Thoughts on JP? Legit guy or charlatan?

Thoughts on JP? Legit guy or charlatan?

currentaffairs.org/2018/03/the-intellectual-we-deserve

Attached: jordan_peterson.png (320x270, 221K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Was a smart guy before he ever got famous. Mostly got famous because he's intelligent and can stay relatively calm in verbal engagement with a leftie. Don't agree with his religious beliefs but that's fine, he's my type of religious person - values logic and keeps it to himself unless asked about it.

Most people whom claim to hate him are either far lefties, far righties, or just hate anyone who gets a shred of notice by the general public (aka becomes famous).

200% cuck and 100% meme

A true alpha male.

He literally revolutionized my life for the better. Absolute alpha male and 100% worth listening to.

i dont agree with everything he says but overall i really like him, especially his podcasts with rogan

Was cool before he got full of himself. Never smiles because he likes to be edgy. He's okay. He's no leader but a good soldier in the intellectual war I reckon.

I don't agree with all his views but I do believe that he's truthful and means well.

He knows his shit. Follow his words and your life will improve

he's just aware of what's going on and isn't afraid to say so.

I want to like him bet something about him rubs me as strange. He does a lot of networking with right wing youtubers, it just seems a bit fake.

He's a bit like the unambomber. Many of his observations hold, at least superficially, but he often oversteps when he tries to put forward a conclusion. Because such-and-such observations about society, therefore we should have attitude X. It just doesn't follow, he lets his feelings leek in.

The unambomber said scientific progress advances inexorably to create ever more inhumane and unnatural living conditions for human society. That might be correct, at least for now, but his prescription - destroy all technology - just does not follow, it's an emotional leap.

Found a way to make money by telling lonely, depressed teenagers to clean their room.

Overall what he has to say is good and helps many people who otherwise are too potato to figure things out for themselves.

I don't agree with everything he says and some things he says are even extremely beta to me - such as his views on how fighting is necessary in a relationship. - Fighting is a feminine trait, it's what women do. Men are logical and fighting is not in any way logical. AND it just proves you don't understand how women are.

Thanks for pointing out that amazingly long-winded critical article. A bit of light bedtime reading. I'm sure from the opening paragraphs that the author's highly personal and vindictive critiques will at times raise my ire, but so it goes in the annals of discourse. Where would we be without disagreement? Stone sharpens steel, as it were.

From my rather personal perspective, I find Peterson to be a breath of fresh air, someone willing to speak his mind and often eloquently and in great detail. He's not a coward which is always a plus. As your first respondent said, likewise I have a problem with his infatuation with religiosity, with human stories being so intertwine/embedded with faith that they become inseparable. But I'm plowing my way through his biblical lectures just the same, as he's hardly sticking to the text and these presentations are a vivid example of how a mind well honed can work through complex and really difficult problems, all done out loud with spotlights and a big audience. I bow to this man's bravery. Not an easy thing to do. Going to see him talk with Sam Harris in a couple of months. Going to enjoy that I think. And it'll be a cherry on top if there are protesters. as offering a knowing smile to half-wits is mildly amusing.

I will give you my thoughts after you've cleaned your room.

Attached: jordanpeterson_rsz.jpg (808x775, 162K)

neither - authentic in his views but a complete moron with nothing new to say

He's a reasonable person..a very reasonable person.

youtube.com/watch?v=RhdEbOzcN1U

Nice editing there troll. So clever.

so smart he is literally confused by disney animated films

so about the same level as Sup Forums

lol very good

Attached: 1507351556858.jpg (187x187, 12K)

It's sometimes irritating how he tries to intellectualize simple answers.