PROVE YOU'RE NOT A WORTHLESS MUSICIAN

You can only post in this thread if you are a musician who actually get's paid for their work. Sadly, I don't expect many replies.

Here's my royalties since I started making music, covering cdbaby (streaming), bandcamp (physical sales+digital) and distrokid (streaming)

Not a massive amount of money by any means, but enough for me to be able to work part-time and dedicate half my life to doing what I enjoy. I don't play live, but should I decide to in the future, I could probably make a living full-time from music.

Other urls found in this thread:

soundcloud.com/theboyghost/thatway
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

show us your music

this post something or gtfo

>$4790
>for an entire year

Imagine giving your music away for such a paltry sum. How can you even afford to work part time? How is that even worth it? Do you have a trust fund?

I got paid $3 once and a promoter gave me extra $5 for my trip another time.
Am I making it boys?

Yes, Satan

Sorry no, that wouldn't be a good idea.

It's 1 of 3 revenue streams (and the smallest of the lot). Add them all up, alongside the licensing fees I charge to use my music and it all adds up, friend.

soundcloud.com/theboyghost/thatway

dreadful

I'd love to hear your music and see your reach to get a good sense of those numbers. But yeah it's definitely not a good idea for you
Still, keep it up mang. Hope you can go full-time in the future. I sure af hope I can too
Nothing from adsense/youtube tho? I strongly suggest you get into that if you haven't already

OP, sum up in a sentence or 2 why your music is so popular

Yes I did indeed make 1.90$ this year alone. I'm glad to be surrounded by similarly illustrious musicians

says here in the pic that OP's music is on Tidal, that's pretty rare

now all we have to do in order to identify OP is whittle down the possibilities

OP post who u are or gtfo

OP what genre? I don't really care about identifying you, just find this interesting.

Ok, you get artists A-Y and I'll take the artists beginning with Z. We will be done in no time

>popularity determines worth
fuck off retard

why would you brag about your smallest revenue stream in the op? the whole point of this thread was so you can brag about money.

Horn Whistling. I can whistle like a trumpet

NIGGA NIGGA NIGGA!

pretty obvious it's shitty electronic music that people only stumble on through playlists on spotify

> Being so insecure you have to brag about your earnings from music on Sup Forums

OP, show us your music already.

>Make bland corporate "music" for commercials that nobody will ever remember
>lul i'm a real musician b/c i make money

grow up

Thanks mate. Adsense revenue is TERRIBLE. Far less than even Spotify. See attached image for how much they pay.

No idea. I guess I found a sound that resonated with people and have a decent-ish following. I imagine a lot of luck was involved getting noticed initially too.

Tidal is a partner to all the major DD/streaming agregators, like cdbaby, distrokid, tunecore etc.. Good luck!

weird electronic shit, yeah. Not commercial friendly at all.

It's not enough money to brag about desu. I'm more interested in how many people here make a living from music.

I've never made music for anyone other than myself user. My album music has been licensed for sync work of course, but I've never once sat down and made music for someone elses projects.

No one gives a fuck about how much money you make, they care about the music you make.
Post tunes or fuck off and never make a shitty brag thread like this again.