Apparently Harry Potter and his friends inspired Parkland students with their defense of Hogwarts in the books

Apparently Harry Potter and his friends inspired Parkland students with their defense of Hogwarts in the books.

But - and check me if I'm wrong here - werent all the teachers and students constantly armed with lethal weapons capable of unlimited firing?

cnn.com/2018/03/26/opinions/parkland-march-harry-potter-generation-opinion-sklar/index.html

Attached: 180326163831-harry-potter-mfol-sign-2-large-tease.jpg (460x259, 26K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Don't forget that wizards were special people and only those who are special are allowed access to such power.

shocking, liberals don't think about stuff like this before they say something

Lots of people don't think about what they are saying before they say it. This isn't a trend in Liberals, but rather a general human trait.

And wasn't the Ministry - i.e. the Wizarding Government - rather intent on removing Defense Against the Dark Arts frim the curriculum - i.e. disarming them - and leaving them defenseless in front of a real threat?

Attached: DoloresUmbridge_WB_F5_UmbridgeSmiling_Still_080615_Land.jpg (320x240, 18K)

The lady who wrote this thing is a Grade A dipshit.

WE NEED A WAND BAN TO PRTOECT THE CHIDREN

Any resistance is a good resistance as long as you agree with them. One man's revolutionary is another's rebel.

What would have happened in the end if the Ministry had banned "assault" wands, raised the wand wielding age to 21, and made Hogwarts a "wand-free" zone?

Why is it that people who want to discuss real political issues, refer to fantasies to try and make a point?

Popular culture is understood by the masses, history is not.

The intellectual bankruptcy of the mainstream media.

if I recall, I was like 10 when I read the books, but doesn't the defense against the dark arts class only teach like 'push' spells and the baddies are the ones who knew how to do the murder spells? like, isn't that the premise of wanting to join up with the death eaters, to learn the good stuff? like snap and probably all the other dark arts professors knew the real deal, but almost every single one of the dark arts teachers were also spies, or horribly corrupt by dark magic right? so idk but maybe knowing murder spells is a corrupting influence and shouldn't be wide spread?

idk I stopped reading when I got into the lord of the rings.

Attached: warp dust.jpg (1478x1019, 188K)

The restriction of weapons has been a reoccurring theme throughout human history. From social codes restricting the public wearing of a sword to men of standing, to the sword and gun sweeps of post Sengoku era Japan.

Nope. The Unforgiveable Curses were taught by Moody and others who wanted their students to be able to defend themselves.

Which would make the school a form of weapons control if you see the wielder, not the wand as a weapon. After all a wand in the hands of a muggle is just a wooden stick, because the magic comes from the wielder.

Thus Hogwarts is a way of controlling these weapons by ensuring that every wizard only receives education from one government controlled source.

In the books the penalties are harsh for violating this code, i.e. they can only use their weapons on an approved range (school grounds).

so wait your telling my harry and his shit random unnamed friends could just kill a bloke right then and there and they just didn't do that all the time when ever they met one of the hundreds of nasty things?

like a fucking cave troll or random giant spider or another animal monster? they had murder spells and they didn't use them? the fuck kind of rules of ethics do they have in Hogwarts? what does it take to justify lethal force there?

Attached: warp.jpg (1600x900, 1.9M)

Only until they're 17. Then everybody carries a lethal weapon everywhere all the time.

Moody killed an insect in front of the class with the Killing Curse without consequences. Any of the kids could have used them against any of those monsters.

Wasnt it some deatheater you took moodys identity that taught the unforgivable spells?

Barty junior or something

wait, so were there wizard cops? like what stopped my from robbing a muggle bank with my wand? is that what 'fantastic beasts' was about?

cus idk what wizards have for day jobs, but id imagine automation would be kinda crazy efficient with magic. That's what kinda turned me off about harry potter, its just so school centric. what about the poor kids who cant go to magic school are they allowed wands?

Attached: Fantasia-disneyscreencaps_com-2535.jpg (1440x1080, 313K)

that's right! it wasn't the real moody at all! they never meet the real moody. so they did learn the murder spells from a corrupt person. who I bet was trying to temp new recruits into using the bad juju and loose their nose and go pale.

>if heavily armed students can defeat terrorists
>then we can use terrorism to defeat the Constitution
TBH, the logic checks out.

Attached: thingsdemocratsactuallybelieve.jpg (480x360, 19K)

Yes, there are wizards cops.
And you can't kill, harm a muggler without being punished by the ministry of magic

No, they taught the kids how to use straight up murder spells and then told them "never use this, kids!" They also told them how to use torture spells and a date-rape spell.

Attached: harry potter themes.jpg (657x599, 137K)

>wizards cops.
This sounds like a really fucking hard job, tell you what. petty stuff like shop lifting would so so easy if you can literately magic wand stuff out of places. there is no way that wands and magic arn't heavily regulated.

I'm like 90% sure that only people who go to magic school can own wands. like there are goblins and gnome people who run magic shops, but there magic is limited in comparison. you do only see humans in schools taking the classes.

first, that points to the weak writing of Rowling just giving away the shop like that. like that knowledge wouldn't later be exactly what they should have used to get out of a jam quick but they didn't cus they actually needed plot materiel.

but second, so its like the military then? here is how to rig up a napalm land mine, don't do anything bad with this. that sounds like a system where only the qualified and educated are allowed to even know lethal bad spells, and even then there isn't any justification to uses the. as far as I know, potter and crew never kill people, they use non-leathal spells.

>werent all the teachers and students constantly armed with lethal weapons capable of unlimited firing?
Yeah, when you turn 11 you are given a non-recoiling unlimited ammo Golden Gun. You aren't taught how to handle it until years later either.

>so its like the military then?
What? No. It's like a hunting class. That shit used to be normal. Kids brought guns to school all the time and school shootings happened as often as a white girl raping a native American elder.

Forgot pic

Attached: hp shall not be infringed.jpg (1600x800, 121K)

Human update when? I've been submitting bug reports for years with no response, devs abandoned project

it would have flunked in theaters and caused more of a shit storm than last jedi

This may shock you but just because someone gets some inspiration from something, doesn't mean they have to perfectly emulate that thing.

Also Harry Potter is fiction, fyi. You seemed a bit confused with the deadly weapon comparison.

but like it takes them what, seven years to get through all the classes? idk any hunting class that long. and its not exactly like picking up a rifle and shooting it, its like building a bullet in your mind and yelling it out of a pointy stick.

they don't just sell wands preloaded with spells, you can buy.

>Kids brought guns to school all the time
also, when was this?

Up until the 80's with the crack/gang/satanic panic scares.
They didn't teach the murder/daterape/torture spell until the 4th year, IIRC. There obviously isn't a perfect metaphor in a fantasy world, user. The point is that they gave kids weapons that could kill (and do all kinds of other dangeorus shit) from a young age and then taught them how to use them properly. If you wanna make a strawman, you're welcome to it. I can make anything sound racist/sexist/Naziesque if I'm so inclined.

Attached: hp lugenpress.jpg (900x600, 128K)

All the students are given pepper spray spells until they can handle abra cadabra?

yeah, four years to learn how to kill a person with a flick of the wrist is kind of a long time. yeah sure you can levitate an anvil above a fellas head and drop it, but the actual murder spell is restricted to after years of training. and it was a death eater in disguise that taught them that spell anyway, and I think it was mostly just a demonstration. like i don't remember any part where they were up all night practicing it zapping things getting real good at it. You never see harry use it, its always exprecto partoma, a non-leathal blastwave push.

We never ever see harry use that lethal death spell, even when its like giant animals trying to kill him, which would be entirely justifiable to shoot with a gun.

and that bit about kids in the 70's and 60's bring guns to school all the time. you mean in like boyscouts dismantling a .22 after class in a rural area gym right? not like inner city street tuffs in leather jackets bringing switch blades to the ice cream social, but not with knifes but with like pistols.

youtube.com/watch?v=Ip7QZPw04Ks

>it was a death eater in disguise that taught them that spell anyway
Yeah, that's why when they told older students that fake-Moody taught them how to daterape literally no one went
>What the ever living fuck?! I was never taught the murder spell
That's why when younger students heard that they were taught the murder spell literally no one went
>What the heck?! Why did my older brother/sister never tell me about that?!
That's why when teachers started hearing rumors that fake-Moody taught students the torture spell literally no one went
>Moody needs to be fucking fired immediately
It was 100% normal for wizards to be taught these spells. No one objected. No one thought it was weird.

>not like inner city
Check your privilege, ignorant white boy.

Attached: hp armed veterans.jpg (152x228, 15K)

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand you couldn't reply because you realized you were being a willful dipshit.

Attached: hp cold dead hands.jpg (1026x740, 139K)

Attached: wands don't kill people.jpg (1209x589, 230K)

uwotm8y?