The best Zin-Say album by far...

The best Zin-Say album by far, although I've only listened to around two of their albums (one being a maxi single) its definitely the best in terms of Zolo. Any more patrician music like this Sup Forums?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=dVN7Z8tb5eQ
mega.nz/#F!MoVxFR6J!KoT8ApwP-oVVl_gK2aLRqA
youtube.com/watch?v=7LgVy2sBaJw&feature=youtu.be
mega.nz/#F!ZgdQTKoD!X0XjkYXVTWcp2g0BCzqwig
youtube.com/watch?v=CIl5SGK9dRQ
youtube.com/watch?v=x18Fd1DOl-c
mega.nz/#F!lhUS3BAQ!PwG9OG9-RudguEWBudPhgA
youtube.com/watch?v=dcCg8-uEgkk
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYtJgorbulI
youtube.com/watch?v=g1BlahQfvaQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Substance III is actually a compilation of their first couple flexis and mini album 9 tunes for mirai, all released by nagomu records.
Substance V has the other half of the collection with Zin-say's full lengh As a face, and some other rare live tracks.
I can't think of artists similar to them, other than early Denki Groove which is basically still Zin-Say but with rap.
Mr. Bungle reminds me of Zin-Say at times, I think Patton has listened to Nagomu bands.

Yeah I've read that it was a compilation, it's still pretty good I've always had a thing for that psychotic twist that a lot of Japanese incorporate into their music, really fucking nice

Have you seen their live performances?
youtube.com/watch?v=dVN7Z8tb5eQ

>dat guitar solo

Yeah I've already seen most of the videos up on youtube, I also have a few rare videos some Japanese fans have shared online, they've always seemed like Uchoten's polar opposites

I'm interested in those rare videos, can you upload them?
I think they share some similarities with Uchoten, Kera's solo works also have some stuff that remind me of zin-say.

I'll make one of them into a webm, but I also have a few rare images of them
Pic related

>you will never be takkyu and have a horde of horny nagomu girls screaming your name

Cool, dump what you have my man.
I don't have much although if you want I can upload their bulba papa album (not included on substance because it was under captain records)

Go for it user. I'm going to try and enjoy Zin-Say for as long as I can before all the visual kei fags find out about them, for some reason they seem to turn any band they touch into shit. Also the whole nagomu gal fashion looked extremely similar to post-punk fashion in the west during the late 70s and 80s.

What other bands are you into, by the way? Hopefully you've heard of BOOWY extremely underrated in terms of both music and influence on the Japanese music scene, X-Japan seems to take most of the credit for the band boom of the 90s when it was really all BOOWY's influence which caused instrument sales too reach an all time high.

actually, I don't have bulba papa on this pc, so have denki groove's first album instead.
mega.nz/#F!MoVxFR6J!KoT8ApwP-oVVl_gK2aLRqA

Yes I know BOOWY, I like them although I never became a fan of theirs, I like many of their songs, and lots of artists have covered their songs over the years.
Many bands are underrated in the west, Buck-Tick, Kinniku shoujo-tai, Uchoten.
I actually like some visual kei bands, mostly 80s and 90s stuff, and some 2000s stuff (mainly works by veteran guys though).
X Japan still was incredibly popular, I like their works, especially their first albums when they were just called X.
Also, many kids who grew up listening to Nagomu bands and the like in Japan ended up in the visual kei scene (like Sharaku from Metronome), there's some interesting stuff in VK.

Yeah I was mostly referring to the neo visual kei scene bands such as An cafe and the likes, though I listen to a lot of the 90s bands. BOOWY is currently my favorite I have a shit ton of rare pics and live concert audio by them.
Pic related

youtube.com/watch?v=7LgVy2sBaJw&feature=youtu.be
Here's the video, it kept fucking up whenever I tried to make a webm

Thanks for the album bro, really good shit right there.

Oh shit man I'm subscribed to your other channel, I didn't know you had another one.
Thanks for the video, that was pretty funny.
Yeah I know what you mean about neo vk, and I agree.
Even in the 90s there was a loooot of shit (all that shitty Matina bands), but there's also some really good stuff hidden between all that generic crap.
Kreis and Key Party had some solid indie bands.
I figure if you like Boowy, you might like stuff like D=SIRE, Ize, Blüe

No problem, enjoy! here's the remixed/rearranged Flash Papa Menthol
mega.nz/#F!ZgdQTKoD!X0XjkYXVTWcp2g0BCzqwig

Really user? Were you by any chance that brazilian guy who subscribed to me right after I uploaded Punks not dead by Zin-Say? I've already heard of D=SIRE and Ize. And yeah back in high school I used to be into a number of shitty VK matina bands, I knew they were horrible but I still listened to them mainly because I was fooling myself into thinking it was good, eventually I wised up and got rid of them kek.

I don't remember when I subscribed, a while ago.
I'm from Argentina, close enough to hueland.
I never really got to like Matina bands, I noticed they were shit almost immediately, I tried to get into Syndrome but I couldn't.
Though, after some years, I found out Matina did have a few good ones, like Sense of Shape
youtube.com/watch?v=CIl5SGK9dRQ

Thats pretty good, but like most of those bands the instrumental is always better than the vocals.. Also, when do you think the VK scene started out? Personally I think VK didn't start until the mid 90s since most bands that were around in the 70s and 80s were new wave, no wave, post-punk, goth, glam etc. It's always irritated me when someone mentions that it's been around since the late 70s since I can't find any band that has mentioned VK in any way, even the guitarist of BOOWY has claimed it started out in the late 90s, I forget where the source for that is though.

Yeah I agree about the vocals, but that's still far better than many other matina vocalists, lol.
Ize's vocalist is pretty damn good, I think. Underrated band.
As for when VK started out, I'm not sure when the term actually was first mentioned, although it's known that X's "crime of visual shock" logo came into play, also probably the reason people say late 70s is because of that one glam band Visual Scandal.
But yeah rather than a genre, I think VK is a scene, and a fairly wide one, you can find all sort of music labeled "visual kei".
I'd say VK started at least in the late 80s/early 90s with bands like Luna Sea, Kuroyume, Zi:Kill.
Then in the mid 90s there was the visual kei boom with Malice Mizer, Shazna, Pierrot, Dir en grey, etc.

Fucking kek, It's always funny to me how Dir en grey absolutely hates their western fanbase, they know that the majority of them are just ugly ass weebs, if you've ever seen pictures of them with their American fans they always have this cynical and sour look on their faces like they're judging every single fan that comes near them. Toshiya even stated once that they avoid playing at anime cons because it "gives the band an image thats hard to brush off". But Japanese people are pretty judgmental if you've ever met one.

Also, you guys have the sluttiest and hottest teens in Latin America, seriously it's like they crave cock 24/7 it's ridiculous.

I didn't know Toshiya said that heh, but yeah I think I remember reading something similar. They started playing in the west on metal festivals, I remember they first played with DIsturbed I think, back in their nu metal phase.
Also around that time, when their Vulgar album came out, I remember Kyo said on a magazine interview in Japan that he was sick of fans doing cosplay at concerts, referring to fans cosplaying as Kyo from the Missa, Gauze, Macabre or La Sadie's era.
Around that time they seemed to hate their VK roots, but since Uroboros they've been mellowing and having nostalgia for their VK days, I think.
Kyo's even doing that sukekiyo solo project which is pretty visual kei I think.

Really? I think argie girls are overrated. From latin america, Paraguay and Brazil have sluttier women, less hysteric too.

Well the ones I've met have been slutty as hell, but maybe I'm just generalizing.

Most bands around that time only went for the VK alternative because it was an easy way to garner fame in a short amount of time, thats why most of the VK bands of the 90s didn't survive a year without breaking up and starting another band. I can't for the life of me find the source of where Toshiya said that but the whole article even had comments from Dynamite Tommy from COLOR who said the majority of VK bands around right now are just in it for attention, its mostly just upper middle class kids trying to become famous without having any actual talent, regardless VK is pretty much dead at this point, the only fans who seem to stick around for any new bands are mostly teenage girls who are into anime and cosplaying.

>I can't think of artists similar to them
karate bakabon

oh also Hovlakin were the original Japanese tard rock band
youtube.com/watch?v=x18Fd1DOl-c

pretty sure they inspired the whole kansai noise rock scene

I've heard of them but never listened to any of their songs, I always assumed YBO2 were the ones who started the whole noise rock scene in Japan

Yeah, the VK industry has a lot of shady shit, and many bands survived milking their fangirls by selling the same songs in different CDs, Kisaki is most guilty of this.
you're right

Here's Karate Bakabon's nagomu collection
mega.nz/#F!lhUS3BAQ!PwG9OG9-RudguEWBudPhgA

They don't really do noise rock, their music is hard to classify, it's like comical techno pop with very bizarre and sort of dark vibes.
It sounds like zin-say, uchoten and kinniku shoujo tai had a karaoke session together. Even though no zin-say member was part of it.

Probably has to do with the fact that the Yakuza control the vast majority of record companies in Japan.

Thanks dude, did you buy these albums or just found the links on random websites?

Yeah I've heard many VK guys are connected to the yakuza, but never got any real source.
I just know Kisaki appeared all over the news many years ago because of a tax evasion scandal.

I've downloaded them, but I have a couple physical albums, like the Substance CDs.

I met a guy who lived in Japan for a couple years circa 2000, he said most of the small bands in the club scene were aspiring visual kei bands, they had the look down but the music was fucking terrible

Takkyo Ishino specifically said Hovlakin was what inspired him to try music in the first place.

But specific to the Kansai region they don't seem too far off from like early Boredoms, plus a lot of the members were also in other punk and noise rock bands.

Yeah most of the bands are fucking terrible, like I said the only people who listen to them are teenage girls.

Thats interesting I didn't know that

Have you heard of The Plastics by any chance? They were around for a short time but were very influential in the music and fashion scene in Japan through the 70s-90s

I've listened to some of their stuff on Youtube.
There's a video divided in various part about japan's techno pop scene in the late70s/early 80s and Plastics is there along with Hikashuu and P-Model.

I know which one you're referring too, sadly Toshio Nakanishi died February of this year, I think Hajime died in 2014 but I'm not too sure.
Pic related RIP

I just remembered about this
youtube.com/watch?v=dcCg8-uEgkk
Probably one of the strangest visual kei bands, reminds me of Picky Picnic.

Also Da'vidノ使徒:aL, this one is interesting because they had 2 bassists and 2 vocalists, really weird but charming at the same time, the music writing is also pretty good imo
youtube.com/watch?v=ZYtJgorbulI

Masahide Sakuma died, not Hajime

Shit my bad

>Shu~Furuma~Ju
Shit it sounds extremely soothing and yet eccentric at the same time

I've heard of Da'vidノ使徒:aL they're pretty good

Muchi muchi ANAGO

sort of angura all-star band
youtube.com/watch?v=g1BlahQfvaQ