This flag is more attractive and unique than the current one

This flag is more attractive and unique than the current one

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2auYMS-VM
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Another Euro tricolour

yeah I totally agree

whose fucking idea was it to make it red

Apparently it just turned red over time for some reason.

a fucking faggot

>he doesn't know the difference between a tricolor and a tribar

stop brap posting anytime

Triband is a tricolour, you dumb fat nigger.

We have the oldest tricolor in use. So fuuuck off.

Also, the flag of Amsterdam is better.

this is better

fucking disgusting
nice

I keep forgetting I'm in Spain. I'm actually Dutch.

because it was getting slowly more and more offensive appearently

The French. They cucked us

That's bullshit. It was only temporarily orange to show support to the house of orange.

Temporarily? Our flag has been longer orange than red you fuckwit.

>japan loses war
>adds more white to their flag

why, because apartheid era South Africa used it?

Only during the 80 year war, dumbass.

Orange has sectarian connotations here, I dunno if that's what he meant

how is that tricolor?

isn't it the colour the protestants in NI use?

Yeah and in parts of Scotland and Liverpool until quite recently as well.

black
red
white

Why not use this one and transport some niggers to the America's? Any niggers here that wants to set sail with us?

>Liverpool
why's that?

d...delete this desu

Liverpool is an Irish colony

Just to clear some things up; the current Dutch flag was only used in the county of Holland first. We had a lot of Bavarian rulers and the tricolor was used next to the old Hollandic flag (the flag which is used by the province of South-Holland now). A lot of Dutch Coat of Arms were inspired by the coat of arms of Bavaria. The Coat of Arms of waterschap (= an institution that prevent the Dutch from drowning) Delfland, which was created by the unification of older waterschappen in 1289 has the Coat of Arms of Bavaria in it too. Only the first and third quater have the Coat of Arms of Henegouwen in it (which was basically the Coat of Arms of Flanders and the Coat of Arms of Holland put together). Behind the shield is the eagle of the Holy Roman Emperor with the imperial crown. The Coat of Arms is still in use today by the waterschap of Delfland and it can be found above the door of their building (Pic related). The flag of Holland was based on the Coat of Arms of Bavaria and the red lion on the coat of arms of Holland (this one can be seen on the left of the building on the picture). During the Dutch revolt the Burgundian flag was still in use, but it was too much associated with the Spanish, so the Dutch decided to use the flag of Holland for all of the Netherlands with the colour of Orange instead of the red colour. This flag was only used by the navy after the war and the country used the original flag of Holland again. The navy got this flag too in later times, because it was more visible than the old flag. The Statenvlag (in fact still the Hollandsche vlag) has been in use till today. To honour the Dutch royal family we don't use the Prinsenvlag anymore, but we put the "oranje wimpel" on the top of the mast instead.

Forgot pic.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_2auYMS-VM
The Prinsenvlag is rather a war flag

orange paint back in the day would often turn red and was really expensive
they just said fuck it at some point

>This flag is more attractive than the current one
FTFY.

It's because William if Orange III came over and curb stomped the Irish Catholics who were being dicks to the protestants. Also, the red and orange in the Dutch flag changed due to anti Noble sentiment.

no, the dutch nazi's used it, then they helped the germans taking over

you need the wic flag for that

I really wish netherlands kept it. Makes them look distinct from russia, and it's just a unique colourscheme in the first place.

>Catholics were being dicks
>not the anglicans with their penal laws