much

tons of it
lots of different eras too if you're willing to dig.
I'm a fan of the newer revivial stuff, but some of the older stuff like Mineral, Christie Front Drive, Cap n Jazz, Jawbreaker, Indian Summer are all dope

As for revival stuff Snowing, Empire Empire, Algernon Cadwallader, Merchant Ships, William Bonney, Marrieta are some of my recs.

This is by no means a definitive list though, just stuff i like. For example lots of people will say TWIABP, but i personally hate them, and Brand New which is pretty debatable as to it being emo imo

Oh and just as i was posting i remembered The Brave Little Abacus and The Newfound Interest in Connecticut

/emoe/ was an absolute garbage heap of avataring, tripfag circlejerking that absolutely killed the emo threads which were pretty common here a couple of years ago. Never again.
barely.

Asides from other recs itt OP i'd throw in Seahaven, Dads, Foxing, Sunny Day Real Estate, Camping in Alaska, I Create, Seatia,

You're better off just listening to post-hardcore OP

>tfw unironically like mcr

anything similar but not hated by everyone?

i mean theres tons of 00's core bands that blended agressive fast paced rock with dramatic choruses and whatnot but it's so far from emo that this is probably the wrong place to ask

i guess try other 00's core stuff like Senses Fail or some shit, but theres a reason MCR were the most famous because they were the best at that by quite a long way

gerard way has a sexy whiny voice

I want to muffle it with my dick but it's also nice to listen to

cool choruses and edgy angsty teen lyrics please

>people arent allowed to like my special unique genre

Seriously, what the fuck do you gain by keeping it underground? It's not like you have friends to brag to.

i'm like that too, i just keep hoping if i listen to them enough, i'll begin to hate them like everyone else

FUCKING THIS! JUST GOT BACK IS INCREDIBLE

Hell yeah user, Jank is great. Shame they'll only ever have the one album and EP...

sooo many people itt have no idea what they're talking about

welcome to Sup Forums

this is a very obscure pasta, i think its from rym or something

envy
algernon cadwallader
snowing
gospel
off minor
brave little abacus

I'm pretty sure I got it from a youtube comment on a Rites of Spring song. Once I saw it, I started posting it on Sup Forums but people could have been posting it before idk

it's from Memelords against furries and fake emo on Facebook