Were the 90s the worst decade for music?

Were the 90s the worst decade for music?

Other urls found in this thread:

docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk
youtube.com/watch?v=VnFGuWb-K5A&list=RDPbfsyTyQUPI&index=16
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

nah

70s > 80s > 00s > 90s > 60s > 50s > 10s

Nah, the 10’s are.
Even if 2018-2020 are fantastic it’ll still go down as the worst

Did you forget the 80s exist?

Starship
Journey
Toto
Good 70s musicians going to shit (Chicago, Bowie, Hancock, Stevie, A lot of rock groups)

50s and 60s had incredible jazz tho

You sure did some nice cherry picking there

Too bad Jazz isn't an incredible genre.

literally le wrong generation

The good stuff in the late 70s and 80s was largely on independent labels, college radio stations, etc. This was pre-internet, so it was extremely difficult for most to ever hear it. The good stuff from 64-74 was everywhere.

it's true

Nope. I made an essay on the 2000s.
docs.google.com/document/d/1wylC2c9PYlNheRzQstVm3IIHoA2Nd52Jre-Jc57JpVM/edit?usp=drivesdk

00s were worse

you meant the best decade right?

> Bungle
> Stoner like Kyuss, Fu and stuff
> Hip Hop everywhere
> Acid Jazz

I hope this is a joke

the 80s were

Cheesy synths should have stayed dead 2bh

90's is the worst musical decade for sure.

>Fuk no

Zorn's work, hip hop.... Rebirth of creativity

>ultimate pleb opinion

>nirvana
yes.

Not while music of the 00's exists

there's contrarian and then there's you. and you sir are an almighty faggot

Emo and r&b excluded, the 90s is definitely the worst decade

I'm 19 and wish that I could have been old enough during the time when indie was really popular in the 2000s. Now literally no young people listen to rock music anymore, its all been replaced by lil pump mumblerap shit. I imagine most people who lived through the hipster/indie scene look back on it and cringe, but I dont care, it seems like it was certainly a more intellectually stimulating time for music than now. I want to be a twenty something in the year 2004 who plays guitar and fucks le quirky indie girls.

nirvana is just lil peep for dadrockers

Just listen to the mix of In Utero live (labelled Live & Loud)

youtube.com/watch?v=VnFGuWb-K5A&list=RDPbfsyTyQUPI&index=16

Fat sound

What the fuck is a little pepe

>le shitty music is actually good

I agree. The 80s were weird in that almost everything good came from the alternative scene while the mainstream was (with some exceptions) painfully bad.

>inb4 some retarded millennial calls you a le wrong generation faggot
It's true though. Times were much better back then.

90's industrial and hip hop were pretty good, that's why it's my favourite decade.

it wasnt as bad as pop punk or nu metal

I was your age in 2004. It was really the same as it is today, except there was metalcore and screamo instead of memerap. I hate what I looked like

Meant for

jesus christ how did people like you even learn to breathe

You'll learn how to breathe one day, user. Just give it some time

Most of the music I listen to nowadays is from the 90s, so it must be false.

Ah, good times. Wish I could go back.

I'd only go back if I had the knowledge I have now. I made a lot of bad decisions back then.

Everyone did. That's life :^)

Yeah. Doing blow off hookers' asscracks only gets you so far.

The 90's is the only decade for electronic music that matters.

Only americanocentrists and nu-males will disagree.

True
The hair is my biggest regret

but this masterpiece wasn't released in the 90s

While most popular music from 00's and 10's is shit, the 80's take the cake.

With a couple exceptions, all good music from the 80's was indie/underground/alternative/etc.

Wouldn't say it was the worst decade but I would say it was the decade that spawned more pretentious musicians and music fans than any other, and for that I'm glad they're over. Save for electronic music the 80's were better

It wasn't pretentiousness, it was self-belief and confidence.

this

Bad opinion

pic related

also your a fucking retard, there's quality music from every decade but what happened was the 50s-70s, in popular music, was a high point of creativity. Then the 80s came and there were great records, but lots of trash, they had to push everything to the point of being campy. Their cocaine couldn't help it, they needed bigger and more flash vs substance.

Then the 90's came along and most people were just bored and there was nothing happening that helped birth creativity, outside of hip hop and the few odd artists/records, the 90's is mostly trash and this continued into the 2000's. It wasn't until the 2010's we started kinda picking up again, but we've never made it back to the creativity felt during the 50s-70s

>What the fuck is a little pepe

a meme. also known as "apu apustaja"

Can I help