KG's best song: youtube.com/watch?v=5zhjnBwTCxk

pic related best albums

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=iErjaKTX_3w
youtube.com/watch?v=PUZn1I6llJs
youtube.com/watch?v=uLP8rFrL1W0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

King Gizz wins but their best song is Am I in Heaven

Both appeal to the same low t hipster audience and alt-normie women (more so Tame Impala for that one), and also desperate rock fans looking for literally anything to listen to that's considered rock. I'm not even a big fan of using those words but it really fits here. Both also have the same DUDE DO YOU GUYS REMEMBER THE PAST LMAO aesthetic, lack of technical guitar ability, lack of sexiness, lack of swagger, fun, wild attitude, basically everything that makes rock what it is. I'd say I'd choose Tame Impala over King G because they at least have a cool song or two floating out there, King Gizzard is just fucking annoying.

Tame Impala
>One Drummer
King Gizzard and the Lizard Wizard
>Two Drummers

NOT A FUCKING ARGUMENT!@!

But Tame Impala's best song is Lucidity and King Gizzard's is The River

I've been on a Gizzard kick lately so I'll have to say them, but a lot of KG's albums suffer from recycled ideas, at least TI sounds unique on every album (even if Currents was a complete letdown).

tame impala is better

neither is yours

just listen to turkish rock, it shits all over King Gizzard's awful hipster bait music. Todd Rundgren and Air's Talkie Walkie should show you where Tame Impala got their ideas from, and how they should properly be executed.

I should probably clarify I mean that KG recycles a lot of their ideas from their own past albums, I'm well aware both bands aren't original in the slightest.

and besides, you can't compare two bands by comparing a single song from each.

Like imho the three tame impala albums are better on average than the king gizzard ones

Gizzard easily have the ability to be better than tame impala but they don't choose to. I like the whole "5 albums in one year thing" but they really need to start thinking about their albums more in the future.

Why are they even comparable? Tame Impala is much closer to MGMT than Gizz.

Not either of their best songs.

Tame Impala: Eventually

King Gizzard: Billabong Valley

Currents is the best album between the two of them (one of my all time favorites too), followed by Lonerism.

Then FMB, Nonagon Infinity, and Innerspeaker are all VERY close in terms of quality.

The rest of KG&TLW leaves some to be desired though.

Yes it is
>Tame Impala appeals to hipsters and alt-normies
>King G does as well
>They both have a sound and image heavily pulling from the past AKA RETRO
>They both have very little technical ability at their instruments
>They both play stiff, king G especially, due to their kraut rock influences
>Kevin especially sounds utterly bored singing, and his arrangements are neither dynamic nor exciting
>King G maybe have odd time signatures and speedier tempos, but it doesn't make up for their flat dynamics and tone
>Neither Kevin nor whoever the fuck King G's singer(s) are/is are known to wildly scream, yell, or vocalize, instead singing in dull tones, Kevin almost completely opting for falsetto. King G's singer(s) may do a weird yelp occasionally at best.
>King Gizzard is fucking annoying

I bet you listen to jazz daily

nope. I like some jazz but I'm not exactly inclined to listen to it a lot.

You misspelled "Elephant"
You misspelled "The River"

Tame impala sucks lollololol. Theyre so fucking boooooring

witnessed

but you misspelled "Her and I" by Gizz

i liked this what should i listen next?

Great choice
also great choice

Quarters

Man. Tame impala used to be so dope. currents is just so weak compared to the first two albums. Gizzard on the other hand has yet to disappoint.

Currents is their best album.

thanks anons

>people exist who don't think the Horology trilogy (three tracks but one song, fite me) isn't Gizzard's best song
>people exist who don't think Poly is their best album yet
That said, Nonagon would be their best if it wasn't recorded and mixed on iPhones on a bus

im gonna give it some more time but so far I would agree poly is one of their best if not the best

tame impala is weak-ass normie music.

drop one of the negatives from the first point lul

Poly and Mind Fuzz are tied

I wasn't a king gizz believer until their latest album. Holy fuck it blew my nuts off.

Now you're a believer?

Not a doubt in your mind?

King Gizzard = Sup Forums
Tame Impala = Reddit

murder of the universe>>>>> anything tame impala has put out

More like King Jizztard and Lame Impala

float along - fill your lungs is a masterpiece so I say king gizzard

Tame Impala's got like, two good albums

King Gizzard is constantly producing a ton of shit and almost all of it is good and has an interesting gimmick. Even polarizing albums like murder of the universe have songs that everyone can agree are pretty damn good (digital black)

They're called King for a reason. These motherfuckers released four albums in one year and almost all of them are fantastic

this but without a hint of irony

holy shit the one other person that notices eventually

based

holy fuck i knew sketches cover reminds me of something ty user

gizzard haven't released an album over a 5 and lonerism is a 7, do the math

Uh... Gizzard hasn't released an album below a five

Both of these statements are correct

yeah nice inflated scores bud

kek

>best songs
>not Alter Ego
>not Satan Speeds Up

>King Gizz's best song is from their worst album

Clearly not a trve cult fan. Not saying NI is bad by any means, they do some fun stuff on there, but it's by far the simplest and least original.

Clearly it's either Am I in Heaven?, The River, Lonely Steel Sheet Flyer or Head On/Pill.

King Gizzard of course,also their best song is either The River or Crumbling Castle

This thread is cancer and you should feel cancer for posting it

First of all Tame Impala's best song is Mind Mischief and second of all King Gizzard's best song is The River or perhaps Head On/Pill

nice try, but
tame impala best song = apocalypse dreams
king gizzard best song = crumbling castle

KG - aussie weirdos just churning out album after album of stuff that pretty much sounds the same in one way or another. nothing much has changed with the band since the beginning, still working things the same way.

TI - middle class aussie dorks somehow branded "psychedelic" when its actually safe friendly festival music. has gone from making bedroom music in perth to snorting coke with mark ronson.

Tame impalas best song is the less I know the better tho

Or maybe elephant

>Tame Impala
>a few pedals

rest of this is spot on though

>can't take 5 seconds to google the name of king gizzard's main vocalist
>king gizzard doesn't have wild yelps

have you even listened to them?

lol

Even if Gizzard had only released Mind Fuzz and nothing else they would be better than Tame Impala

fuck i love tame impala's earlier album. whats the genre called? similiar sounding artist?

>kgs best song
>not crushing castle

I just came into ctrl+f Keep on Lying

What the fuck are you doing Sup Forums

I prefer King Gizzard, but holy shit their fans

the gizzverse shit is insane though

60s psych revival

Not him, but fuck you.

These are all just wrong.

>le versus thread
fuck off reddit

>crushing castle

There's a whole psych revival going on right now and I love it. Some other bands to check out might be Pond, ORB, The Oh Sees.

Tame Impala's best song is Alter Ego. youtube.com/watch?v=iErjaKTX_3w

King Gizzard's best song is either the River or Crumbling Castle
youtube.com/watch?v=PUZn1I6llJs
youtube.com/watch?v=uLP8rFrL1W0

It's definitely my favorite release of theirs this year. If it's not my favorite of all albums, it's a strong second to Mind Fuzz.

I think a more apt comparison would be

>Tame Impala vs Pond
>King Gizzard vs Thee Oh Sees

Fuck the haters, I agree.

Nah elephant is not Kevin's best. His best is easily apocalypse dreams

The meme that Kevin is a numale needs to stop, he's objectively handsome

what a fucking reddit name for a band on the 2nd one